The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The positive aspect might be that you can make them and not have to run out and buy them.
    People in India are starving because they do not know how to make apple squares.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeh, well, I don't know how to make tandoori chicken, so we're even.

My 1st World Problem is that @Beth Gallagher and I were on another forum and she recommended a Breville convection oven. I was satisfying a backlog of appliance desires because COVID shut down my local restaurants and I still had The Need to Feed. Now that I have the thing, I'm routinely making stuff like these bars that I would never have fired up my full-size oven to make. It even fits a 13" pizza pan/stone. It's a really nice appliance.

I've used it to make lemon curd bars with homemade shortbread. You put them in the freezer yet they don't get hard...they just get chilly. Soooo good. Soooo fattening.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So at this point, have we managed to find a sort of peak or are you still burdened with the pits?

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  4. John Brunner

I'm self-flagellating until they cool and I take the first bite. Then I'll Peak.

Tony Page likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

TMI. :D

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit-- stuck in my comfy chair resting my back, Miss shopping for the family and working in the yard
    PEAK-- reading about John making apple squares and the responses.
    While reading about apple squares a slang word pop in my head, that I haven't heard or thought of for many years. Here it is in a statement--- You're a real "Square". I wonder if it's still used?

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  7. John Brunner

I'm glad my middle-class treats and fellow smart-alecks were a Peak for you, Tony.

It's funny, when I get "old man judgemental" regarding contemporary language, all I gotta think about are "squares," "Daddy-O," "skin me," right on," etc. and then I get more judgemental I lighten up.

Tony Page likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Somedays your better off just not getting out of bed.
    Yesterday when I went to get my first cup of coffee, I noticed it was very weak looking and cold. Um, really, just bought this one in March. Seems the side button was turned off. It is a Bunn coffeemaker. Rats. Ok fixed that issue.
    I am still wrestling with the new phone, trying to set it up for my use. This is always a aggravating thing for me even on a good day. So in my head making note of going back to MPCS and having the guy there help me. Loads of U Tube has not helped.
    I also have to pick up a medicine for Mark that I was unware had been filled.
    I will skip all the other small irritating little things that went wrong during the day. Hubby left to go tend to daughters dogs. So I ready myself to go back to phone store and pharmacy .
    In my old Ford Focus about to pull out of my handi capped space when i hit something. Dammit a car. It was hardly noticeable the bump sound. I get out and see what looked like a large dent in the rear bumper rim (over the tire) in a shiny bright red 2 door car.
    The very young, no facial hair boy is smiling at me as I apologized I clearly did not see him behind me . i am asking him questions, and he is answering me in Spanish. Great, just lovely.
    He does not seem upset, and his hand gestures leave me to believe , there is no problem.
    Um, ooh ok. He gets in his car and drives to back of the apt. garages, parks, and goes back to his apt.
    I am of course conjuring up all sort of what could become of this in my head. But decide to go to pharmacy and then just come home. I had enough of everything going wrong for the day.
    Get there pull into the drive thru window - they are closed for lunch.:mad:i am ranting out loud to myself in the car like a crazy person on my way home.
    It is 2 in the afternoon and I find the bottle of Gentlemen Jack and have me self a snort. off comes the bra and shoes. For me the day is over. Did I mention I spent the early morning hours arguing with Frontier over a $9 dollar late fee charge? It is paid by the bank every month same time, was not late. Oh but wait ,I do not have the pin nbr to discuss this with them.
    Point being there is just somedays your better off staying in bed, or at least staying home.
    I may test the waters today see if i can pick up that RX whiteout incident :D

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Not able to take our boat out this weekend. However, we never take it out on a holiday weekend anyway. Actually, Saturday night I had somewhat of a "horror" dream, that I had to wake myself up out of. I sort of thought the dream was telling me something about "not" taking the boat out on Sunday. I told my wife about the dream and she totally agreed, "nope, not taking it out". So, will now shoot for this coming Saturday AM. It's a must that we get it out on the water before our winter starts!

Peak: SIL's (wife's sister) granddaughter is moving in with her while she is attending college not to far from where SIL lives. It's somewhat of a drive from where the granddaughter lives, with her parents, to the college, so staying with her grandmother will definitely help. This also helps my wife's sister, being that she can get lonely in her condo by herself. Her husband passed a number of years ago. We are extremely glad the granddaughter is staying with my wife's sister and not driving the long distance.

Tony Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I got something! :D

Pit:
    Looks like I broke a toe. A long time ago, but just noticed. The last joint before the nail on #2 is fused. I stub toes so often I've quit worrying about whether one breaks, because they never have that I know of, until now. I think the difference this time was it didn't hurt enough.

Peak:
    I read about Big Toe Joint Fusion Surgery, for arthritic toes. Remove and fuse the joint, solve the problem. If I ever get arthritis in the toes I've got one toe done already for free. Plus, it has fused in a flatter position. It actually looks better than the others, except the tip turns ever so slightly outward ( toe-out? ;) )

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, the peak was baking a sour cherry pie yesterday and the pit was finding one.

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Peak: . Found the first cicada today ! Clinging to the underside of the railing of the deck. [​IMG]

(This far south, it is more likely to be a 13 year cicada?)

MAP

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Going to skip all the other pits for this day so far, and go to the main one. I have had a jambalaya recipe I have wanted to make forever. I even went and bought the few things I did not have this morning. It is a crock pot cook and calls for 2 cups of rice. I mix all the ingredients in the pot, then add the cooked rice. Dang it .. rice is for on the side ! Now i fear it will be too dry. Makes me mad and sick at the same time. This is one of those- everything I touch turns to poop days:(:rolleyes:

Tony Page, Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Just add broth and call it gumbalaya :)

Frank Sanoica and Tony Page like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

lolo well I did add more chicken broth..we shall see.

Tony Page and Faye Fox like this.