T V Series Personalities You Didn't Like

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Hal Pollner, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

He had the MDA Telethon every year for muscular dystrophy; that's where the "Jerry's Kids" came from.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders
    Of course I realise it. What I'm asking is if we found his movie appearances and other work to be acceptable, why should we even care about his personal failings? We didn't view his appearances to learn what kind of individual; he was, did we?

Bing Crosby's son, Dennis I think it was, revealed after his father's death that the children had been beaten mercilessly by him. In those days, the kids could do very little compared to today.

Bess Barber and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Though I cannot say what a person’s private life is like, I have met quite a few celeb’s whilst in the Food and Beverage industry. On many occasions, I personally served them as either the waiter, captain or Maitre’ D or I was back in the kitchen preparing their food and met them later. On a few occasions, I was the person who served them drinks at the bar so here goes......

Jerry Lewis, polite and a good host. Tipped extremely well.
    Amanda Blake, got overweight in her retirement years and at the time drank a bit too much. Nice person though.
    Chill Wills, got mad at his wife and knocked her off her chair at Arnaud’s restaurant.
    Sidney Poitier, demanding and obnoxious to the point that I had to ask him to either mind his manners or leave. He left.
    OJ Simpson, I had a couple of drinks with him after the service bar closed at the Monteleone during pro bowl weekend in New Orleans. Acted like a regular guy and very polite.
    Dick Van Dyke, I met him a few times and he was a really nice guy.
    Liberace, I served him in Jacksonville. Fantastic personality and he even played the piano in the cocktail lounge for a couple of hours....free! He had quite the “sing a long” that night.
    John Carradine, Obnoxious and drunk but to be fair, his wife died a couple of months before I served him. She went to sleep whilst smoking in bed and died in a fire.
    Will Rogers Jr., I met him just about every day for 6 months. He was a heavy drinker who slept on his porch more than in the house. His wife wouldn’t let him in if he had alcohol on his breath.
    Bob King Jr. Drank beer from the time he got up to the time he went to bed. Quite a few times I was asked to play golf with his wife because as he said, he’d fall down if he tried to pick up a 9 iron.

There’s a few more but that’s it for now.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@ Bobby Cole I feel like I should be asking you for an autograph or something. What an interesting life you've led.

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't be ridiculous!!!..the fact is Frank I know more about celebrities than anyone on this forum..., but I'm not going to go into details here. !! . It's easy for people to meet someone for 5 minutes and think they're charming... try working or living with them,...then you get to know the real person!!

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

There is no doubt in my mind that there are many people who have experienced a person as they are in the privacy of their home and sometimes, at work.
    My perspective, for the majority of those I have served, comes from how a celeb treats other people whilst out and about, specifically in a Hospitality setting.
    There were quite a few other celebrities I could have mentioned but the bottom line is that when they start snapping their fingers and putting on airs as though they are of the lineage of some Greek god, I can only imagine what they are like in the privacy of their own home.
    Do Note: And no, I do not put up with idiocy no matter how much cash they spread around nor what class they believe themselves to be nor who they are. When a lady acts like a lady and a gentleman acts like a gentleman they are treated as such and remembered as such but an ass gets sent to the trough and even more remembered.

Note 2. There are certain protocols that have to be acknowledged in some situations. When I served Vice President Agnew, he was a gentleman whereas some of those who accompanied him, were definitely on my uh...doo-doo list but I had to keep my mouth shut.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It’s been interesting to say the least. :)

Bess Barber likes this.
  9. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Holly Saunders
    True enough! I was only "testing the waters". Simmer down! :oops:
    Frank

10. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

New here. Not sure if this thread concerns TV actors one actually knew, or just one's impressions of various TV actors derived from seeing them on TV.

I never cared for Don Rickles. Just because a guy's shtick involved being an insulting a-hole, does not excuse this person's generally hostile vibes that I perceived. Yeah, I've heard he was a real sweetheart, in real life. Great, I still didn't like him

11. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Dear Lord...save me from those "Waltons" re-runs!

Hal