The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy dance :)

John Brunner and Tony Page like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Wonderful news, Tony! I'm thrilled for both of you.

Faye Fox, Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thanks, Tony.

Neither Lowes nor True Value nor the local co-op nor the local garden center nor the local hardware store have anything to control these guys.

ps: Great news on your wife's results!!!

Faye Fox, Yvonne Smith and Tony Page like this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Are you sure they are beetles? They sound more like beavers or Thailand termites. :mad::D:D:D

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Wonderful! :)

Tony Page likes this.
  6. John Brunner

I've had beavers on my property, but only saw the chewed-off stumps and not the critters themselves.

Powderpost beetles can wreak havoc on furniture and framing:

[​IMG]

Faye Fox, Nancy Hart and Tony Page like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yikes!:eek:

Faye Fox and John Brunner like this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Let me count the ways.. um up way too early. Plus hubby has killed a TV! This tv will not even be 3 years old until next month. I feel like his constant hours of tv has done it in. I have tried everything to get it to work but it is futile . It was only $124 tax and all so will just buy another. The Peak is we have another one, to use for now. The roads are icy and is colder than a well diggers bottom ( as my granny use to say) so will have to wait until weather is better. So, another day stuck in doors , sigh guess I will find some sort of work to do around here. Going to be a looong day :confused:

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We watch A LOT of tv also. Bought our Samsung 46" from the old Circuit City in 2008. It went out around 2016, had a Home Repair Service come and take a look. A bad part in a circuit board and he had to take the circuit board with him. But, at the time, we had a bedroom tv that we watched in the bedroom. Don't think I've ever spent that much time in a bedroom in all of my life! It took about 2-weeks to get our living room tv back.

We haven't been "out and about" since last Sunday (Feb 20th) due to our cold (below zero) weather. It's very surprising just how many Seniors can live in really cold weather in the north. I use to work for a Senior Heathcare Company in Denver and they had numerous Seniors as members.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. John Brunner

Peak: I decided to sleep a little late. That felt good.
    Pit: It's damned Daylight Savings Time!!!! Most of my morning is gone!!!!!

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit: It happened overnight. While sound asleep I heard a beep, beep, beep and my foggy brain thought it to be a truck backing up outside...maybe a plow truck from the snow yesterday but why in the middle of the night? It eventually stopped, but not long after it started again. This time I got up and stumbled around the house trying to find its source. I opened the basement door and heard it down there. Aw hell I thought. The water heater leaked again and the water leak detectors had gone off. Down I went and it was not the water heater detectors but the stinkin' digital clock/radio I had down there with a burned out display digit. What happened was, the last time I had it on, the alarm set itself(?) to go off which it did and the sleep alarm afterwards because the batteries were still installed for power outages. I took out the batteries and it stopped. I brought the radio upstairs and cut off the power cord so I would not attempt to use it again and in the trash it went.

Peak: Still waiting.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Re-ordered my Tramadol 50mg last Tuesday from my VA doctor, by way of VA Medical website. His nurse told me, in Secure Messaging on the website, that he isn't at the clinic on Tuesday and Wednesday. Well, with my re-order, I included that the medication be shipped to me UPS Overnight, like it's been coming to me for about the last year, but I have to request it. Well, I found out that my VA doctor didn't tell the VA Pharmacy to send it out UPS Overnight, but by USPS instead. I get my other VA medications by way of USPS, but they aren't as important to me as the Tramadol is when dealing/stopping my osteoarthritis pain in each shoulder. Shipping by USPS Regular can take 4 days or more to get to me.

Peak: Once my Tramadol gets to me, it will most definitely be a "Peak"! The kind of cold weather we've been having lately has not been good for my arthritis pain.

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh oh my, hope you get that med soon.
    The sheets I bought yesterday at BBB - had no pillow cases as stated on package. Took them back first thing this morning and got refund. Discovered they were also coming apart at a seam.Then found out a daughters depression has turned to suicide thoughts. :(The Peak, sun is out, I am alive and still in good shape compared to most:)

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We are having a bit warmer weather, too, @Hedi Mitchell , and I am thankful for it and hoping for a return to Spring again. Sunshine, fresh coffee, hot banana bread out of the toaster oven……we are doing good today !

15. John Brunner

Pit: I lost my tractor chain. I am such an idiot. I often put the thing in the front end loader to carry it, and then forget and dump it out with whatever I have scooped up. My neighbors and I did a lot of road work on Monday and Tuesday, so it could be anywhere. And there are piles a mile high all over the place of the trees and scrub we cleaned up from that early January snowstorm. I spent a couple of hours searching the initial spots I worked with no luck. There's still a chance it's elsewhere on my property, but nowhere I've figured out yet. Daggone thing will cost me $75 to replace, and they are impossible to find used. Maybe I'll take my metal detector out tomorrow. I really need to find a better way to haul that thing with me.

Peak: Using the skid loader we rented, I cleared out a couple of overgrown areas this past week to put up a lean to or a pole barn to get my tractor out of my garage and to properly store my attachments, and wanted to level the divots with my 3 point hitch roto tiller. For the life of me I could not get the PTO shaft to hook up to the tractor, and ended up using a cultivator attachment instead. I looked at it today and got things figured out. That sucker has always given me trouble, mostly due to its bulk and my skill set. It's the most difficult to install/remove attachment I have, with my belly mower being a close second. The shaft will bind up so it's impossible to remove, and when I go get tools to pry at it, it will then fall right off. I had to get it figured out because it's almost time to till my neighbor's garden.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    Yvonne Smith likes this.