The Minneapolis Scene

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Hal Pollner, May 29, 2020.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Unless they over charge, there won't be much of a defense. Clearly 3rd degree murder. If they go for anything higher there will be a defense and the case might be lost. The family wants 1st degree murder.

Minnesota guidelines.
    "Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years."

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't know which 48 Hours you've watched, but the ones wife and I have watched, the homicides were done by blacks in Cleveland and Miami.

Patsy, until you, or anyone, really hears/reads the true facts, from a court of law, it just can't be said "did not" commit.

Wife and I are very, very pro-law enforcement and know how much crap law enforcement officers go thru at any given time. Heck, I even done a topic, on this forum, about "Being In Law Enforcement Today" and many of us said "we'd never be in that career today due to how they are treated".

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Only a court-of-law can determine "clearly 3rd degree murder". No matter what we see in a video, we can't come to that conclusion! Actually, I've seen other officers, in other departments, use the same "knee" restraint on a suspect. Remember, Floyd was arrested for a reason.

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd suggest that she watched the sam 48 hours as you but doesn't quite have the knack of finding black in everything.

Beth Gallagher and Patsy Faye like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We don't look for "black" in everything, although we did move to a part of Colorado that is less than 1% black population. Actually, it's .5% here, whereas in Jacksonville, FL, it was 30% that race and plenty of crime in certain areas of that city.

Then again, there are no protests/riots going on in Wyoming, Montana, North/South Dakota due to what happened. The only protests there are those about the virus.

6. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I would guess that this guy is probably an undercover cop gathering intelligence.

Beth Gallagher and Nancy Hart like this.
  7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Good point. Thanks.

8. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

You are kidding me Cody, That cop is a psychopath. His face showed nothing but boredom and absolutely no emotion as he KILLED that man in cold blood. For an ALLEGEDLY counterfeit bill? One he probably was no more aware of than any other bill in his wallet. You being a "badge bunny" is not going to help the problem. Law enforcement is totally out of control in this country. Qualified immunity needs to be done away with, yesterday. Every time an officer shoots kills injures or violates civil rights he needs to be charged. If he is innocent and has acted properly, he will be acquitted. Us civilians are supposed to trust the criminal justice system, cops should also be willing to submit to it, if it is so trustworthy.
    Never met a cop that ever made anything better!

Tom Galty and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

So, your last sentence tells about you/your opinion about law enforcement?? If you ever needed an officer and they didn't show up?
    Anyway, only your opinion! Would like to hear the Defense of this officer from a lawyer's standpoint.

Anyway, if the officer was such a "psychopath", as you say, he wouldn't be on the Force. But, since his Superiors, including the Chief of Police, kept on the Force, would also say something about them.

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Then you need to be 'focused' when watching these programmes, attention to detail is key and any decent juror would be
    focused - no talking whilst watching Cody, full attention is required to come to a just conclusion.
    This is what I do every time and I have a clear and open mind. I do not assume that the law is just and right in every case

Tom Galty likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, for one thing, we are not nearly as open-minded as many are. There are multiple things we don't believe in.

Anyway, the only program we have watch like 48 Hours, is, 48 Hours. And, each and every time we've watch it, a black guy has been charged with murder. And, as already stated, the investigating was done by both black and white homicide detectives in Cleveland and Miami.

Simply don't know how much clearer I can make this, Patsy.

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

You make yourself very clear Cody

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I doubt seriously if the officer will see a day in court after he makes a plea bargain with the D.A.
    If he doesn’t, he will go to court and if he loses he’ll be placed in prison population at which time he will be executed by other prisoners. Even if he only got a year or two, he’d only make it about 2 or 3 days. If by some miracle he was cut loose, he wouldn’t make it out of town.

A plea deal will at least get him however many years in isolation which I am sure, has already been presented and he is thinking about.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Minnesota has long voted for Democrat candidates, and Minneapolis is one of the more liberal cities in Minnesota.

Chris Ladewig likes this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It seems that the problem is the democrat controlled cites they are the ones who start all the problems. Trying to cause racial uprising. Who else is funding these groups in the lead. The pandemic is dying so they have to start something else to keep the news off what is important. Remember an old friend that quoted.

ScreenShot_20200529140739.png