The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The pit was getting the results of my visit to the eye doctor and finding that my field of vision has got smaller since my last visit.

The peak was a visit from my nineteen year old adopted granddaughter with her five year old daughter and gorgeous two month old twin daughters.

2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Similar product I thought you'd find it interesting I found these in the dollar store we tried them they're very good, different.

20211002_165117.jpg

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yuk.. sorry

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So you don't like day-glo orange food products being sold by a cheetah in sunglasses????

5. John Brunner

The pit was when--for some reason--I crashed at 1PM and did not get up until 4PM. And I had horrible dreams. It's been gloomy and overcast for over a week here. Maybe it caught up to me. It just feels like a Sunday.

The peak was when--for some reason--I decided to look up the Red Robin in Charlottesville that got shut down from the combination of COVID and Dead Mall Syndrome, and discovered that they have opened back up! The main website posts job openings at that location so it seems to be real, but I could not get a human being to answer the phone to verify it. I love their wings & onion rings.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit--- making button , sitting on pins and needles, fit my mood earlier today. About a week ago my wife found a lump between her breast and armpit. The Closer it got to her 2:30 appointment with the doctor, the more nervous I got. To Take my mind off of things I did a rare shopping outing to BJ's early today. Tonight I feel the after-effects all that walking today a lot of pain in my back and side.

Peak--- the doctor felt certain my wife's lump was not a cancerous tumor but rather a fibroid cyst. She will have test done this week to verify what it is. Sorry I forgot the names of the tests.
    Felt good to get out, the pain will reduce eventually.

7. John Brunner

What a roller coaster!!! I went through this with a woman I was dating. She had a needle biopsy done just to be sure, and all was fine. All that stress does not help your muscles relax, but you already knew that. But what are you gonna do? I'm glad you got out and walked some of it off.

Frank Sanoica and Tony Page like this.
  8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

For me getting out to shop it's like hitting a homerun in the World Series I just love it. I've always done all the shopping Christmas gifts, food shopping birthday gift you name it I did it.
    I used to pride myself in knowing the prices of Foods in the grocery store and which store has the best price for an item.

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My best wishes for a good outcome for your wife, Tony. I know how nerve-racking waiting on medical tests can be. She's likely going to have a needle biopsy and maybe an MRI or ultrasound. Let us know what happens, and try not to worry until you have to.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks I'm actually feeling a little more confident tonight.

Frank Sanoica and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I have eaten Cheetos. I do like them even though they are the worse of junk food. But Mac and Cheese flavored- ick.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Pit, finding out our financial resources have ended and now trying to decided what is next.
    Peak,i am alive- in some pain, but alive and better than most my age. Waiting to see how much more F%#%#$% up the world can become today - :D:D

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The peak is getting on the motorcycle and riding out on a beautiful morning and letting the sensory input and required situational awareness drown out (to some greater or lesser extent), the aches, pains and worries that might otherwise creep into my mind. The pit is having to stop riding and do chores or other unpleasant things.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@John West I climbed out of one of the cores pits by hiring someone come in to do all the cleaning once a week.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

A Pit kind of day. First I realized today what a stupid woman I have been the last three years.
    And it has been costly. Sorry not giving the reason, but trust me I am kicking myself bigtime.
    Then today found out that Radar the Wonder dog has a fast growing tumor in his tail, along with his numerous allergies .Do not have over $1200 dollars to have removed.:( It cost at least $250 just to see what type of tumor it is. :( We can no longer cover these types of situations. So, for now he is still himself, but how long that will last is hard to say. ;).. Sorry a bit of a pity party today.