Texting Abbreviations On Discussion Forums

Discussion in 'Evolution of Language' started by Faye Fox, Sep 8, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Bruce Andrew likes this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It looks like this thread on abbreviations has been abbreviated. :rolleyes:

Beth Gallagher and Bruce Andrew like this.
  3. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Guillotine 2.gif <--- Who?

4. Bruce Andrew

Registered

Well yeah, the OP abandoned it. [​IMG]

OP starts a controversial thread, then abandons it and takes a [​IMG] . [​IMG]

Mary Robi likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

There you go jumping to conclusions. Sure the OP threatened abandonment but knowing the OP is female should have clued you in that this might be a RAP situation. RAP = Rope-a-Dope. If females carried through with all their threats, then the human race would disappear due to males disappearing at an alarming rate. :eek:

I am not canceling this rodeo just because one cowboy broke the barrier. :rolleyes:

Bruce Andrew likes this.
  6. John Brunner

Bobby Cole and Bruce Andrew like this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

So any senior with PTSD, DID, HPD, BPD, or NPD should be coddled by others? There are hundreds more disorders that affect seniors mentally. I bet every member here has some kind of mental issue just from living life for over 50 years. I quit going to our senior center here basically becoming a recluse because of those that expected to be coddled because of some generic initials.

One guy had ADD and was on SSD for life and later at age 65 received a full Veterans Disability. He did spend 4 years in the army (lots of time in the brig) and did get an honorable discharge but only after he was coddled by some army physicist that got him assigned to a duty where he couldn't be a problem. His ADD started because he started drinking heavily and smoking MJ at age 12. He didn't graduate from HS and struggled to get a GED.

His learning disability was all from substance abuse. He couldn't hold a job for long and lived off his folks until he could get SSD. He thought it was just OK to go around groping widow women at the senior center. He tried it once on a married woman and her husband made it clear he didn't mind going to jail or even getting the death penalty if that is what it took to stop this sicko. He tried it on me once and I shoved his head against a brick wall to his surprise. He was taken to the ER for a few stitches. He called the cops and claimed I assaulted him. I made it clear to the cops that it was self-defense and that they should ask around about him. I provided names and they never filed charges and instead apologized to me. They didn't file any charges against him since I couldn't prove it. He later was arrested but released with no charges for groping a minor. She and her parents decided to drop charges because of his condition, a condition caused by his substance abuse and coddling parents.

I am not comparing anyone here to that guy, just trying to make a point. We could all call for special kids' glove treatment, but what kind of forum is that? Many medical forums are plagued with all positive reinforcement and no negativity or controversy is allowed. One medical forum I was on years ago, a lady kept posting all that was wrong with her and how hopeless her life was. She was in a horrible depression. I was warned about a personal attack when I suggested she consider visiting a therapist to help her work through some of her issues she says started from childhood abuse. My suggestion was considered a personal attack, me inferring she was mentally ill, so I left that useless forum.

Anyway back to initials used in texting. One of my FAV FNs, GD of my BBF, printed up the most commonly used ones for me, but I never referred to it. I just use my old abbreviation initials from my CW days. I even make up a few. Imagine that! :D

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    Bruce Andrew likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

DBTA, DBTEA, and PWWO.

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes; how shocking. :p

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yeah, because what could possibly be more controversial than abbreviations. :gasp: So much pearl-clutching, so little time. :D

Ruby Begonia and Bruce Andrew like this.
  11. John Brunner

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'll just leave this here for future reference. KWIM?

download (100).jpeg

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  13. Bruce Andrew

Registered

[​IMG]

Jumping to conclusions.jpg

14. Bruce Andrew

Registered

[​IMG]

So please set me straight: Do you -- or do you not -- like getting groped by old men? [​IMG]

15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

So any senior with PTSD, DID, HPD, BPD, or NPD should be coddled by others?

Not coddled but certainly not kicked around for something they can't help. Would you attack someone with a physical problem?

There are hundreds more disorders that affect seniors mentally. I bet every member here has some kind of mental issue just from living life for over 50 years.

Do you?

I quit going to our senior center here basically becoming a recluse because of those that expected to be coddled because of some generic initials.