The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Beth, don't get mad at me for telling about it! It was sort of a "Pit" time when my SIL told us about her friend's death, but what I said actually happened. If you want to get mad at anyone, get mad at the ladies family for asking about the money in her Will.

The people I have compassion about are ones like yourself, that get help and take care of themselves. It can be very hard for many, many people to have/show compassion for someone who does take care of themselves, as in seeing a doctor, getting/taking meds. or whatever. They can be very angry that this/these health problems happened, but when they absolutely refuse help, what can be said???

If someone doesn't want help, just what do you do as a friend? The friend wouldn't even talk to my SIL on the phone!! So, don't get mad at me for telling the story.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Now, Beth, let's calm this whole thing down. You have your feelings about "compassion" and I have mine.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

:rolleyes: And I'm done with this. You'll never change your sanctimonious attitude.

Al Amoling likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, you'll never stop nagging me about the way I am. But, then again, you have already told me that that wouldn't happen. LOL

Well, I can see the "Ignore" thing happening to me. But, that's ok, wouldn't be the first time that's happened to me on this forum.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Perhaps this is the reason my wife tells me she'd rather not have me on this forum. Sometimes, just too much disagreement and name-calling. Then again, both of those are just a part of a public forum...........but, between Seniors???? LOL

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, but was this incident a Peak or Pit of your day? I fail to see either of these in your post .

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

A "pit". We knew her also. In a previous post I stated that she was at our wedding/reception and our 1st wedding anniversary party. Basically, the only things I knew about her, being told to me by my wife and her sister, is that she had never been married and had no kids. She was a special education teacher, like my SIL was.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Peak the stay of GD turned out quiet for once. She is such and on odd acting kiddo at times. The last few days have been busy and yet boring. No real Pits to report so far :)

9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

So :mad::mad:Long story short..no one will replace one lens ! Brand new frames from last year, but they are forcing us to get a whole set of glasses! Not a insurance company, issue, because they will not even let us order one lens and us pay out of pocket.
    Then I was tryin to set up portal at insurance company, and no matter how many times I entered a password- would not take it..not even after 9 times!:mad: Momma is not happy:(

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had an issue a few months ago where the right lens got damaged. I had insurance on them as part of the purchase price (had bought them less than a year earlier) and they made a replacement set. The whole cost was covered, but the company that made the original lenses for me and who was going to eat the cost of replacement could not make just one lens.

The lenses got shipped to my optometrist so they could install them in my frames. They gave me the extra left lens to hold on to in case something happened to the left one I'm wearing...their office can swap it out of the frame for me if need be. It's just the manufacturing side that seems to only have the capacity to make lenses in pairs.

The original lenses were made for frames I already owned.

ps: That whole industry stinks.

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

• PIT......have been trying for 3 days to regain access to my credit card online but so far no luck. I'm convinced there a system bug but they won't admit it.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The scary thing is they may have been hacked and are now working to remedy the issues created. You MAY find out in 6 months or so.

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@ Al Amoling... I received a letter from a Health Solutions informing me of hacks to some medical business back in October 2020 and that all my personal info may have been stolen. It was recommended I contact each credit agency and freeze my accounts or have them monitored. I did not need all that ,as it was not the first time that happened and surely would know by now if any problems. But went to Transunion - rats have to create acct. and use another password. Get all set up thinking I would just see my credit history and s core. Wrong, that signed me up for monthly monitoring for $24.99 which by then had already been deducted from our acct. I put in a cancellation right then , but no cannot be cancelled now until 7-28. So am paying for a month of something I did not want.
    Not going to bother with the other two. Maddening to say the least.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Had chemo number 15 today.
    Peak: I'm still upright but fading fast.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

go rest up ;)