The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit-----
    I mentioned that I would update SOC on my wife's condition.
    it's a gloomy day outside today on Long Island, it's also gloomy inside.
    My wife's biopsy did not turn out good. Both lumps detected by the ultrasound are cancerous. She has stage 4 cancer, and will have a PET scan this coming Friday to see if it's spread elsewhere. She has a meeting with oncologist after that on the 10th.
    She is holding up pretty well considering, and is looking forward to get the treatment started.
    As for me I guess I'm lost I cannot picture my life without her, this January Would mark our 57 Wedding Anniversary.
    I want to go to the grocery store to get greens, fruits, vegetables and all the things they say are good to fight this, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow.
    Peak---- we're still here the sun will have to come out sometime

Faye Fox, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Tony I am so very sorry to hear this. In my prayers for you both, and family. Keep us posted we are even if you just want to rant.

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you, right now my head is all over the place.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh my goodness, it is a sad day for SoC. First Lon Tanner's passing and now this; I am so very sorry to hear this, Tony.

Please don't get ahead of yourself... there are many treatments now that can greatly extend life expectancy for Stage 4 patients. You may have many good years ahead with your precious wife, so think positive. Once her treatment plan is established and started, things will level off and it won't be such an emotional rollercoaster.

Typically Stage 4 means that the cancer has already metastasized to another area (outside the "local" occurrence in the breast and axillary nodes). Those locations will determine the course of treatment, which sometimes is no treatment at all; just monitoring the area(s) for changes.

I will hold you both in my thoughts and send virtual hugs to your family. Believe me, I know every feeling you are having right now.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sending prayers for you and your wife and your family, @Tony Page . Hoping to hear good news once she starts treatment, and I agree that eating wholesome foods is always a good idea.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We're all pulling for your wife and for you through this, Tony.

Bobby Cole, Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry to hear about Lon Tanner this is the first I'm hearing about him passing.
    Thank you for explaining some of the things that I really wasn't sure about.
    We are a little impatient waiting for a treatment plan and looking forward to do what's necessary.

8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

John,
    Thank you, you & the nice people at SOC have gave me some light to an otherwise gloomy day.

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you, we heard that Kale is a good green for her condition, we've never made it so we plan on looking for recipes.

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

If you have any questions about treatment or diagnosis, feel free to ask, Tony. If you don't want to discuss in the open forum you are welcome to send me a PM. I know your head is reeling and you feel like you've stepped off into the abyss right now, but things will get better.

11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you, I will take you up on your offer I'm sure. Funny thing is we're trying to act like it's just a normal everyday, but it's not, things are rattling around in our head, or it's just the worry. All in all it's been bearable.

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear this news, Tony. Cancer is a very hard word to hear and time drags while waiting to see doctors. Good food and vitamins never hurt as they will help strengthen her for treatment. It was recommended to me by my Oncologist to drink the Organic all veggie 20% protein drink every morning and night for 30 days prior to surgery or any cancer treatment. It made sense to me and has really worked out for me and I still continue to drink one every morning on rising and one in the afternoon.

Dealing with the stress of such a diagnosis is a hard thing and everyone has their own way of dealing with it. There is no right or wrong way. I am sending hugs, optimism, and my best wishes.

13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

That's a great idea, we have a local store called Sherry's that carry holistic and health foods. I'll check for a veggie drink.
    Thanks

Faye Fox likes this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Tony Page They are much cheaper buying from Costco or Amazon. My doc recommended this special one because it was formulated by an MD that battled and beat cancer himself. The beef-based one is probably just as good but I opted for the all veggie. You can order direct. Vegan Protein Shake | Plant-Based Protein| Orgain

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    Tony Page likes this.
  15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you for the link, I will definitely get it for her.