The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We truly live in miraculous times.

So has she arrived yet? How long is her flight? I don't see a time hack on that "just hit North America" graphic.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I am not sure when she left Amsterdam. It was during the night (Christmas Eve ) for me, but it was around 4 yesterday afternoon when she landed in huntsville. It looks like about 12 hours altogether, I think, plus layovers.
    She went right home to catch up on sleep, but we should see her today once she wakes up again.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Pit: I was in Walmart picking up stuff to make Mexican tonight and I needed 12 ounces of white cheddar, which is only available at the deli counter. I told the girl what I wanted, and she said I had to tell her how much I needed in pounds....1/4 pound, 1/2 pound, etc. The scale displays decimals. At least she can do that conversion...I think.

Peak: There is a woman (likely pushing 80) who works there that I joke around with. During Easter she wears rabbit ears, and she told me she could not wear them now because Santa does not like rabbits. I said I'd help her apply for a religious exemption (she laughed.) So I was picking up COVID-relief supplies to have on hand and was chatting about it, and she replied "The only reason they tell you that stuff works is to kill more of us." That's two people in the past few days who seem to be dialed in.

4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit
    In the middle of December my three grandchildren had stomach viruses, got better went back to school until the Christmas break. This past Sunday the eldest 7 year old was vomiting and felt sick Monday my daughter calls the doctor Who says if he's not feeling better by Wednesday to call him again. He was still sick this morning so she took him to see the doctor after checking him out and running some covid test they sent him home. The Quick covid Test when negative, he wasn't home 15 minutes when the doctor called to rush him to emergency he possibly has meningitis.
    Needless to say we're on pins and needles here I'm really very worried.

Peak
    My son-in-law who's been in the hospital with covid maybe coming home in couple of days.

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh my goodness, Tony. That is really scary news about your grandson; I hope it's not meningitis! Bless his heart, and all of you for that matter.

Good news about your SIL, though. I know he will be glad to get home.

Tony Page likes this.
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We just got a call from my daughter my grandson is in triage.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Prayers for your grandson and glad that your SIL is going to be able to come home from the hospital, @Tony Page .

Tony Page likes this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I agree with @Beth Gallagher on the meningitis. Do you know what type of meningitis they suspect?

Tony Page likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tony Page - I think you people need to move. You live in a toxic area or something. Prayers still going, hope all turns around for you all soon.:(

10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

It was a real hassle yesterday & early this morning. My grandson has some of the symptoms for meningitis, vomiting, leg craps, rashes, light sensitivity. The pediatrician had a patient earlier in a day that had meningitis, to err on the side of caution decided to call my daughter to go to the hospital to have my grandson checked out.
    The ER at the closest hospital was a Zoo no separation of those who might have covid from those who are visiting for other purposes, many people hacking their lungs out. She went to the next closest hospital, there it was more organized, they took him into triage almost immediately, eventually they got him in an isolated room took about an 1 1/2 hours. There They gave him Frozen Pedialyte, and some other nourishment. The doctor that examines him refuse to run any tests said he didn't have meningitis. My daughter called there pediatrician, who disagreed he said he'd rather be safe than sorry they should at least run a blood test, after some discussions with the Hospital doctor they agreed to run the blood test. Thank God the test came back negative. It was a very long night, I told my wife to wake me when they get home, I went to lay down at about 1:30 in the morning I fell immediately to sleep. When my daughter got home apparently my wife decided to let me sleep, they're all still in bed.
    We're all relieved it's not meningitis, I'll find out when they get up what they think he has.

11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We have been talkin about moving out of New York. That's on hold because of my wife's cancer treatments. We're going to strive to get the house ready to be sold when she's done with her treatment.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Excellent idea

Tony Page likes this.
  13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Talking to my daughter this morning, her experience at the hospital last night was a horror show. She didn't get home till about 3:00 a.m.. She spent a lot of time arguing with the doctor on call about giving my grandson a blood test that was recommended by his pediatrician
    The Last thing I remember Before I fell asleep last night was that the blood test was negative, that was partly true, she was still waiting for the results of the platelet test, which showed platelet count was moderately low as was the white cell count . They recommended he get another blood test in a day or so to see if the counts increase.
    The Rash he has it's name I Can't remember something like Pete....
    .. they are small hemorrhages. My father had these when he had leukemia, it's just something else to worry about. Good news is he ate last When They got home and held it down.

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The rash is a petechial rash and is symptomatic of meningococcal meningitis, probably the only thing that frightened me when I worked in "the industry". It brought about the saddest thing I ever saw in 50 years. I won't relate it here, as the tale would make everyone cry.

Faye Fox, John Brunner and Tony Page like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

If you start to feel your day is a Pit, just read about other people burdens, yours is piece of cake.;)