Thoughtlessness

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

"Gentlemen, please stand closer to the commode. It's shorter than you think it is. Ladies, please remain seated for the entire performance."

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I would love for something like that to happen to me. I was always one to loan to neighbors. On many occasions, I never saw what I loaned again. I won't borrow from anyone and I won't loan out anything anymore. I was brought up to always return borrowed things in as good or better shape than I borrowed them. I have never had anything stolen returned.

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Going along to get along. Cliques have lessoned freedom of speech.
    Afriad of affending someone in the clique even if they disagree. It haappens on most websites. especially in PM's and one 'offended' trouble maker can spread falsehoods of others.

4. Rose Flowers

Rose Flowers Well-Known Member
    Registered

Parking in front of someone’s driveway or garage is inexcusable. I had a commercial business across from my house and the truck drivers occasionally parked in front of my driveway for short periods because it was directly in front of the office and their own parking lot was in back of their building. If I had an important appointment and needed out, I would call the police who would make them move. I’m interested in the towing response of the LBPD. Did you have to pay for the towing up front? Or did the towing company collect from the car owners when they came to get their cars?

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They would collect from the car owner.

Rose Flowers likes this.
  6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I know I've committed a few thoughtless acts in my lifetime and castigated myself later when I had a chance to think about them. I wonder if others have done likewise or just let it go?

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have another one. As I've mentioned, my neighbor, across the street, is an auctioneer, and he has sales at his house frequently. He's a nice guy and has never done anything that I considered rude or thoughtless, but the same can't be said for some of the people who stop by his house while he's having sales. I've mentioned, either in this thread or elsewhere in the forum, that people often block my driveway when there are no spaces nearby, but that's not the problem today.

The people from a car parked in front of my house, not blocking my driveway but directly in front of where my office is now (I've moved it), have been standing outside of their car for at least six hours now (since I've gotten up), if not longer, talking loudly. There are six of them, and they periodically yell at other people, who they know, driving by, who will then double park and join in the conversation.

I can barely concentrate on anything, or hear the television because they're practically shouting at one another, not angry, just loud talkers, and Bubba is afraid to sit in the window, where he likes to be. I have a window bed for the cats and, when it's warm, I'll open the windows. But he's afraid to go there because these people are outside.

It's a public street, and they have a right to be there, but I'd never think of spending half a day talking loudly in front of someone's house.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Go outside and casually turn the lawn sprinklers on.