Tony Dow ( Wally Cleaver) Died

Discussion in 'Celebrity Deaths' started by Thomas Stillhere, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't get much news the past few years but I try to keep up on old actors of series I watched all my life. Tony Dow "Wally" on Leave it To Beaver died this past July. There was massive confusion when it was announced back then and the announcement was withdrawn on one network. I found more confusing video trying to find the actual announcement. He did die and it must have been some confusion with his people not wanting to let him go. He had cancer in the end. Now it looks like the only one left is The Beaver. I never knew they actually had a second show series in the 80s, shows how much TV I was watching back then.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have the DVDs for the second run - Still the Beaver, or The New Beaver. Most of the regulars are the parents of the kids in the show. I thought it was very good but it didn't last long.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I recall when he died and the "weirdness" surrounding the veracity of the news. I grabbed this from Wiki:

In May 2022, Dow was diagnosed with liver cancer. On July 26, 2022, after a premature report of Dow's death, his family announced that he was alive at his home in Topanga, California. However, it was reported that he was in his "last hours" and under hospice care. Dow died the following day at the age of 77.

I just read that he was a sculptor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thomas Stillhere and Von Jones like this.
  4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Decades ago I read that he formed an organization to help child actors readjust to normalcy after being so popular then having to be unknown and no more work. Never heard much about it probably because unless you were in TV or movies you wouldn't. There have been a lot of those kids growing up to be terrible people.