Terry Is In The Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Terry Page, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

fin.jpg

Picture5.jpg

FlamesBonfireBurning.gif

First one to spot me in my chaotic room, gets to spend a weekend helping me clear it up ;):rolleyes::D

2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Is that the Dorian Grey picture?

Q1: Which do you prefer, the Latin or Cyrillic alphabet? I think Cyrillic is more logical.
    Q2: You are marooned on a desert island, but are allowed a free and constant supply of a single stout or porter of your choice. Which one?

3. Terry Page

Registered

Yes Dorian Grey it could be :rolleyes:

I accept the Cyrillic alphabet is more logical, but not having been taught it, of course it's largely incomprehensible, though I am slowly getting to absorb a lot of words as direct language/images if you understand me. The problem is I am lazy so spend little time in learning another language.

Choosing a porter/stout is a tad difficult, as my tastes change a lot, but I really liked Fullers London porter, when I last had it a year or so ago. I am getting to like the Georgian porter's as well, so may need to change my free supply contract from time to time ;)

2016-03-17_113122.jpg

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

You've done so much in your life it seems.
    Terry, what accomplishment are you most proud of?

5. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Do you like to plan things/trips out in detail or be spontaneous?

6. Terry Page

Registered

I struggle with the word pride Bonnie, because I was taught "pride before a fall", but letting go of that for a moment, I would have to say my two daughters, Caroline and Cathy, are my pride and joy, and have both grown into people who are better in every way than I am or ever could be. They get a lot of their goodness from their mother Pat of course, who I never really appreciated enough until I lost her, I still do miss her in my life, though after over 20 years.

On a material level I am proud of a tearoom I started in a semi derelict train station near Worcester, it's still going strong after some 30 years.

In the therapy field three women who I am still in touch with, say I saved their lives by supporting them in leaving toxic relationships with potentially very dangerous partners. I dispute this as I feel they are themselves responsible, but my ego basks in their praise of course.

7. Terry Page

Registered

Interesting question Bonnie, Lisa usually chooses the places to visit and I book the flights and all the accommodation, which these days is as enjoyable in a way as the actual trip. (to me not Lisa ) I am spontaneous on a daily basis if we decide to go somewhere I am packed and ready in a trice.

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  8. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Is there, anywhere in the world, a piece of documentation more convoluted than the application form for a Russian visa?

9. Terry Page

Registered

I think probably not Tom, though the Indian one was complicated enough if I recall correctly.
    In fact the number and complexity of forms that Lisa has to complete for the simplest of tasks is mind boggling.

Tom Locke likes this.
  10. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Come to think of it, the bewildering amount of bureaucracy I had to go through to see a dentist in Eritrea was something to write about. So I did.

Terry Page likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Terry, I know Lisa will only go somewhere once but where would you like to visit again? What has been your favorite destination?

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Also, I know you've been to the USA, but is it something Lisa would consider for a trip for the two of you?

13. Terry Page

Registered

My favourite destination has always been India which I have regarded as my spiritual home for the past 30 odd years and have been there over 10 times, but recently I felt really at home in Indonesia especially Bali.
    In Europe I would say Romania.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Funny to pick such a poor country as Romania, but I've been there too and it's beautiful countryside.

15. Terry Page

Registered

No Lisa and her daughter have no desire to visit America as a result of propaganda I think, I have many a discussion with Lisa about about the beauty and diversity of American life and culture, and she is slowly softening, but it's a long slow process ;)