The World Full Of Saints

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Avigail David, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I've read, heard, seen these people all over the world. Especially in the government (oh, no, not politics again!), who are great pretenders of saintliness. You see, they, the officials, talk so much about allocating healthcare benefits; promises of Social Security dole-outs to non-taxpayers because of substance-abuse--who can't function well to get a stable job and pay tax to benefit the really poor, needy, the orphans and the elderly (previously good tax-payers when they were young and able). Yes, the recipients of tax-payers' money can vote, too!

If one could do charity without money and good favors without aggravation on our part, then, the world around us would be full of saints. You know, the clamor for equality, collectivism of rights, and totalitarian control of people's interest and individuality are made up of saints with a lot of thunder and lighting but no good rain comes out of it.

I think the true nitty-gritty of social justice, as a whole, is doing good to fellowmen (and women) with getting our hands dirty, our aprons slimed and stained to feed the hungry and the helping the elderly with our time and money.

The connotation of "evil", as I see it, is breaking the law of love and kindness towards our fellow-human beings. The evil doers need not admit their evil to get politically stamped, "Bad". Their deeds do not better the position of the helpless and the people with disabilities. But their evil elevate more the imagined victimization of the privileged. We know who they are. And we know what happens.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015