The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You know what...I've been tempted to get out my backhoe and run drain lines to a dry well. There is no reason my septic system needs to get taxed with grey water. The toilet is the only thing that needs to go there. The Earth can filter the rest of the stuff. There are places in this country where that meets code (it actually might here.)

When we first moved to Fairfax County, the washer ran about 20 feet from the house where it dumped into the yard. It had formed a small ditch through the yard that met with a larger common ditch running behind 6 houses or so, then emptying in the ditch along the side of the road.

Tony Page and Ed Wilson like this.
  2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Do it. We promise we won't tell. :)

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, there must be a God after all. I turned on my new phone this morning and it now worked. Every indication was yesterday that my attempt to transfer service to the new phone didn't. Maybe they were so backed up it took overnight. Anyway, at least I can make a call but I now have to familiarize myself with the rest of the phone.

4. John Brunner

Now I'm not sure I should talk about it... ;)

Actually, I need to research the code in my county. I can't go talk to the water department because they're a bunch of cliche government workers. I think that anyone who answers a question during that job interview is disqualified from consideration...just look up at the ceiling and pretend that you're in the room alone, and the job is yours.

Tony Page and Ed Wilson like this.
  5. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Pit: Having to carry boxes down stairs when I first woke up. Now I know this isn't much of a pit as pits go but it was the lowest point of the day. Waking should beget coffee and a doughnut, not manual labor.

Peak: Getting the photo drone back in the air after months of resolving issues brought on by a faulty software upgrade. I had two successful flights testing out new hardware (i.e., a new drone), new propellers and new flight control software on a new iP:hone 13 pro. The peak of the peak was learning that the drone didn't drain the new iPhone's battery like it did the old iPhone 6. Below is a pic I took flying west down our street just before sunset.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  6. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Got up early and had coffee then went out to shop after it warmed a bit. That was the pit of my day because my knees and back are so bad I am finished for the rest of the day. The peak had to be those lovely Apple Fritters I always buy. If our economy doesn't stabilize soon there will be no Apple Fritters for ole Tom. Cat food is still cheap so the neighbors cat was happy. I look after the guy and let him stay over on these freezing nights. He is one fast mouse snatcher. Pretty good trade off, more than happy to give him some fresh milk and goodies because he keeps me from spending money for those Chinese made mouse traps, the ones that won't snap anything but your finger tips. ;0)

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

(1/30/22) Sunday. So far...

Peak: . I thought today was Monday (I like Monday)
    Pit: . It's not Monday

What's unusual is it lasted all weekend. I was so certain yesterday was Sunday and the day before was Saturday that I never bothered to check. The clue was no cars parked on the street at 9 this morning. :confused:o_O:confused:

How long have you ever been mixed up on the days? This is a record for me.

8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit
    My middle grandchild who lives with us tested positive for covid on Friday. My daughter and 2 other grandkids woke up this morning with sore throats and tested positive today for covid, my son in law is out he'll get tested when he's back.
    My wife has a chemo treatment tomorrow. She called her oncologist who recommended she get tested by the end of the day, and let them know the results. Wife is worried that it will delay treatment or worse yet she'll have to start over.

Peak
    So far Wife And I don't have covid systems.

9. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hope all goes well, this new strain is milder and much more like a simple flu so treatment will be effective and it will cure very fast. I have never actually caught a flu in 73 years. I don't care to test my system at this point but I have much more to worry about than a flu.

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

you're right it seems that this is a milder case than the original (delta ?)
    At my age I have bigger worries too.
    Right now I need a cane when I walk, yet I want to go out to clean the snow off the car, wife is very annoyed, so I'll stay put. The sun is out bright, so snow is melting hopefully it will do a good job on the car.

11. John Brunner

For some reason, Saturdays have felt like Sundays the past several months.

I'm still getting emails & texts from the church I was going to, and yesterday around noon one went out that services were cancelled because of icy parking lot conditions. I thought "Services are at 9AM and you're sending this out at NOON???" (It's entirely plausible that the woman who sent the text would send it after it was no longer helpful.) One Reply All said "Thanks for the heads-up," and in my calendar-confused state I read a tone of sarcasm in it. I still know these folks, and almost sent my own sarcastic response but figured they didn't need to have my attitude invade their day. And then it hit me...

The weird thing is that Sundays still feel like Sundays.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope your wife doesn't have covid, Tony. Don't worry about the chemo; more than once I had mine postponed a week or two; it made no difference except scheduling was messed up temporarily. (Delayed once due to the winter storm last year that closed the Medical Center; again for a heart echo that the doctor wanted done before I continued treatment.) She won't "start over."

Tony Page likes this.
  13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you for the info

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We just tested my wife and she came up positive with the covid test, I came up negative. Right now she has mild scratchy throat, she waiting for a call back from the Doctors office. The adventure begins.....

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Went out to dinner last night for my wife's birthday that was last Thursday. We hadn't been to the restaurant-country/western club in two years. Had looked up the band playing on YouTube and they sounded descent and had a keyboard player with the band. Well, for whatever reason, there was no keyboard player. I knew we were in trouble when their first song was Living On Tulsa Time and then Eastbound and Down. Then, the Prime Rib was too large and it was the smallest one they had. Big chunk of fat at the one end. Baked potato wasn't cooked enough.
    And, just like last time we were at this place, my wife was the only lady there wearing a cowboy hat...........but, that sure didn't bother my wife! In fact, more "Redneck" looking dudes than cowboy looking. LOL
    Peak: It was an "ok" night out.

One thing for sure, we'll only be in the city one more year and then............perhaps a much more "cowboy" type area.

Tony Page likes this.