Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Metoo, that's easiest for me as I don't feel up to doing a lot of "surfing the net" for info. Plus I sort of skip the negative "fake" news except Fox, my main source, puts up the lefts stupid remarks which really astound me.

I know our side has it's issues as well, it's just I'd rather look at there's as being just plain stupid :p So I'm biased, close-minded, or anything else anyone wants to call me.

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm searching now on "why Trump doesn't want the bill" but my guess is, he see's something that doesn't belong in the bill. He does know much more than we do, and until I hear his reason, I'm not giving my opinion, only the guess as that's what they've done in the past, battle over things in the bill that are things we don't want in there.

Does anyone know if this is the bill the Trump is against be, and if you know "why" he is, that would really help? @Don Alaska, @Yvonne Smith or @John Brunner anybody at all know?

Here's a link where I found Senate Bills and I sorted them and think this is the right bill. I want to read the dang thing as see why Trump "may" want to stop it, or hold it up. I haven't found anywhere I can hear him speak of it, but I'm not firing on all pistons after only 2 hours sleeps. I don't fire on all when I've had 7 hours either:p
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/118/hres957

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    Bobby Cole and Nancy Hart like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

One of the possible reasons is that the immigration bill has been paired with a 115B dollar request for aid to Ukraine.
    https://www.npr.org/2024/01/20/1225788314/election-year-politics-threaten-senate-border-deal

I think it’s interesting that CNN, MSN and other left wing “news” providers are using the same wording such as the word “Seethe”.
    And, none of them are reporting the extra bill that’s included with the immigration bill.
    Funny how that happens.
    However, there are some media opinions saying that Trump wants as much turmoil at the border as can be had so he’ll look better this next election but that’s just left wing speculation of which, I have many doubts as to whether that’s true.

The immigration bill by itself is piece-mill at best from my understanding but it might not have as much flack among Congresspeople, nor Trump if it didn’t have Ukrainian aid attached to it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

Ahhhh, I knew that, but forgot, yes, aid to Ukraine, Trump is right to hold off on that in my opinion. And no, I'm not falling for the Lefts take on why Trump does anything because they don't know him, or see he wants best for the country, not to line his own pockets. thanks Bobby!!
    and..he's also smart enough to know what's best for the country is best for him as well and he loves America!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

The fact is simple; there are sufficient LAWS already. They need to work on enforcing existing laws instead of creating new ones. Plus that Ukraine crap they are trying to sneak in... people are getting tired of supporting Ukraine.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

But didn't they do away with the things President Trump put in place or was everything law-wise in place except the wall? He just enforced the laws, I think I just answered my own question ;)

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I didn't see the actual 'deal'
    We don't need a deal we need to close the border until we get a handle on the situation. IMHO We HAD an immigration policy that was torn up before the border was just thrown open with the claim that we didn't have an open border. We had Kamala in charge.
    The deals I have seen involved more money for Ukraine to throw in the toilet and other expenditures if we want any border fix.
    We don't need a 'if we have to do this then you have to do that' We need a Do It!

Marie Mallery and Shirley Martin like this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

When Trump fixes the issue and sends everyone home, the Dems will say how cruel it is. They won't see there is a way for legal immigration, they will see all the poor people and want us to support them.
    I felt badly watching as women and children struggled to get here (though, they were few in the vids) I think Dems should be given the opportunity to sponsor a family in their house and not make others foot the bill without choice.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

@Nancy Hart exactly right and why our good Republican warriors in Washington are not going to sign a bill giving Ukraine more how many billions or millions of our tax-dollars before biden "enforces the laws" we already have here for American's National security!!

12. Denise Evans

Registered

People have already changed their tune as AZ, Texas, Florida were kind enough to share the burden with other SANCTUARY cities, LOL!! Yeah they'll lie til the day they die, because they've opted to let our country be destroyed for one reason, they hate President Trump. They have to be seriously warped, except for the fact, you can fool some of the people, they've sure proven that.

13. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    Ms. Evans, I hate tRump because he is a cruel, mean, profoundly ignorant hypocrite who lies and lies and lies.
    tRump is the worst curse to ever emerge in public life in our country. Take the meanness of Andrew Jackson, combine it with the ineptitude of Herbert Hoover, combine it with the corruption of Richard Nixon, raise to the power of ten, and you'll just about reach tRump.

And speaking, as you did of fools, the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" should be kept in mind. We were fooled once when tRump occupied the White House, Surely we have enough sense to keep that shame from happening again.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

14. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh, I got an alert someone said something important to me, ok nevermind, musta been a glitch :rolleyes:

15. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Whoever thinks Biden will "get credit" for the immigration reform, doesn't seem to realize how slowly things work. By the time this bill got passed and the money, or new rules, became operable, Mr. Trump could be president again. He would be the one to put it in action. He could claim credit. I guess nobody told him.

upload_2024-1-26_15-36-45.png

Bobby Cole likes this.