The Sequel To Top Gun

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Watched the Credits last night and the Navy, both aviation and regular, helped with this movie a whole lot and they were both well paid for that help.

It was extremely nice seeing a female Navy Fighter pilot in the movie. The actress actually done a training session (in the air) with the Navy Blue Angels. And, the guy that was this girl's Weapons person, sitting behind her in the movie, was the actor Bill Pullin's son. Bill Pull starred in Casper and Independance Day.

2. Kay Baker

Kay Baker Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've never cared for Tom Cruise (Reacher...really???) so I have never seen the original Top Gun and don't intend to spend money to see Maverick.

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Kay, what kind of movies do you like?

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just curious, is that your picture at 76 years old?

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, one thing for sure, not everyone likes Tom Cruise, but when the movie has made $1.480 billion dollars, a lot of folks do.

6. Kay Baker

Registered

Haha...no, but I was 60 at the time. I think I got some good genes :)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Kay Baker

Registered

Hubby and I watch just about anything except scary, slasher movies...haha. Hubby is 81 and I'm 76, so we've been huge Star Wars fans from the beginning when we took the kids. We still love all those, including the newest, and the new Star Trek movies (not with William Shatner). We like mysteries, adventure, documentaries, a chick-flick every once in a while. We have many DVD's and subscribe to Prime and Netflix, so we watch a movie every night. We don't watch TV, except for the local evening news.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

First, I was 27 in 1977, when the first Star Wars movie came out, A New Hope. My wife was 28. Only Star Wars movie we don't have is Solo. Have all of the others, with The Rise Of Skywalker being our last one. We have a spare bedroom where the walls are with filled Star Wars pictures, three shelves of Star Wars miniature figurines, model of the Death Star, Vader's spacecraft, an X-Wing Fighter and a few other things. We also have, somewhat expensive, complete Darth Vader Halloween costume (chest/belt light up) and a $125 Light Saber. Wife has a female Stormtrooper costume/Blaster.

We've actually met folks that have much more Star Wars stuff than we do.

9. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agree, complete miscasting in Reacher. Prime’s version is much better. My wife and I are not big fans of Cruise either but we both thoroughly enjoyed one movie he was in, precisely because we didn’t like him. You might want to give “Edge of Tomorrow” A.K.A. “Live, Die, Repeat” a shot. We were both laughing out loud at some of what happened to him.

Krystal Shay likes this.