The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Wow, that is a really disappointing day, @Gloria Mitchell , hoping that things get better for you soon, and that Radar will be okay.
    Are you going to have to move, or did that get respolved with the noisy upstairs neighbors ?
    Sending hugs and prayers your way, my friend.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Yvonne. No response from manager, never heard back from corporate. Not surprised either. We will get notice in November either sign a new lease - with large price increase or ask for notice to move out. We have to stay here, no money to move, and no place to move within 50 miles or more that is even cheaper. Somehow it will work out - lolol not sure how but it has to.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Well, this is not actually a pit of my day, but it is definitely not a peak either. Here is what happened….
    Our neighbor came by and brought us a whole box of fresh greens…..kale, cabbage, collards, etc. Since I was having my evening kefir smoothie, I decided to just add in some fresh kale and make it an even healthier green smoothie.
    Turns out that the pretty, bright green kale was actually mustard greens ! Now, I am slowly trying to finish my smoothie, which tastes like it was laced heavily with horseradish.
    Next time, I am for sure tasting the greens before adding them into the green smoothie !

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Those mustard greens sound good...in the right dish...but I gotta agree that being in a drink is not the first thing that comes to mind as a use for them. I've mentioned that black mustard seed sprouts taste like horseradish. It's so very interesting...

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Down south grown in red clay soil they will also clear out your sinuses when cooking them.
    Worst time lately is the mornings best time early afternoon.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

PIT---- a short time ago my wife detected a lump between armpit and her breast on the left side. She had an ultrasound test last week that found another lump deep inside her left breasts. The reports of that test indicate that at least one lump is cancerous.
    She went for a mammogram and it confirmed the findings of the ultrasound.She is scheduled for a biopsy on Wednesday. The Test indicate that one of the lumps is a rad 5, which we understand means sufficiently significant or 95% that it is cancerous.
    She is extremely worried right now and understandably difficult at times, I know as soon as she is giving a path to fight this disease, she will fight.
    My head isn't too clear I have a million things going through it right now. I just want to give her support and confidence.
    PEAK---- Her other breast the right side was found to be clear of any lumps. We still have hope that the biopsy will be negative.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh my goodness, Tony... I'm so sorry to hear this and hold out hope that she will be in that 5% benign group. BIRADS 5 is a pretty strong indicator, however. :( Just remember that BC is not a death sentence, though treatment is rough. It will be a challenge for both of you so I'm hoping for the best possible outcome for her. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Prayers sent for the both of you, buddy.

Tony Page likes this.
  9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you, we are both gearing up for the oncoming fight

10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you we really appreciate it

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I know you are both feeling anxious and scared right now, Tony. It's a horrible time waiting for test results and wondering what the future holds. Once you have the definitive diagnosis, and if it is cancer, having the treatment plan in place is somehow calming. If she has an early-stage diagnosis the treatment won't be so terrible, so hang in there.

How are you feeling these days? I hope you have managed to find some pain relief.

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tony Page prayers and hugs for you and family.
    Keep us posted !

Tony Page likes this.
  13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

It's been frustrating for me, with my back and hip pain my family doesn't want me to drive, fortunately my daughter's been available to take her for the testing.
    I know I have to get to a doctor but in the meantime I found exercises online that I've been trying they seem to help, But it doesn't last long.
    I have driven twice in the last few weeks without any problems or incident, so I don't think driving would be a problem for me. I have more of a problem walking and sitting for any length of time.

14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you so much, I will update.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm so sorry that you are still having such pain, but what a blessing to have your daughter who is willing and able to help you. Having a caring family helps us through the difficult times.

Hedi Mitchell and Tony Page like this.