Tony's Catch All Journal

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Tony Page, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

The snow melted pretty quickly.
    I had a clear path to the car, No shoveling needed. Car started without it being jumped, so I took her for a ride to charge the battery. On the way back home I stopped and pick up an upside down pizza, and 3 hero sandwiches (meatball, chicken parm, chicken blt) for lunch. The car had no problem starting today, I want to keep it charged till I have the battery replaced.

2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

This past Tuesday I took my car in to the repair shop to have the battery replaced and an oil change. I had asked them to check the car for any other issues, they found that my two front tires had dry rot on the side that wasn't visible. I had them replace the tires, I didn't want to chance a blow out.
    It feels good that my car starts right up without having to jump it.
    Tomorrow the contractor is sending one of his workers here all day to clean up some of the items on our punch list. There are few things that will be left after this because we don't have the material yet, but the list is whittling down.
    I repaired my Sony jukebox (400 cd player), I have about 360 cd's in it. I have it connected to the soundbar in my bedroom, I put it on "all disc" and "shuffle" and just sit back and enjoy.
    I have another Sony jukebox that I have to fix. If I can get this one working it will go in the living room media cabinet.

3. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know how you get all these things done...it's a lot

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I eat Wheaties.

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Our family doctor retired about 20 years ago, all I can say is he was amazing, his diagnosis before testing was always on the mark. We've been searching for a doctor since. We've tried three different practices none could meet his level of competence.
    The current practice we are using my wife and I do not trust, the search goes on. I probably should devote more time to looking for a new practice because I need to get a physical.
    Under our carport there are boxes and bags filled with stuff pulled from the house after the fire. We covered the open sides with tarps in an attempt to keep rain and snow out. This week I had to retie one of the tarps that ripped its Tywraps, and was flapping in the wind. I noticed a toolbox sitting on the ground apparently it had gotten blown off a stack of boxes. I took it in to check it out, when I opened the box there was some water in the removable tray and some at the bottom of the box. All the tools had rust, the pliers many didn't budge when trying to open them. At first I thought, throw it out and replace them, I just couldn't do it some of those tools I've had for a long time so I decided to clean them all. I laid the dirty Rusty tools on a card table on top of paper towels, then I started by cleaning the toolbox, figuring I need some place to put the clean tools. So far I've cleaned 1/3 of the tools, they came out pretty good. I haven't tried to free any of the Frozen pliers yet but I did purchase WD-40 for that job, which I'll do outside when it gets a little warmer.
    When it gets warmer and I can work outside on a table I can just see my future trying to go through all these bags and cartons, "toss, clean, toss, clean...."

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I should have my head examined last week I was in a "I don't care funks", and I consumed a lot of cashew and pistachio nuts, they're my favorite. After I finished all those, I had a box of Goobers chocolate covered peanuts. I have to eat nuts in moderation because they cause diverticulitis flare ups, I've been through this before.
    Yesterday morning I felt a slight pressure at my lower left side, it change to pain which progressively got worse during the course of the day. There is some good signs, no fever and not sensitive to touch.The pain was still there this morning at about the same level so I went on a liquid diet, I've had water and broth for breakfast and lunch. The pain seems a little less right now I'm hoping to get through this without a doctor's visit.
    What's killing me is I have leftover pasta from yesterday's dinner that I shouldn't touch, I asked my wife to freeze some for a later date.

7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

My side is feeling normal, I had one egg for breakfast, I'll have Liquids till dinner.
    Then I'll eat whatever My wife is making, So far so good.
    I spent some time on my wife's computer, I did realize she had some of my Photos in a folder marked 2018.
    I enjoyed Seeing some plants we had back then.

DSCF5973.JPG DSCF5943.JPG

8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I didn't realize my wife had that many of my photos on her computer. I haven't found my computer yet or the books of c d's where I downloaded some of my photos.
    I had thousands of photos, Maybe I should have saved them on the cloud.
    Here are some of my bird photos.

DSCF5817.JPG DSCF5840.JPG

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My hawks are too skittish to let me get good pics of them. I've mentioned before that they'll perch on utility lines along busy highways, but it they're in a tree at the far end of my lot, all I have to do is move the curtains that they're off like a shot.

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday I was at the kitchen window and watched a gecko and a sparrow both sitting on top of a garden shepherd's hook. They just kind of stared at each other and then the gecko started puffing under his neck like a badass. The sparrow was not impressed. I wished for my camera but of course if I had gone to get it they'd both disappear.

Loving your photos, Tony. I'm so glad some of them were saved.

11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I wish I had lizards running free on my property, good for bug control and they are interesting to observe. I used to have snakes, They had a den Under a tree stump. One year I timed it right the young ones we're coming out of a hole under the stump.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We have tons of the little green "Geico" gecko lizards. Sometimes they manage to get in the house and I have to trap them and put them back outside.

Tony Page and Don Alaska like this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That was something that put a smile on my face when I moved here...there are skinks all over the place. I don't know how many bugs they eat, but I believe they keep the snakes well fed.
    We had them outside of DC back in the 60s, but they eventually disappeared.

14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Long Island has some colonies of Italian Wall Lizards. They are not native to the area, they were accidentally released during a delivery years ago and survived. I have seen them out east of me, we heard there are some in my town, I haven't seen any, but my wife thought she saw one briefly last summer. I hope they are here, but with 3 dogs I don’t think they will settle here.

15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Took my dog Tia this morning to the vet for her yearly check up & shots.
    She gained eight pounds from a year ago, My wife Looked at me with the expression that said "I told you", I said "guilty", I've been giving her table scraps, Nothing bad for dogs but just too much food. I have a problem resisting her begging for food.
    What i'm going to try is to leave some of her dry food next to me while we're eating and feed that to her if she begs. I'll cut back on the amount fed to her daily, And give her the rest as table scraps.
    After a thorough examination the vet said she was healthy, Gave her shots, gave a blood test to check for heartworm, which We'll have the results in a day.
    Tia was very nervous in the Vets office, but was extremely excited to be home.