Tony's Catch All Journal

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Tony Page, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

On Monday morning May 20th at 7:21 in the morning my ring camera alarm for the side of my house went off. That side of the house runs along the rear parking lot of a small Shopping Center. At that time in the morning there's usually no activity there so I checked out what the camera saw. It captured a young lady carrying a pocketbook a large satchel walking into the parking lot from the street, once in about 50 ft she immediately took her pants off, and sat down on the curb, and spent a few minutes what look like putting makeup on, adjusting her hair, in other words prepping. I wasn't able to make out details of her age or looks, so I went out on my new deck to get a closer look, she was still sitting on the curb and to me look to be between 18 and 20 years old, she has jet black hair, and a a fire engine red blouse on. She got up off the curb that's when I noticed she had boots up to her knees on and net stockings and what looked like pink panties. All this was hidden under her pants, so I got the impression that wherever she lived she didn't want who is there to see how she was really dressed, whether it be a husband or a parent.
    She walked out of the shopping center parking lot carrying her bags and her pants. Of course my first thought was she's a hooker, I doubt she was going to school that way but who knows these days.

upload_2024-5-25_9-3-35.png

2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

This morning it's back to the dentist to get my stitches removed. I have to find out from him why I'm still in pain after 11 days.
    Landscaper will be back today to finish the sprinkler system. He has to hook up a water pump to increase the water pressure to the sprinkler heads.
    My lawn mower wouldn't start, I got it started briefly by spraying starting fluid into the carb. After not being in use for 2 years I figured the gas was stale, so I replaced it with fresh gas it still wouldn't start. I found an ad in one of the local Flyers, where this lawn mower repair man comes to your home to fix it, I expect he'll be here today also.
    Looks like a busy day.

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm in the waiting room of the dentist office, I have a headache and feel nauseous after sitting here for 5 minutes. There's a strong chemical smell and a child maybe 4 or 5 screaming her head off. just got called.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Breathe and remind him about your breathing.
    Good luck

Tony Page likes this.
  5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Dentist said I wasn't taking care to protect the area where the surgery was because I'm re injuring it every time I eat that why I still have pain. It should have been healed by now he said, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to eat normally, I should have been chewing on one side of my mouth. Also, I'm not doing the salt water gargle enough he wants me to do it every three hours. If it isn't better in 2 days, I've got to call him if I'm still in Pain he might have to open it up, let it bleed out, in other words start over again. When do things get easy? Maybe I'm just to old, maybe I should care more or ask more questions. Just seems like I'm getting a lot of things wrong these days.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

My dentist told me to brush my teeth normally after having my wisdom tooth taken out. Not sure that was a good idea. I am still sensitive back there. Not just cuz we are old. Stuff happens, even to young people.

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

The dentist did get the stitches out which might help heal faster.
    I think my biggest problem is I Came away thinking I didn't pay attention or misunderstood what he said after the surgery. I Remember him saying gargle after twenty four hours for a day, Never said anything about how often, And said eat soft foods for a day.
    Maybe I should have asked for more details. I never was the type to ask a lot of questions.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The instructions should have been specific @Tony Page. Patients cannot be expected to ask the correct questions. They probably should have had a printed post-op instruction sheet.

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

That's a good thought they should have.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If your doctor has a patient portal, you can usually check there for any information that was given to you during the office visit. It should explain any instructions you were given as well, and makes it easy to read what you need to do and how often.
    I always look on my portal after a doctor visit, but I do not know if dentists have them as well.

11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It is still safer to have a written copy of instructions. Not everyone wants to use the portal or even has internet access, believe it or not. I even know a few folks who don't have cell phones.

Tony Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

This dental office doesn't have a portal, my other doctors do have them.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I ask a lot of questions to the point of being a pain in the ass, and I still don't get all the info. It's not you.

14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

The good news my dental surgery is finally healing it feels good very minor sensitivity.
    Bad news had to go and pick my daughter up from work she got light-headed her blood pressure was high oxy readings were low.
    Me and my wife brought her to Urgent Care, they're both in there now I'm in the parking lot waiting.
    Fortunately she works for a school and they had a nurse there who checked her out, and actually walked with her to my car.
    I'm wondering if it has anything to do with a diet she recently went on she dropped some weight over the last 6 weeks.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope your daughter is OK, Tony. Maybe it was just a dip in her blood glucose.