Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I really like the discussion here even though I don’t necessarily agree with every word. :D

I just hope I’m not forced to vote for a ticket with Nikki Haley on it. :eek:

In 2016 I couldn’t believe anyone was giving serious consideration to Trump. I was still working and my boss and I would discuss it every morning. We kept saying he would drop out or be forced out and we wouldn’t vote for him. Weil, we both did vote for him.Never say never, I guess.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So true. As an independent with no party affiliation I remember when I'd vote for the individual and not the party. I was a Bill Clinton fan, couldn't stand either of the Bushes (Dan Quayle made Kamala look like Einstein), I wanted John McCain to be president but cringed over Sarah Palin, and voted for Hilary in 2016 because I couldn't stand Trump. Now the democrats are so despicable that I just slam the "R" and exit the booth.

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

If they somehow get rid of Trump by the election I would write in RJK

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I heard on the radio today that the idea of Nikki Haley as Trump's VP choice started with a social media post from the DeSantis team. I guess they were trying to demotivate supporters on both sides so he would benefit.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I get annoyed by the drumbeat that anyone voting for Trump has fallen for a dangerous charismatic cult figure if not some sort of literal fascist.

I'd prefer somebody else, but nobody has really emerged who I'd trust to upset the entrenched system and value the needs and desires of the population outside the dense cities.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

President Trump said in his rally in New Hampshire last night that all of the forces we have been working against for the last seven years are supporting Nikki Haley; so that pretty well says that she is not going to be his VP choice.
    We have time yet for a lot of things to happen before the election this fall, and it is still possible that there could be a Trump/Kennedy ticket , and it is definitely looking like Ramaswamy will be in there somewhere if Trump is elected, unless he does something to change people’s mind.

I still tend to think that we will not have Trump for 4 years starting next January, but I am hoping that he is not assassinated. More and more news about the stolen election is coming out, and that could play into the scenario if they do ever say that Biden is not the legitimate president and Trump is. I am not even sure what would happen next if they declare Biden not the elected president because we have never had that happen before in the history of the United States.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello and welcome, Jacob. I totally agree about the "cult figure" drumbeat. Of course it's common in the Trump Derangement Syndrome crowd.

Mary Stetler and Vada Bloom like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Welcome to the forum, @Jacob Petersheim !
    There is an introduction section at the top of the forum page under the announcements part of the forum, if you would like to tell us a little bit about yourself and give everyone a chance to say hello and welcome you to our forum.
    http://www.seniorsonly.club/forums/introductions/

I am a greeter here, so if I can be of any help as you are getting acquainted with everything, I am more than happy to help.

We are a friendly bunch, maybe do not always agree with each other, but we try hard to stick to the thread topic and not to attack the person; so please feel free to jump right in with any threads that catch your eye, or start a new one if there is something you are interested in discussing.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  9. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm for Trump because of his record and being non-establishment, but I'm afraid it's going to get ugly from his haters, both Dems and Rinos if he wins. Civil unrest will be putting it mildly.

Don Alaska and Vada Bloom like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I see that Tim Scott is campaigning with Trump in New Hampshire; I think it was New Hampshire.

11. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Welcome, Jacob. Glad to see a new member jump right into the political topics.

Apparently, Trump pretty much ruled Haley out so maybe that's one thing I can quit worrying about. (I'll find something else to worry about though) I would be happier with just about anybody, maybe not Kennedy, but at least he might not be worse, IMO. I feel the same way about Trump and 4 years but I might not be either. :eek:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The folks at CNN and MSNBC are beside themselves with Tim Scott's endorsement of Trump. Having a prominent Black man campaigning with Trump will bring even more folks from the Dem camp. Glad to see it. I think Scott is a good man who would bring a lot to the campaign.

Denise Evans and Ken Anderson like this.
  13. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Who the heck is Elise Stefanik? These people seem to come out of nowhere, which always worries me :rolleyes:

14. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Great, Tim Scott is one of my faves, so far.

Anyone see this from New Yorkers? I thought it was pretty good, but you can always find a little cluster that will say what you want and then weed out the rest I guess. Seems hopeful though at least :)

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

I just got an alert that DeSantis has suspended his campaign for president and is now endorsing Trump. That would only leave Nikki Haley, and I doubt that she has any intention of endorsing Trump, or that he would even want her endorsement.