Tony's Catch All Journal

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Tony Page, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Today I got up feeling better not 100% but better so I decided I want to go grocery shopping can't sit around any longer, plus I'm told there's a threat of a snowstorm coming.
    Feeling like I got to do something I went to two grocery stores I hit all the sales. The first store the main sale for me was eye round roast for $2.99/lb., there was a limit of two, with additional purchase of $15. I pick 2 nice roast for pot roast. The store has a reputation of having Quality Meat for the price, I've never been dissatisfied so far. By the time I finish looking around to cover the $15 I spent another $116.
    I decided to go to a second store because what was Left on my list was staple items like milk, eggs, OO/butter spread, and frozen vegetables. This store is known to have the best prices on those items, example, Milk and eggs are about Half off of other stores. I completed the list there, and pick up a few more items that were on sale, check out at $112.
    Felt good to get out there and do something. After me and my wife put the groceries away, I sat down, and didn't want to move, it hit me all at once I was tired. I will take a nap in a few minutes because in couple of hours I'll be on the road again taking my wife for appointment with her hairdresser.
    fun, fun, fun

2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I guess I did too much shopping today, woke up a few minutes ago with terrible cramps in my left leg. I took a potassium pill and about a 1/2 teaspoon of Guilden spicy brown mustard to relieve the cramps, it's just starting to work.
    This usually happens when I overdo any physical activity. Hoping I get through the night without a repeat.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Ugh, I sympathize, Tony. I am all too familiar with muscle cramps and they are miserable. Hope you feel better now.

Vada Bloom, Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Doing much better now I don't want to see a return.

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Can't get out of my mind an experience I had while grocery shopping Friday. While walking down one the aisles, I was looking for an item on the Shelf my cart bumped into another cart. When I turned to see what I hit, it was a cart blocking my cart. I said I'm sorry "I should have been watching where I was going" she said "no it was my fault women drivers" as we straightened our carts, immediately I noticed she had a long almost touching the floor coat, it was black with short shinny fur, like a black cat. She look at me and asked " do you know Jesus?", I was feeling awkward, and when I'm not sure how to respond I joke "does he work here?", she smiled and I immediately followed with "of course I know Jesus I've been following him for as long as I can remember". Looking at her now I couldn't help but notice her skin was pale white, her hair curly, full and bright white, this made her blue eyes pop, her look was memorable. She asked "can I give you something about Jesus" l said "sure".
    She handed me a booklet " Gospel According to St John, and a card with information about Jesus written in the shape of a cross, I scan them and put them in my coat pocket, said " thank you". Still feeling awkward I blurted out " we can use a little more Jesus today with what's going on in this world" she put that wonderful smile she has on. I said "I'm looking for the chocolate pudding cups for my granddaughter" "I feel good today, since I turned 80 it's not always easy shopping" she said "I know what you mean I'm 76 and it's tiring, chocolate pudding should be a little down further on the left where the Jello boxes are" as she pointed the direction I should go. I said "nice meeting you" and continued shopping.
    Driving home she was on my mind, she had such a kind, understanding smile, my thoughts flip-flopped, at one point I thought could she have been an angel? If she is I wouldn't mind meeting her at the pearly gates.
    Maybe it's a omen, all I know is she's been on my mind since we met.
    At some point I intend to read the booklet from beginning to end, but not just yet.
    I did have the thought of returning to that store next Friday to see if I could "bump into her again".

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

upload_2024-1-21_5-47-14.png

Forgot to add this to previous post.

Vada Bloom and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Didn't get much sleep last night was up for a few hours During the night. Tired today, so I don't plan on doing much.
    I recently received infinity pencils, Which are supposed to last a long time and never need sharpening.

upload_2024-1-23_10-12-39.png

The tips are replaceable by unscrewing the old and replacing with a new one. Cost $1.48
    I also received the colored pencils comes with a pencil and 72 colors. Cost $2.98

upload_2024-1-23_10-16-9.png

Nancy Hart and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Haven't been to the Dollar Tree in a long while, so I decided to go there today for some things I need. The items they carry are no longer a $1, they are now $1.25, still a good price for some items.
    I picked up plastic containers with lids of various sizes and labels to organize stuff that I am sorting through. I wound up with 8 shopping bags of stuff, in addition I got groceries, gardening, toys etc.. They do not allow you out of the store with the carts, the lady at the register said she would watch the stuff in my cart, while I carried it to the car, it took me 3 trips.
    When I got home I started going through boxes of stuff and separating them and organizing them into the containers, in the end I emptied 6 carton, some big some small. It felt good to accomplish something.
    I hope tomorrow brings another day of something getting done.

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Just received notification I've received an award trophy for being a member for 3 years.
    I can only say i've never stuck to anything this long, I really believe it would not have happened if it wasn't for you Nice people out there.
    I must say I really feel good about this, I'm not sure if there's something i'm supposed to do, other than say thank you.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We'll expect your acceptance speech tomorrow. Please be sufficiently humble as you accept the trophy. :p

11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

This morning I've been playing with A KODAK 35MM slide viewer that I got yesterday from eBay. It works great, I found 2 trays of slides, I hope I locate the other slides trays.
    I took a photo of the view through the lens, this photo taken from a second story window is of the back yard in the 70's not long after we moved in. The fenced in area was my first vegetable garden.
    I'm just glad some of my photos have been salvaged.

upload_2024-1-26_9-26-9.png

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

This is good. Now you can show us some old pictures.

13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Enjoying looking at some of the old slides the one tray was a vacation we took upstate to see Santa Claus at an attraction called the North Pole. Not far from there was another attraction Home of a Thousand Animals which I really enjoyed.
    Here's a couple of slides of the bears.
    20240127_103911.jpg 20240127_104203.jpg
    Please feed me my feeder shoot is empty!!!

Admin, Don Alaska, Nancy Hart and 3 others like this.
  14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Woke up this morning It was still raining, Now a few hours later, the sun came out. The first time i've seen the sun in a week, thinking for all the rain we had for the last week was snow, I'd be shoveling for a month, Fortunately, it stayed warm.
    Have a lot of congestion this morning Took a decongestant, and I'm having a cup of coffee while watching TV, a rerun of Expediton X about an Alaska Lake Monster. Josh Gates sent his team to investigate the Lake Iliamna monster. Interesting show, many eye witnesses, and some Scientist Believe there is something in the Lake.
    I have to run an errand today to get some keys made, My contract had a Storm door install on saturday, It comes with two keys, I need a minimum of 4.
    I'm worried about my dog she had a seizure last night, lasted about 5 minutes. We believe it's from a prior Flea and tick med, the Vet thinks the same. This is the first seizure she's had in a long while we have no idea what triggered it. An online source said to try Milk Thistle To cleanse her system, however my wife and daughter are against it. She's due for A Vet visit I'll ask him about the Milk Thistle, and other treatments.

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Both Bobby and I take milk thistle regularly to clean our liver and kidneys, it is supposed to be great for that and has no side effects; so I think it would be good to help your dog, @Tony Page .
    Amazon has a good choice, and you can probably find it locally at a Walgreens, or similar.

Tony Page likes this.