Tonsillitis Due To Acid Reflux

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Corie Henson, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The other day, my husband is again complaining of sore tonsils but he knows that it was caused by acid reflux. When the acid comes up to the throat during his sleep, the tonsils are harmed. But in his case, it is always the right tonsil only that is affected. As per his observation, the acid reflux occurs only when he had slept on the wrong side, the proper position for him is to sleep on his left side. Now he is thinking of how to make himself to always sleep on his left side only. Or maybe he had to endure the once in a while tonsillitis.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, acid reflux can cause so many problems. I get it occasionally and I take 2 tums but it always happens on one side for me too, now I have to think which side that is....hold on, while I mentally position myself in my bed.

It's my left side! :)....so the opposite of your husband. I prefer sleeping on my right side anyway but do on occasion switch.

Edit: @Corie Henson, you posted this twice by mistake so if you still have time you can delete the other one before that has replies.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  3. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Greeter Registered

I got it. It happens to me sometimes too. When I have a slow connection, sometimes I think it didn't post so I click it again.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, same here. Think yesterday must have been a glitch day because I think Yvonne had a double post too, don't know if she deleted the other one or not but I didn't mention that one thinking she'll see it.