The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you it's appreciated.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Tony--I'm so sorry to hear of all the things your family is going through, especially your wife. Bless her, she has had more than her share of medical issues and I am hopeful that she will have an easy time with treatment.

I hope the grandchildren, your son-in-law, and you will all recover soon so that you can enjoy the holidays and relax a bit. I imagine your daughter is quite frazzled these days. My very best wishes to you all.

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

When the Pit becomes the Peak
    Pit
    Making today a Pitless day.
    Peak
    I'm feeling back to normal the new antibiotic really work well, took my last pill tonight.
    My wife had her third chemo treatment earlier, which included an exam by her oncologist. At first she had a hard time finding the nodes in her breast, doc said they were soft and much smaller. The chemo seems to be working.
    My three grandkids are over the stomach bug headed back to the normal active selves.
    My son-in-law still in the hospital but doing much better.
    I'm happy things are looking up.

4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit
    I've been chomping at the bit to get outside and do some yard work. Within five minutes I fell and I couldn't get up I didn't have my cane, had to call for help. I patched up my scuffs and scrapes, but my body feels like a toothache.

Peak
    Got my first order from the Walmart grocery delivery service. I gave them five stars everything was packed carefully, they selected really good cuts of meat for me, and they were fairly close to the expected delivery time.

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit
    My son-in-law Tom who has covid and MS was released from the hospital on Tuesday after being treated for Covid. We felt because of his weakened condition from MS he should have stayed a little longer. His fever had dropped so they released him. They said a Nurse & physical therapist would be visiting daily. After 2 days No nurse, no PC, his condition was worsening. My daughter called his neurologist, she said he should have stayed in the hospital at least a week or two days with no temperature. My daughter was frantic cuz she's been trying for two days to reach the home service no phone number seem to have a body on the other end. We finally found the number to reach home care.
    Unfortunately it was too late, this morning they rushed my Son-in-law back to the hospital with 103.4 fever.
    My wife has been crying because we're helpless, we want to be there for our daughter, but because of the covid exposure we can't risk it.

Peak
    None yet today

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm glad to hear that your wife is doing well with chemo, Tony. Did the oncologist order a scan of the nodes or just feel them?

Glad the antibiotic worked for you but sorry about your tumble in the yard... yikes! I hope you're not too sore from that.

And I'm really sorry to hear about your SIL's re-hospitalization. I hope they let him recover well enough before discharging him again.

Tony Page likes this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

She just checked the nodes out by feel, they will be further scans we just don't know when.
    Still feeling the aches from the fall but they getting less each day.
    Hoping my son-in-law catches a break, he's had the vaccine, when you're in a weakened state from MS it may not be that effective.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I have to wonder about the doctor saying the nodes 'feel' softer and smaller. Seems to me it would be impossible to remember what they "felt like" weeks (and many patients) ago, but I'm a cynic. :D I'm so glad your wife is doing well.

I hate that you're achy from that fall but glad it's getting better. Be careful out there! Let us know how your SIL does; I'm hoping the best for him and all of your family.

Hedi Mitchell and Tony Page like this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Man, @Tony Page you and yours are having a hard time in every direction. I surely hope things get better for you!

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tony Page - am far far cry from a religious person, but I have offered up a prayer for you today in hopes you and your family can find some relief and peace.

11. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

It's rainy and windy today with bad thunderstorms predicted:

The pit of my day: I won't be taking the 2 and 5-year-olds to Legoland today as planned.

The peak of my day: I won't be taking the 2 and 5-year-olds to Legoland today as planned.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife and I really laughed on this one!

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Shaking my head... One daughter called this morning and she has announced she is coming tomorrow and asked what were we eating . Um nothing special had not planned on doing anything. She is single and no kids so just her, but has requested :rolleyes: rib eyes to which she offered to pay for. Hubby goes buys the last two rib roasts in order for him ot cut rib eyes.
    In the meantime hubby goes to our smaller stand alone freezer to get an ice cream, Um, it is melted, oh wait everything in the freezer is thawed out. Cold but thawed out. No ice crystals just cold water in the bottom.:mad::(
    Roasts, ,pork ,chickens all bought on sale over last few weeks. Looks like we will have shrimp with our steaks tomorrow. I cooked all the hamburger and if dog does not get sick or die, I guess it is salvaged. Ditched the fries , leftover dressing and frozen broccoli flowerets . However in putting the broccoli in disposal, became backed up big time. The maintaince is on his way.:( My kitchen is a wreck and i am not a happy camper.
    The surge protector to the freezer is suppose to be culprit. Last one at Lowes-- $40.00
    Guess i better stop and go fill up the crock pot with something that may still be good. ;)
    Merry Christmas to us:rolleyes::(:confused::D

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Peak: It's Christmas!!!!!! Even though I'm by myself and it's sort of just another day, there is always a special feel to it. You can "just tell." And I always enjoy watching Christmas Mass from the Vatican. The narrator/English translator always does such a fine job.

Pit: I gotta wait anther year for it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It has been a good day for me. My daughter was flying back home from the Netherlands today, and with the Flight Aware and Find Friends iPad apps, I was able to “watch” as she flew across the ocean. Normally, the Find Friends app would not have found her on an airplane, but since they have onboard Wifi, it showed where she was at, most of the way here.

This is just after she flew below Greenland and was starting to be over Canada.

2272F238-975A-4F93-BDB5-37A663EDDD61.jpeg