Televangelist Wants Donations For A New Jet. Only $54 Million!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Kitty Carmel, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Well said.

And yes @Ken Anderson you should not have sent that money! :D

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson ...what you say is true...but still do not think Christianity should be about making the almighty dollar as if a commodity.

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In some ways I would like to see the Levitical standard of non-ownership make a reappearance.
    When the people of Israel took possession of the land they were promised, all of the tribes with the exception of the Levite priests were given tracts of land.
    They were “kept” by the people they served and by that I mean that they were given no land or money but were given all of the necessities they needed to live a pretty good life. They didn’t hunt for food nor did they farm nor built homes but were well fed and given homes and treated with an enormous amount of respect and dignity commensurate with their high ranking in society.

I’m not really sure but I believe the Jehovah Witnesses have a similar program for their “pastors” and I know some of the Pentecostal pastors are dearly afraid to obtain any amount of wealth due to a misinterpretation of the camel and the eye of a needle metaphor.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Jeez..I've seen those American televangelists on TV on some deep buried UK satellite channel.. We don't have Christian Evangelists on our Tv or Radio thankfully.. ... Just out of curiosity tho', does anyone know if the USA is the only Western country ( apart from extremist religions)..who give these money grabbing shysters a television platform, in the name of Christianity?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno about the rest of the world, but with very few exceptions, if someone has the bucks for the air time they have a TV show.

Holly Saunders likes this.