The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Will the dentist on Thursday as snow and nasty weather starting. Using salt water closed up the gum pocket for now. Will continue until I see dentist on Thursday. Sorry fr the complaining to all. Sometimes it just gts to be to much, even tough nothing life threating for us. Stay calm and try to carry on. Neck is much better. Vicks vapor rub works very good on sore muscles. :)

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Nothing like a ton of turmoil to make one long for "boring," huh?

I hope you get all this behind you soon, Hedi.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

No matter how big or small problems are problems, you'll always have a shoulder to cry on, and open ear to listen for you and all my friends at SOC.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  4. John Brunner

Peak: I got out in the chilly this morning, brought a couple of loads of firewood to the front porch, then loaded up the indoor rack. (We're headed for a cold stretch.) Since I had the truck fired up, I took my garbage and recyclables to the drop-off center. On the way back, I saw the guy (Rod) who sets up his portable BBQ rig at the gas station during lunch, so I picked up a smoked 1/4 chicken with Chipotle sauce, mac & cheese and collards for dinner. His food is very good.

Pit: The way I'm gonna feel this evening after I stuff myself.

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak: Had a descent dinner at Golden Corral Buffet last night. Absolutely love their mashed potatoes, sausage, dinner rolls, corn on the cob.

Pit: Couldn't believe the number of young people at the buffet with lots of facial piercings and one young guy dressed completely like a girl. Have never seen this stuff before there. Decided we will never go there on a Thursday night again. Later, my wife said to me "disgusting" and I fully agreed.

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

PIT
    The whole process of trying to settle with the insurance company for the contents in the house has been a horror show. My wife has been a nervous wreck even with talking to a counselor once a week and taking tranquilizers. The house itself is at a standstill nothing has been done since December 8th.
    Without going into all the details the insurance company and the company they hired to count the contents of the house really screwed up, Maybe by accident maybe it was intentional but either way they got to make it right and they've been sitting on their hands. So waiting for them to respond to a 22 page list of items they missed, plus we sent them photos of items they didn't include on their content list. They put us in a very stressful situation it would be bad for anybody but I think seniors like us it's taking a toll.
    I try not to show the effects it's having on me for my wife's benefit.
    Peak
    SOC has been a great Outlet for me.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Do like some people do, take your beef to the news media, they can get where most can not. Does not have to be On the news, but they often can get the ball rolling.

Tony Page and Mary Stetler like this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Peak the day Was ok until- I was trying to help someone with a money issue. Used my credit card, instaed of $ 233 charged me $1283! $20 was a convince fee! Trying to get the money back is a headache. Hopefully all will pan out come Monday:(

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry for the problem your having I would be sure to call the credit card company also they'll put a hold on the payment.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, two "Pits" and one "Peak":

Pit#1: Yesterday had two teeth extracted. Thought that a root canal/crown could be done on both, but infection was too deep. A tooth extraction can be/is bad at any age, but at 73, it definitely wasn't fun. For a few days, rest, no coffee and soft foods.
    Pit#2: While wife and I were sitting in the dentist office yesterday morning, a guy came in wearing a hunting knife on his belt. He truly looked like a member of a biker gang! None of the employees said a word to him about the knife. If I worked there, I wouldn't either.
    Peak: In three weeks will be getting a full cleaning and three weeks later, will get a partial denture for the two extracted teeth on bottom left and two extracted teeth (done in mid 90's) on bottom right. Will sure make eating a whole lot easier.

Yvonne Smith and Tony Page like this.
  11. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We live a pretty quiet life so not many major swings. However, on Feb. 27, I had a repair man complete repairs on our 1994 vintage Maytag clothes dryer. It was the first service call I ever made on either the washer or dryer. Good news was he replaced two rollers and the drive belt, said it looked like it was in excellent condition and I should get another 20 years out of it. $185.00. Color me happy.

Just after he left, the service tech came out to diagnose a problem with our 12 year old Trane heat pump system. The pit? Whole thing needs replacing already. Our previous Trane went for 19 years. After this one, we decided on something different. It’s a variable speed/inverter system with conventional air handler, a Daikin FIT. $17,000+.

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Computers in appliances will be the death of me.:rolleyes:

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  13. John Brunner

My 1940s house had an old floor furnace, and I used one huge window a/c in the summertime. 20 years after I moved in, gas was run through my neighborhood, so I had central heat/air installed. 3 months afterwards--in the dead of winter--the gas furnace took a poop. The computer control board in it died. I was always able to do what was needed to keep the old electro-mechanical oil floor furnace going, but I had no way of troubleshooting/repairing a computer board.

Mary Stetler and Thomas Windom like this.
  14. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I still remember doing a face palm when they first started having refrigerators with LCD screens and internet connection. I will never buy another refrigerator or freezer with anything other than a power cord connection.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Could we get back on topic, please?

Peak: We got the landscaping re-done in the front yard this morning.
    Pit: I'm exhausted and still have to make dinner.