Terry Is In The Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Terry Page, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

A movie that is dialogue driven like the "Before series" or a good French drama, I no longer enjoy action movies.
    Books are biographies or memoirs these days, music is my true passion in life I love all genres depending on my mood.

Before Sunrise

2. Terry Page

Registered

Naughty every time Shirley or maybe corrupt a nice one ;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

That is a "Falling in love" movie. Are you a romantic?

4. Terry Page

Registered

Yes though I know now it often ends in tears I always liked the idea of it of falling.....

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Ahhh, but if we never take a chance, we might miss "The dance". A Garth Brooks song. Have you heard it?

6. Terry Page

Registered

I just checked it Shirley, I didn't know it, but yes I agree with the sentiment, a bit like my signature "Life is either a great adventure or nothing Helen Keller"

7. Terry Page

Registered

Yes I agree you have some gorgeous scenery Shirley and I am learning a bit about your geography which is good, I am sure the people must all be nice if they are like you Shirley ;)

635623925885929877-354232182_Fall in the mountains.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Terry Page. I'm bringing this back up because I didn't see your answer and wasn't sure if my question just got lose in all the posts or you haven't gotten around to answering it yet.

9. Terry Page

Registered

Sorry I missed that Babs,................... I have pretty much everything I want or need in life, a little more money is always useful, but I am managing OK, and in times when I have had more money than I need I tend to waste it. :rolleyes:

So first I would like a magic wand to remove all my clutter, and leave me with the essentials I actually need, in a tidy and organised place.
    Second I would wish for my hearing to be restored to that of my youth.
    Thirdly to restore my eyesight to 20/20 vision

Babs Hunt and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

My question is about this sort of thing:

russian.jpg

Are you a fan of Soviet propaganda art? I have to confess that I am. Obviously, I'm not so enthused by what it stands for, but I find the art itself fascinating.

11. Terry Page

Registered

Yes I like some of it though the propaganda messages are as you say galling at times. We went to a local museum of Russian Soviet propaganda a few years ago it was fascinating. There are a lot of mosaics and statues of the same ilk on the Metro system.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tom Locke likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

There is an old communist statues Park in Budapest where they took all the ones that were taken down after the fall of communism.

Tom Locke and Terry Page like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I know you are very liberal in your views in politics and everything else and you probably believe most of the propaganda about Trump, but you know me pretty well. Would you believe that I would vote for someone like Trump if those things were true? Does it make you think about what you know about us as maybe not being true?

Kind of rambling here but you know what I'm trying to get at...I hope.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  14. Terry Page

Registered

Yes my first impression of Trump is as many of my compatriots is that he is a loud mouthed idiot, but I have taken on board what you and a few other members have posted on other threads here, namely that he is playing the media and getting what amounts to free publicity.
    A lot of the outrageous remarks he makes are just for effect, he does not believe a lot of what he says. I did listen to a BBC interview with Barbara Res who oversaw the building of Trump tower in 1980, and was quoted in a recent speech he gave, she gave another view of him see here .

I have also read on here some posts that state that the powers behind the government, who are really in control are disturbed by Trumps popularity and they obviously want a president they can control. I do believe this particular conspiracy theory.

So to end this rambling reply yes I accept that Trump is not what he seems, but also like most if not all politicians he has many faults.

Your politics are a lot different to ours of course, but I doubt at the end of the day that Trump is any worse than the idiot we have in charge of our government. They are I guess really not to blame, being merely puppets who if they don't behave are removed sometimes violently looking back at history.

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Good answer, Terry and kind of helps me in my decision. Thanks.:)

Terry Page likes this.