Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

He announced that about a month ago. Things change. We need Tucker on the outside to keep putting truth in the media.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

If that is true then I won't vote for Trump.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'd probably vote for a Trump/Carlson ticket, but I wouldn't be excited about Carlson. I've always thought of him as the controlled opposition while he was on Fox. I have some trepidations with Vivek, only because he was such an unknown, but I'd rather have him than Tucker.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Maybe so but it doesn’t make sense to me. Tucker isn’t independently wealthy but he probably will become so if he stays in independent media. He didn’t like the restrictions to his opinions that Fox put on him. Being VP would be more restrictive.

But, oh my, can you imagine the meltdown that Democrats and their biased media would have if that turns out to be true? It would be worth it to see Joy Reid’s face. :D

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It doesn't make sense to me, as I think Carlson would be a powerful voice to help counter the anti-Trump nonsense that goes on. But then I thought Mike Pence would be helpful to Trump when negotiating the bureaucracy too, and I was wrong.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m on hold.
    Vivek loaned his campaign nearly 15 million beans and did not say that he was “dropping” out of the race. He said he was “suspending” his campaign. I could be mistaken and I know, the media says he dropped out but if I recall correctly, he said suspending.
    Now, what all that means is anyone’s guess but I’m going on hold until there is a more definitive statement from Ramaswamy.

If something happens that would prevent Trump from continuing his campaign then I am certain that Vivek will jump back in rather than letting Nikki Haley have an open nod from the GOP.
    He came in 4th at the Iowa Caucus but I’m thinking that he is smart and a heckova businessman so I wouldn’t write him totally off until that proverbial lady of grand girth is heard singing her aria.

As far as Tucker getting a VP nod from Trump?
    I can see him as the Press Secretary but as a potential VP, I think that’s a stretch.

7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Damn, Those 2 together might just be unstoppable, but Tucker Carlson?? I think that's a rumor from the left :D

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

I think Vivek's the only smart one in the bunch!

Mary Stetler likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

I like your way of thinking on this @Bobby Cole that would be very smart of Vivek, to keep his foot in the door to get back in if something happens Trump can't run. Thanks for bringing this up! If Trump couldn't run for any reason, I'd like to know Vivek would be there for me to vote for him!

Don Alaska, Bobby Cole and Vada Bloom like this.
  10. Vada Bloom

Registered

After thinking about this more I'm just not sure what Vivek brings to the ticket that Trump doesn't already supply. Don't presidential candidates look for a VP that fills in some of the things they lack? I'll stop there because I don't like where that thought leads me.

Of course, if Trump can't run and Vivek has already been named VP on the ticket there would be a natural progression to top of the ticket. Hmmm....maybe that's their plan.

I still believe the left will keep Trump from running by whatever means necessary so maybe Trump is planning for Vivek to be backup.

11. Vada Bloom

Registered

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

He checks a skin color box and provides youth.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

That is a good point. He attracts pretty much the same people, politically, as Trump does, and the political maneuverings usually dictate a VP candidate from another part of the country, from another race, or who has political support from people whom the top-level of the ticket does not have, such as Pence allowing neocons in the party to vote for the ticket despite their hatred for Trump. In the case of Vivek, as Don says, he does add some ethnicity to the ticket, and I think he resonates more with younger people or libertarians than Trump does, so he does add something to the ticket. He certainly adds enthusiasm, which could go a way toward soothing those who are afraid of Trump's age. I don't know if he adds enough, however. He repels a lot of the same people who Trump does.

I still think that Robert Kennedy Junior would be an interesting choice, although I haven't heard that suggested by anyone. Kristi Noem would be a good choice, although less than she would have been in 2016 when we didn't already have a female VP. On the other hand, although she is spectacular, she doesn't have a whole lot of name recognition, and her state doesn't bring much to the ticket.

Traditional politics would suggest someone representing the neoconservative side, such as Nikki Haley, but, in my opinion, at least, she would take a whole lot of enthusiasm out of the ticket. One of several reasons for Trump being unable to accomplish as much as we hoped he would during his first term is that he surrounded himself with people who worked against him and endorsed others who were the antithesis of what his base supporters wanted. With Haley as the VP, she would be in position for another presidential run in 2028 and potentially eight years in office, and that's about the same thing as electing a Democrat, undoing everything that Trump might be able to accomplish in another term.

DeSantis might also be a traditional choice, and I'd rather have him than Haley, but I think he would blunt enthusiasm for the Trump ticket amongst his strongest supporters. He's not a likable person.

Who knows who Trump will choose, though? What worries me is that he's never been good at picking the right people. I'm hoping he's learned something.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Ken Anderson

I would be enthusiastic over a Trump/Ramaswamy or a Trump/Noem ticket, but I'd be less so with a Trump/Carlson or a Trump/DeSantis ticket, although I'd probably vote for it. I don't know if I could vote for a Trump/Haley ticket. Not only would that indicate that Trump hasn't learned anything, but it would put Haley in position for the presidency, and the last thing we need is another Democrat like her.