Terrible News

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Jake Smith, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you Yvonne it means alot yall being here too. I'm ok just times I can't control are bad, I feel so bad that it is so final. I wonder if Cory knew how final it is? I get so lost in thoughts. I am thankful how much love the family has for each other.
    My sons sisters are taking a flight out Tuesday morning along with a few grown grandkids.
    I wish we could go but Jake and I both high BP and he has flight phobia. Plus my panic attacks. Son said he doesn't want us to worry about it and knows we would come like we did to juniors 30 years ago.
    I'm glad son will have our family with him. And we are so blessed to be able to afford plane since roads are not good for us grandparents like my kids.

2. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Jake and Marie. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you. Prayers and condolences.

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  3. Jessica Morgan

Jessica Morgan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Terrible news. Condolences to you both and your family. May your grandson rest in peace.

4. Leigh Petty

Leigh Petty Active Member
    Registered

I am so sorry for you loss. Thoughts are with you and your family.

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I get messages sometimes. This one is amazing and one of the best!
    Hugs to you and Jake. Wishing you strength.

6. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thank you all, for your kind words and prayers. I'm still trying to deal with it mentally, and really know that it's hardest on our son, especially since it is his second son to lose. We went back and looked over Cory's fb account, and I told Marie, this is really depressing to me, but after seeing that I was on it, communicating with him, as far back as 2015, it kind of made me feel a little better. I haven't been in the mood to post at all, and have been getting up photos for a memorial service, for our son. I've read all your post, and just want everyone to know that your words of kindness, hasn't gone unnoticed. "Thanks", again.

7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Jake and Marie just reading through the post now with tears in my eyes for you.
    I am so sorry you have my deepest sympathies I will pray for you and your family. It's just horrible and I'm at a loss for words.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thank you all again for caring.

I thought I'd put this up about young people playing games and spending so much time online. Cory was one of them and he was known as "The One" playing games because he was so good at it and won lots of money playing them.
    In China they have institutions for youth who play games so much they pass away from dehydration and starvation. They forget to eat and drink. It is a huge problem there, epidemic.
    Our son went to check his open computer and found Corys last post was asking for help for stress. He ask if anyone could help him deal with stress. Son said reading that tore him up and he had to leave.
    I wish I could control anxiety attacks so I could go there.
    Last time I flew I had huge attack and grabbed my suitcases and holding them up accidently hitting pasengers sitting waiting for plane to leave. i screamed out "don't close that door and let me off the plane NOW. So I don't fly. I don't take meds they make me even worse.
    But the dove landing in the middle of our son,his daughter ,ex-wife, grandson and daughters 2 kids plus 4 of them were smoking. Dove landing in the middle of 6 people and cloud of smoke was unreal! The smoke alone should have done it.It has helped us all to know that was a message saying our Cory is ok.
    I know suicide to some is unforgivable sin but if you're not right in your head then not responsible. Way I see it.
    I wonder if he realized how final it was? he wasn't on drugs ,his addiction was gaming not drugs.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Scriptures aren't clear on what the unforgivable sin is, so I wouldn't go there. Rather, I would trust that God is capable of nuance.

10. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Your dove story reminds me of this: My father was a pigeon fancier and after he died, one of the hatchlings survived which was unusual because those birds were so inbred that the eggs never were capable of producing a viable chick. That chick happened to be white much like a dove. We took it as some kind of sign.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Ed, I think some signs are real. Too much of a coincidence for it not to be. Thank you for the story.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

The funeral is going on now in Houston Tx. All 3 of my kids are there. Two daughters and granddaughter flew in yesterday morning.

13. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Talking to our son today, he asked how his mother is holding up; I told him that it's like a roller coaster ride, to where it hits you every now and then, and you don't know what to expect, and that I can't imagine what he is going through.

14. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My condolences to you both.