Tony's Catch All Journal

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Tony Page, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

That's scarry, Did you hear the alarm?

Mary Stetler likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No. :oops: Slept right through it so after that we turned the volume up.

Mary Stetler and Tony Page like this.
  3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Got up this morning Prepare to go grocery shopping, I was going back to the can can sale, When I tried to start the car click click is all I got. This is the second time in a month the Car has done this the first time I know I left the lights on, This time I didn't see anything left on.
    In the thread online purchases you'll see I'm ordering a car battery jumper, It should arrive tomorrow, hope it works.
    It's been a miserable day here today cloudy, raining, windy or I might have called the free emergency service the car insurance offers.
    When something like this happens I feel like the powers to be are telling me to stay home.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I bought this small battery charger for $40 that has done a good job keeping my truck battery charged.

[​IMG]

This one is permanently mounted under the hood. There is a version with clips rather that O rings that is more or less a tiny charger you could put in your pocket (or car) when you're ready to drive off.

The advantage is your battery is always charged...there are no surprises.
    The disadvantage is you need to run an extension cord to your car and unplug it every time you want to leave, then plug it in every time you return. They reduce emergencies, but cannot be used as jump starters.

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

The one I bought is just to jump start the car it also is used to charge electronic devices.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Those are good devices to carry. The way cars are these days with all the electronics, I'm not sure I would eer jump start car-to-car ever again.

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Today's issue:
    In September 2021, I purchase an RCA 11.6"Android tablet with Keyboard, I also purchase a 3 year extended warranty with breakage insurance for it.
    About a month ago one of the tabs that hold the tablet to the keyboard broke off. I remembered I paid for Insurance, and luckily I found the policy on my phone e-mail.I contacted them, they sent me a prepaid mailing label.I shipped it. I received an e-mail today saying it was unrepairable, and they would send me a refund in 7-10days, and were not returning the unit.
    I wonder if the refund is for the full amount, if not they should return my unit, the tablet portion was still functioning. I did find a method to erase all my information before I shipped it, I hope it was successful.

8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Tired today, up all night with my wife Heaving, She apparently has a stomach bug. It all started on Friday when my granddaughter threw up on the school bus on the way home from school. She's doing Much better today however her brothers are both sick, one with the stomach bug, the other were not sure what is wrong, had an on and off fever since yesterday, he's on the way to a doctor right now.
    My wife is still sleeping, I'll have to make sure she rest and drinks alot.
    Last night every time I thought she was done heaving, I'd turn the light off go back to sleep, she'd start again.
    At one point a thought for a poem came out of my groggy head.

FEMALE

Females they have this ability
    They can love you or knock you silly
    They have this Aura
    Makes men just want to explore her
    Treats a child with loving care
    Change a tire with a spare
    Combine foods for a delicious meal
    Arrange furniture for eye appeal
    Working the garden with dirt on her face
    Get dressed for an evening in satin and lace
    Won't hold back they speak their mind
    Caring for the hurt they're extremely kind
    Fulfills the wishes of a child after another year
    With balloons, cake, hats, and of course some beer
    Man is the true king of the beast they say
    But women will be there backbone always and a day

Tony
    01/14/24

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I caught the stomach bug yesterday That's been traveling around my household, stay in bed most of the day. Today I'm feeling a little better, Had my first taste of food in the last twenty four hours, Still get a queasy feeling now and then.
    The tablet keyboard combination that I returned under warranty, I got the check today for a full refund which I was surprised, I thought they might depreciate it, I did get two years out of it. Purchasing the three year extended warranty in my case was worth it.
    I'm hoping tomorrow I feel like eating a little more and doing a little more.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Hope you feel better soon, Tony.

Tony Page likes this.
  11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Beth,

I should have taken. This guy is advice.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I always LOVED that song ! If you can jump around the house and sing all of that, you will undoubtedly be feeling better, @Tony Page .
    Are you going to order a new tablet keyboard to replace the one that gave up ? That is great that you had the warranty and they refunded the total cost for both the tablet and the keyboard when it was just the keyboard case that was broken.

Shirley Martin and Tony Page like this.
  13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I will be replacing the tablet/keyboard. I'm not sure what I want to replace it with.
    I've been researching a little, Seems like it just adds to my confusion i'm all over the place with it. Besides the tablet before the fire, I had a desktop set up with scanner, a printer plus I had a cassettes tape and record turntable with USB outputs so I could digitize my music. It was my hobby to make both music and sometimes videos I converted from film for people. I started doing this when cassettes first came out, of course back then it was analog, I enjoyed making music cassettes for people. I'm embarrassed to say my back yard looks like junkyard, how did this happen? After the fire, they sent the crew to remove the sheet rock because it will becoming moldy, They had to move stuff around, in addition the firemen tossed alot of stuff around. So when we went to look for stuff after they Cleared the house of mold, Things were very hard to find.Then a Debris removing company came immediately after with large trucks to remove anything that was not bolted down. They did pack what we thought was salvageable and storage for us, but that was mostly some furniture and anything glass. They wouldn't take anything else. As they were cleaning this stuff out, We were telling them to put stuff in our garage, barn, when we ran out of room, under our car port which we enclose in a tarp, eventually that filled, so we stacked stuff on the patio and covered them with a tarp.
    We haven't even put all the stuff away that we accumulated in the mobile homes yet. We moved back into the house at a bad time with the holidays between Thanksgiving and Christmas It was impossible to do any other organizing. I have Mention besides all that's outside, the debris removal company delivered all the contents that was in storage, so now there over 100 boxes of glassware, figurines etc. sitting in my basement that has to be gone through.
    Just before I got the stomach bug. I did peak under one of the tarps and I found, A metal container that held my 16 mm film, some are of family, some as are commercial. The Container being metal was rusted I had to toss it, some of the films might be ok, This container and film are about sixty five years old.
    There is the possibility that my computer set up is buried in some of the stuff outside. Whether it will work or not is another story.
    Boy I'm really bending your ear, Between being under the weather and anxious to get started, I think I got too much in my head.
    I do have one question. I never learned how to tag people.
    I'm afraid to touch stuff on these sites that i'm gonna mess something up.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

If you mean tag people here on SoC, just type an @ sign before their nickname (@Beth Gallagher ). When you begin typing, it will usually show a drop-down list of people you can choose from. Hope that makes sense.

Oh, and when you quote someone (like Yvonne above), they automatically get tagged (notified).

Yvonne Smith and Tony Page like this.
  15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks, Beth

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.