Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Trump has now been nominated for Speaker of the House. Apparently the Speaker does not have to be a n elected member of the House, but it has always been so, but then a sitting Speaker has never been evicted before either. Nancy Pelosi, who refused to relinquish her office after the Republican takeover, has been told she will be evicted form her office. Apparently there was an agreement from Pelosi to support McCarthy and she betrayed him, so the interim Speaker, a supporter of McCarthy, will evict her from her special office.

Who knows how this will resolve, but it has been said by supporter's of Gaetz that this is not about Republican or Democrat; this is about trying to save our country. There is an invasion at the border, the Justice Department has begun political persecution, and the leaders are ignoring the welfare of the citizens in order to enrich themselves and their friends. I couldn't agree more. Perhaps old-fashioned Democrats will join with concerned Republicans to form a new America First or Patriot Party. Who knows?

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The temporary Speaker, Patrick McHenry , was a good Trump supporter when Trump was in the White House , but apparently did not agree about the stolen election, at least back at that time. He told Pelosi almost immediately that she had to vacate her office by today.
    I read that someone was nominating Trump, and they are also looking at Steve Scalise as a possible Speaker.

3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm praying for Pelosi to be booted out, never to return. I hate to say this, but I believe it will always be about the "left" and the "right" except it does look like we have more democrats moving out of their life-time party, and we certainly have some in the Republican Party that need to get the heck out.

My first thought when I saw the massive video-news on McCarthy getting booted, was oh oh, so the left is working to tear down the House and bring in more democrats, especially as speaker. But as always, I don't know how that all works.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

I think it would be hard for Trump to stay in a lower position, I mean "work inside the boundaries" of Speaker of the House, after he's become so great at running our whole country. I just want him in the Whitehouse.

Vada Bloom and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

He won't be elected, but the impeachment investigation has begun. Could you imagine Donald J. Trump with subpoena powers over the Biden Administration? It would truly be quite a circus!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It might be a way for Trump to get back into the presidency. People have been saying that Kamala Harris is not actually able to be president because of her birth and her parents not being US citizens when she was born; but of course that didn’t stop Biden from appointing her as his VP. As long as she doesn’t have to take the office of president, it doesn’t really matter enough for people to do anything about her not being legally qualified; but if the do impeach Biden, or he just steps down from a medical issue (which I think is quite likely), then if Harris cannot be president, it would go to the Speaker of the House, and if that were Trump, then he would be back in as president to finish up Biden’s term of office.

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

are you saying if he was speaker of the house he would have subpoena power over Bidens whole administration?? If so, it would be awesome!!

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Wow, that's amazing how that could work like that!! Ok, I see now why people are wanting him a SOH ;)

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

That is my understanding. The Impeachment Inquiry gives the House of Representatives headed by the Speaker extraordinary powers over the entire government.

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree that it’s just not a good fit. The reason that it’s always been a member of the House is that you have to know the House rules and procedures, the personalities of the all the members and all kinds of details. Maybe there are ways it would benefit Trump but he would also be a lightning rod for the Democrats and the moderate Republican House members.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

No wonder we had the last few years of hell, Pelosi was in there :(

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks @Thomas Windom for the websites so I can see some headlines, from other than MSM. On the Rantingly.com I browsed through the headlines and found one about Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney, and now I know a couple of the never-Trumpers in the House. There searching for someone (alternative to Trump) to try and get into the Presidential nominee. What weird choices they have leaving out Ramaswamy and De Santis, and putting basically unknowns, or not much of a record according to this article. They think spending dollars on Nikki Haley for example, the other two I see mentioned I never even heard of but that isn't saying much since I don't keep up on all the "stuff" :rolleyes:
    I just hope and pray they can't keep President Trump out of the running:

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2...d-summit-to-find-alternative-to-trump-n583813

Don Alaska and Thomas Windom like this.
  13. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

From your provided link…

“Maybe recent events in Israel will show that the United States has to lead or else bad actors fill the vacuum. Hamas didn’t start a war with Israel during the Trump presidency. Putin didn’t invade Ukraine when Trump was president. Trump was an isolationist when it came to foreign wars but he made a point to project strength and foreign leaders treaded lightly because they thought he was unpredictable. That was ok – it kept everyone in line. Joe Biden isn’t interested in foreign wars, either, but he projects weakness and vulnerability. That, and funding Iran with billions of dollars, is why we are where we are now. No one is afraid of Joe Biden.”

Truth.

Denise Evans and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

Every wanna-be Hitler in the world was blatantly alerted to the fact that America is caught with her pants down. Why is biden still in office some ask?? Because we have to find the root, biden's just a puppet. Kamala would be as inept, or worse then he is, and she'd be sleeping with the enemy too ;) I've seen too many movies, LOL!!

Don Alaska and Thomas Windom like this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Ever hear of the World Economic Forum? I guess they want to pick up the pieces after WWIII.
    While everyone is being distracted by the possibility, the world governments are signing onto the WHO treaty which will be FOREVER binding.
    I do not go to doctors. I have been managing my own health with my own money and skill. This treaty will require me to prove that I am doing as they say with regard to my health no matter if their requirements are experimental or have provable negative consequences.
    This is insanity. But it will probably reduce the population as they want.
    Write your reps and keep writing them to refuse to sign on to this.
    Demand we protect our own borders before other countries'.
    Refuse the installation of digital currency.
    Wthdraw from the WHO entirely.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023