The Truth About Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Shirley Martin, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There was a run-up to the election trying to forecast a big Red Wave, but I think perhaps the real motive behind it was to discourage conservative voters and convince them that their vote didn't matter. Control of the Senate may depend on the Georgia runoff race just like it did before.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Ivanka said she is quitting politics to care for her children. She doesn't want them exposed to the vitriol from the news media. I guess the fake news will have a field day with that one.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Do you mean Melania? Ivanka has died, right?

4. Shirley Martin

Registered

Trump's daughter Ivanka

Ivana was his wife.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Sorry! I am dumb.

6. Shirley Martin

Registered

Not dumb, just not up to date on celebrities. :)

7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Yeah, I never really paid any attention to Trump's family or anyone else's if they were not in the news. I should have known the difference in the names, though.

8. Richard Joseph

Richard Joseph Active Member
    Registered

Do not know where he got that information, running for office does not exculpate a criminal charge.

President Grant was arrested by a DC officer for speeding in his horse and buggy. Yes, I know that was back then, but just an interesting fact.

9. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I admit I've lost sight, at times, of all President Trump has done for America. This was a good reminder of why I will vote for President Trump again in November. I know I've been all excited about DeSantis, but like Lindsey Graham says in this video, every, good American knows why we need Trump back in his rightful place as President of the United States. I truly do not believe there is anyone that can accomplish what America needs, except Trump:

10. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

11. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

A View On Trump: Mark Lewis has a substantive op-ed in Town Hall entitled Clarifying My View of Donald Trump. Some excerpts below that cut to the chase:

So, I insist Mr. Trump was a marvelous president and probably would be again. But I don’t believe he can win next year. It’s not that I don’t want him to; it is solely because I believe Mr. Trump has alienated too many people in America—Democrats, Independents, AND Republicans—to win a national election again. If you believe Trump CAN win, we would love to know why you think so.My view is Mr. Trump is too polarizing, a decisively defective liability. He no longer attracts, he repels. His tongue is overly abusive—especially of fellow Republicans—and has turned off far too many people, even once die-hard supporters. A minority party must build a coalition to overcome the majority. And Trump shows almost no ability to do that.
    [snip]
    But you have to work within your own party while trying to TEACH others the right way so that they will join you. Trump must convince all Americans to vote FOR him, not just AGAINST everybody else. And, sadly, Mr. Trump demonstrates limited political proficiency in doing that. His greatest rhetorical skill is the insult. He is a master at it. And no one can insult their way into the White House. If he continues doing it—and he shows no sign of ceasing—it is going to alienate more and more people: people he MUST have behind him to win. Even his “never say die” supporters admit Trump is a bull in a China shop. But they think the American people will overlook that and re-elect him anyway. No, they won’t. Trump must build, not tear down, especially in his own party.
    [snip]
    I certainly understand if Mr. Trump is bitter over what happened in 2020. But he must rise above that if he wants to live on Pennsylvania Avenue again. Frankly, he probably can’t do it. He’d surely be a great president again. He enunciates so many good policies. But then he drops a cow patty (“DeSanctimonious”) into the punch bowl and ruins the whole thing. And it is that reason, and ONLY that reason, which causes me to hope Republicans will select another candidate for president next year. Because we MUST win in 2024. America may not survive another four years of Democratic destruction. More at Source.
    This could all change but when I do the math right now, I don't see Trump winning against Biden and especially not against any more moderate democrat.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  12. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

13. John West

Registered

"In Pennsylvania, the Ice Beneath Donald Trump Is Cracking": That is the title of an article in Townhall. Some excerpts are below.

PITTSBURGH -- In 2016, then-Reps. Lou Barletta, R-Pa., and Tom Marino, R-Pa., became the first sitting members of Congress to endorse then-candidate Donald Trump for president. Their colleagues in Washington gave them the side-eye. Barletta told me at the time that when that didn't work, their colleagues tried to talk them out of it. It didn't work. The two traveled throughout the state and sometimes in other states, earning the nickname "Thunder and Lightning" from Trump on the trail. It turned out they were onto something. They broke the streak that year of Republican presidential candidates losing Pennsylvania, which had been intact since 1992.

On Friday, in keeping with their willingness to put it all on the line, Thunder and Lightning were back -- only this time, not for Trump. Instead, Barletta and Marino called on Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., to run for the Republican nomination in 2024 in a tweet: "More than ever our country needs strong leadership, someone that gets things done & isn't afraid to stand up for what's right. So Tom Marino & I are calling on our former colleague @RonDeSantisFL to run for president in 2024. Come on Ron, your country needs you!" David Urban, a Washington-based strategist who was Trump's Pennsylvania adviser in 2016, said their endorsement for DeSantis is "a big symbolic deal." More at SOURCE.
    On a related note, Trump continued sniping at DeSantis at a Davenport, IA, event where he said he wouldn't call him "Meatball Ron." “Tiny D is good,” Trump told reporters.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Classy, as always.:rolleyes:

I have to say, I'd never count Trump out. Remember how he was supposed to be humiliated by Hillary in 2016. That is one election night I will never forget... all the hysterical libs. Priceless.

Tom Galty, Krystal Shay and John West like this.
  15. John West

Registered

Trump Takes Attacking DeSantis To A New Level. The short of it from the NY Post is as follows:

A draft of the 15-page letter by Make America Great Again Inc. calls on the Florida Commission on Ethics to investigate DeSantis, alleging that the 44-year-old has violated a slew of state statutes as well as federal campaign finance laws. The complaint refers to DeSantis as a “de facto candidate for president” and claims that the governor is “leveraging his elected office and breaching his associated duties in a coordinated effort to develop his national profile, enrich himself and his political allies, and influence the national electorate.”

“Governor DeSantis’ failure to declare his candidacy is no mere oversight,” the complaint alleged. “t is a coordinated effort to specifically designed for him to accept, as unethical gifts, illegal campaign contributions and certain personal benefits that are necessarily intended to influence his official decision to resign from office under Florida’s resign to run law.“Governor DeSantis’ ham-handed maneuverings,” the complaint added, “have rendered him irreparably conflicted and have left the statehouse vacant.”

The letter includes as evidence that DeSantis has “abused his office and abdicated his official duties in favor of pursuing his national political interests” the fact that the governor has “met with influential figures in early primary states,” “is vetting operatives in early primary states,” and “met with individuals who are likely to play key roles in his presidential campaign.”The letter asks that the commission impose one or more penalties including impeachment, removal from office, public censure, ballot disqualification and fines.
    More at Source.

One might think Trump has DDS (DeSantis Derangement Syncrome) to a level that it is acting up daily now. A few MAGA suporters are claiming it's "strategery" or "Trump just being Trump." As best I can tell, these attacks are alienating every-increasing numbers of people, including just about everyone I know who voted for him previously.