The Best Geetar Players

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dwight Ward, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yup. Dad liked his guitar and uke, stepmom played classical piano, little brother plays the bass and half brother plays the trumpet.
    I used to play but now play at 14 instruments most of which include the woodwinds with some brass thrown in.

Again, it’s one of those “dunno” kind of things because each genre of music has it’s own attributes especially when we’re dealing with guitarists.
    I have a little Andreas Segovia and think he’s fantastic but Albert Collins is quite good too but in a whole different realm.
    As I wrote before, there are a lot of guitarists I enjoy listening to but most of them are considered jazz artists with none I can honestly say that he or she is my most favorite.

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

How nice it is to grow up in a family of music. We were fortunate, Imo.
    I do understand how hard it is to pick just one or so. So many are good.
    Kids today don't pick up instruments like our generation did.
    I like all music and according to the sound like the solo's, Bakers Street being one of my favorites for the horn. And many guitarists I liked but not real long solos of any instrument.

Bobby Cole and Jake Smith like this.
  3. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Carlos Santana
    Eddie Van Halen
    Bonnie Raitt

4. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you, Faye. I'm learning things from others' opinions. Jeez, I hate that because I'm supposed to already know it all. I'll follow up on these guys.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Andres Segovia is considered the top master of classical guitar having taken it from bodegas to the concert stage and orchestra. Personally, I find his playing cold as compared to the masters Julian Bream, Liona Boyd, or Christopher Parkening all of which have more warmth.

Other favorites of mine are Charo and Jose Feliciano both of which studied with Segovia and used their studies to develop their own styles.

Bobby Cole likes this.