Tonights Dinner At The Old Folks Home Assisted Living

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Lon Tanner, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Why not get him off the blood thinners and on a green veggie diet? Maybe a can of spinach a day would do the trick. Somehow blood-thinning green veggies appeal to me more than rat poison.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Regarding the portion size: I believe that Lon's pic is another stock photo off of the web. "Artist's Conception," so to speak. Notice he said "I will have," not "I had." I don't think he took a pic, ate, uploaded the pic, then spoke of dinner in the future tense. And there's no obligatory inclusion of wine in the pic. So in summation, Your Honor...

Regarding chops: I've taken to doing my thick chops (and chicken breast) sous vide before hitting them on screaming hot cast iron a frying pan or on the grill. It stops me from over-cooking them. Beef tends to be more forgiving.

Regarding last night's dinner: I have two tomato plants...one San Marzano to be converted into sauce, and one eating tomato that puts out more than I can consume. I've been having BLTs, and decided to make a club sandwich for a late lunch. 3 slices of toast, mayo, lettuce (iceberg purchased just for this sandwich), fresh-picked tomato, turkey, ham, roast beef and crispy bacon. I even stuck a toothpick in each quadrant (without frilly cellophane tops) to hold it together. It was very good. I'll be doing that again real soon. It was so filling (and I ate it so late in the day) that I skipped dinner, except for a couple of crackers with cheese right before bed.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have often suggested the same thing but maybe it’s a thing about being able to control the thinning or the pharm companies making bucks off the thinners.

John Brunner and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

My actual mea
    They know me and the portions I like.

Faye Fox likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Be that as it may, counselor, and also the fact that cherry tomatoes were missing in the photograph, exhibit #1, yet mentioned in the plaintiff's opening statement, and while this does raise a concern, as does the mention of baked potato with sliced possibly broiled exhibited, I will withhold my ruling until I hear the defendants rebuttal which may conflict with what now appears to be a preponderance of the evidence.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    John Brunner likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Condemning the pharm companies again? Those folks have to make a living (money) just like anyone else. Besides that, if wife and I ate right, we wouldn't need to be on diabetic Metformin med............but.

7. John Brunner

So do tattoo artists.

8. John Brunner

Your Honor, there were cherry tomatoes served with that meal, and while the Defense would be glad to produce supporting evidence, they are now in a form that would be both unidentifiable as well as unappealing to the jury. I shall give the Court time to digest this, as my client did, and anticipate a more palatable result.

9. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's the actual meal. ACTUAL MEAL.jpg

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Not the tattoo artists I have a problem with, it's those folks that have multiple tats put all over their body...........including their face and bald head. And, those folks can really freak-out many, many people, when they are seen.

Anyway, back on topic of Lon's meal and blood-thinners. LOL

John Brunner likes this.
  11. John Brunner

Since this thread is already more off topic than a Burning Man event, the one thing that can be said in favor of pharmaceuticals is that--unlike homeopathy--the amount of the active ingredient is known. I've been on a major supplement program but shied away from herbals because the potency (or lack thereof) of a given plant is unknown...you may get too much of the active ingredient or you may get none at all. I would not bet my life (literally) on there being too many such ingredients remaining in industrial processed foods...time, air, water, and heat are each The Enemy.

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Overruled! Hearsay is not allowed in this court.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

If people don't buy tats, then the artists starve.

Faye Fox likes this.
  14. John Brunner

Your Honor, if we may allow the $hit to speak for itself, as has been permitted so many times in these rooms...

My mother was heirloom, but--like so many these days--my father was indeterminate.
    If Your Honor looks closely, you'll see evidence of my lineage, as Truth is easily absorbed but seeds are not.
    I appeal to the Court to fully digest this evidence, as did the Defendant.

[​IMG]

15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Not if they are retired tattoo artists residing at Oakmont. To return to the title of this thread as posted yesterday, I want to know what Lon did in fact have for dinner last night.

Cody Fousnaugh and John Brunner like this.