Train Derailments And Warehouse Fires

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Earlier today, I was reading about a plane crash with a small plane. Now, it appears that this plane was carrying the environmental engineers which were on their way to East Palestine, Ohio to investigate the contamination from the wreck and following burn-off of chemicals by the government.

CB4865EF-9EA7-4DEE-BFAF-FE71D05401DC.jpeg

Mary Stetler, Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well. Isn't this fantastic news... NOT. https://www.yahoo.com/news/toxic-wastewater-ohio-train-derailment-144643636.html

"DEER PARK, Texas (AP) — Toxic wastewater used to extinguish a fire following a train derailment in Ohio is headed to a Houston suburb for disposal.

“I heard today that ‘firefighting water’ from the East Palestine, Ohio, train derailment is slated to be disposed of in our county," Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said in a Wednesday statement.

“Our Harris County Pollution Control Department and Harris County Attorney’s have reached out to the company and the Environmental Protection Agency to receive more information," Hidalgo wrote.

The wastewater is being sent to Texas Molecular, which injects hazardous waste into the ground for disposal."

Well isn't that just dandy?? Deer Park is less than 20 miles from here.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Wellll it will take a bit of time until it actually makes it into your ground water. You'll be fine.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Apparently the AG of Pennsylvania has referred the incident for consideration of criminal charges since the pollution crossed the state line. Some are charging that proper maintenance was not done on the train that carried the stuff. We'll see how it works out. At least the people are now getting government attention since Trump visited.

Ed Wilson, Yvonne Smith and Tom Galty like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I just got done blasting my state officials with emails. I'm sure they will get right on it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Yvonne Smith

Another train derailment, this one in Florida, and carrying thousands of gallons of propane.

E9A7D8CD-03AE-4A1D-B386-55E2981B68E0.jpeg

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Are these things only happening in places that vote Republican?

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I would like more investigation into the causes. The government silence makes me suspect something sinister, but it could be just lack of maintenance. If Russia is doing it, the government wouldn't want the public to know.

9. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

new cars are heavy...lumber is heavy...grains are heavy...equipment /rails only failing on shipping toxic chemicals /coal/propane...very strange indeed

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Several more warehouses have been burning down in various locations, but just now there is another Ohio train derailment, this one near Springfield. they have told residents to shelter in place and haz-mat has already been called in.

47A17860-3E15-4BDC-9620-862842717803.jpeg

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

This one is in Oklahoma, and they are saying that the cars were not carrying anything hazardous. The video show it derailing right at the railroad crossing, and you can see the train car actually bounce and jump off of the track.
    Another thing that bothers me, is wondering why people happen to be sitting right at the crossing and taking pictures of the trains rolling ? The last few derailments seem to have happened where people were sitting there waiting for the train to pass, and are actually recording before the train derails.

AED4CAC0-7BCD-415D-8607-99C4D830A8DA.jpeg

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

curiouser and curiouser....

Yvonne Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Today’s train derailment is in southern Alabama. This one is apparently not carrying hazardous material, but every time a train is derailed, we are losing some kind of important product that was being transported to somewhere that it was needed, and these railroad cars are not going to be able to be used until they are repaired, if then.

59F28CD6-A7E4-4327-AACB-0AEADAA63F0F.jpeg

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

When I've watched a freight train go by, they sometimes rock side to side probably because the center of gravity is pretty high, and irregularities in the tracks could result in derailing.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

It seems like many of these derailments have been in or near a town where they would have been going slower. The pictures o the derailments have been taken by people who were sitting at the train crossing, and watching the train go by.
    In all my life , I have never considered videoing a train that was passing me on the train crossing, yet these people are there with the phone camera rolling as the trains crumples and goes off of the tracks.
    It is strange.

Ed Wilson and Don Alaska like this.