Tony's Catch All Journal

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Tony Page, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We got out of urgent care however they recommended my daughter go to emergency in the local hospital, so that's where I am right now in the parking lot. I guess it's good news that they could find nothing wrong at Urgent Care and she did look like she had more color when she came out.
    For me it's just wait and see, if she's not out by 2:00 p.m. the wife and I will have to leave to pick up our grandkids off the bus.

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Beth,
    I know people like excitement in their life, I think I had enough of it.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I think I've been sitting in the hospital Parking lot too long. This came to my numb mind.

Mystery What Am I?

I light up like a Christmas tree but I can move around
    When my alarms go off oh what a strong sound
    My cargo is precious I'd say
    And I'd like to keep that way
    So we rush to get to our base
    Where help is reading their case
    They're treated with dignity and care
    So they can walk out of there
    Once I'm emptied I'm scrubbed clean
    Waiting for the next scene

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

An ambulance? :D

Tony Page likes this.
  5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Correct!!! You win the kewpie prize.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Pick one, lady. We ain't got all night.

[​IMG]

Tony Page likes this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

You'd be a great barker a fair.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We're not nice to winners.

Tony Page likes this.
  9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

It was a tiring day yesterday.My daughter's test at the hospital all came back negative.Who knows why she got liteheaded. When we got home from the hospital she was tired, so I got takeout food for dinner, cheese steak sandwiches from Chiddy's she ate and went straight to bed. I watched a little of the baseball game on TV and got to bed early. I slept for a few hours got up and couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am.

10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

It's a beautiful day today on Long Island, one of my important chores is to keep the new front lawn watered. I also planned on working outside we still have a lot of cleaning up to do.
    Well I went to open the faucet on the side of the house for the sprinkler, on the way out I fell, I landed on the right side of my face, my knees, and tried to stop the fall with my hands. It was very differcult for me to get up, my legs are not that strong. My wrist hurts when I bend it up and down, wounds on the right hand an knee, headache, tight feeling in the right side of my face. ( is your face hurting you cuz it's killing me hahaha).
    so much for working outside today, my wife and daughter said don't do anything just sit, so I guess I'll watch the Ball game today.

Ring Captures

On the ground

upload_2024-6-2_15-14-58.png

Start of fall

upload_2024-6-2_15-13-51.png

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Ouch! Hope you're not too sore from the tumble, Tony. perfectscore.gif

Tony Page likes this.
  12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Beth I'll get thru it.
    My head hurts.My hand hurts.My knees hurts but it's overshadowing my normal back pains, so it a draw.

13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Rough night sleeping the fall left me with pain all over, but my wrist and knees were the strongest. Externally I feel like I'm out of sink, internally I feel like the James Bond martini shaking but not stirred.
    Earlier this morning I heard a loud & familiar pop, immediately I knew some electrical apparatus on the pole outside of our house blew. I went out to look at the pole because I have seen their equipment catch fire which would mean a call to the fire department there was no fire, however the problem was laying on the ground below the pole, a dead squirrel. I called the power company they said they would have it corrected by 10:00 a.m.
    I won't be home because we'll be leaving in a little while my wife has an appointment with her oncologist they going to run some tests so I doubt I'll be home before 12:00pm

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

This is the second time in the last week and I'm sitting in the parking lot of a hospital this time it's Sloan Kettering, while I'm waiting for my wife I was thinking if I had to do it all over again I probably should have bought a home on a large piece of land with Forest. I enjoy observing the wildlife Plus I could have had chickens again and maybe even a fox for a pet. Since I had chickens about 20 years ago the town past new codes or regulations making it difficult to have them again. Truthfully even if I could have them again not sure I could take care of him the way I used to.

15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

" what a mess" about 2 weeks ago the glass on the driver's side window of my car slip down half way. There was a terrible cracking noise when I press the button to lift, so I stopped, I didn't want the glass to fall into the door. I could feel the glass was loose. All I had available to me was packaging tape, so I picked the glass up and tried to place it as close to the closed position as possible, then I tape the glass to the car frame.It held for about a day, I could see the glass was slipping down. I went to a nearby convenience/ discount a store, where I found a heavy duty waterproof tape. I retaped the glass, I really thought this is gonna work. After about 5 hot days the tape was leaking a little glue down the glass and starting to pop up. I need to find another fix. I picked up a package of rubber door stops and gorilla masking tape. I wedged the door stops between the glass and door frame, and put the Gorilla Tape over the original tape. After a few days the glue leaking got worse it look like icing on a cake. I pulled all the tape off yesterday tried cleaning the glue which by now was dripping half way down the glass, I used alcohol it didn't work. Now I need to go get glue remover and retape the glass with just the Gorilla Tape. My wife has been saying to me take it in and get it fixed, there just hasn't been a day where I didn't need the car. I wanted to get another car, we have been discussing the fact that my reflexes are not as good and basically to drive this car until it's no longer usable. The car is 2010 model, with 107,000 miles on it.
    I'd rather junk it, and replace it and not put another penny into it. It's due for some costly maintenance, like replacing hoses, timing belts, tuneup etc. or I could tape the glass and go as far as I can with it.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.