The Minneapolis Scene

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Hal Pollner, May 29, 2020.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I bought a small gadget from Amazon - inexpensive, but I now know if a note is genuine - don't want to go through that
    experience again

Tom Galty likes this.
  2. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Once again police murder is rampant in this nation. Outrage over uniformed jackboot thugs killing injuring,violating rights and just generally being over the top,knows no geographical boundaries.
    What is going to get the attention of the powers that are SUPPOSED to control these quasi military criminals who routinely violate their oath of office

POLICE THE POLICE

3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Where is the outrage when a kid is killed in a crossfire by two rival gangs in a black neighborhood in Chicago, and the cops they hate have to go in and clean up the mess?

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Peter, you seem very anti-law enforcement! A retired FBI Supervisor-Agent stated that "at least 90% of black killings by officers is justified." From the stats that I've seen, that's very true.

See, there are many that condemn law enforcement, but if you really needed an officer, and they didn't com, then you'd be mad at that.

Just try being an officer in a high crime area and see how you handle a suspect who wants to kill you and/or resists arrest.

Oh well, to each their own (in thinking).

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, by the way, guess many are forgetting, or don't care, about all of the law enforcement officers that have been killed in the line-of-duty. Officer's being executed while sitting in a restaurant or vehicle. Naw, no one wants to talk about that.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here's a graph from Statista on this subject. I provided Totals per Year under each year:

Statista graph.png

In the aggregate, that's 1/1000th of a percent of the total population, and is likely centered around a few high crime areas (and a handful of police departments) where citizen-on-citizen killing eclipse these figures and cause it to be a war zone, but that's purely an assumption on my part.

I hesitate to post this, because my intent is not to start a discussion around race.

I did some math a year or two ago to counter the "15% of population/50% of criminals" mantra. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I looked at the number violent crimes committed by race, and then extrapolated the number of law-abiding citizens. The percentages of honest citizens by race are (of course) extremely close to each other. There are a few violent young black men (for whatever reason) skewing the stats. It's not "15% of the population" blah blah blah. It's closer to a fraction of a percent of the population. That applies to everyone.

That cannot get lost in the conversation, or in any conversation.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

The above photo, that I put on, is showing a black protester giving a "hand bunt" to a white Arkansas officer. The officer is glad to see this peaceful protester!

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The way to prevent this protesting/rioting/looting/property destruction from ever happening again is to pass a Federal Law making it a Criminal Offense for any member of Law Enforcement to handcuff any Afro-American suspect for any reason.

Hal

10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

"Why can't we all just get along?"

"Don't Shoot!"

"Black Lives Matter!"

"I Can't Breathe!"

Hal

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno what city it is but I just saw a video of a guy trying, [in broad daylight], to get on a city bus with an ATM machine. He argued with the bus driver for a moment then the bus driver shut the doors and drove off leaving the criminal to drag his score down the sidewalk.

12. Peter Renfro

Registered

Why are there any? One person of any color killed without reason by the police is to many

13. Peter Renfro

Registered

Your point is?

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Those stats are not "killed without reason." That 1/1000th of a percent include shootouts.

And let's include every American...no more class warfare. Disunity prevents resolution...that's what class warfare is for.

Besides, there is no "the police," any more than there's an "all black people" or an "all white people" or "all women" or "all men." What the cops in Chicago do has no reflection on my county sheriff's office, the exact same as the actions of one person having nothing to do with everyone else of his or her demographics. In fact, what one cop does in Minneapolis has nothing to do with the rest of the cops in Minneapolis.

15. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered