Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

And TRUCKERS refusing loads to NYC in support of Trump--no food or anything. I hope everyone can stand against the insanity in some way.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, for sure ! Many of the truckers are Trump supporters, and some of the trucking companies are joining in with this as well.
    It is not going to take long before the people of New York will be up in arms about the boycott, but I do not know if it will affect the judgement for Trump’s trial or not.
    Apparently, this same type of thing happened with a judge in Colorado a few years back and the truckers went on strike in support of a truck driver they felt had been unfairly sentenced.
    Soon after the boycott started, the judge reversed his decision on the sentence, so it is possible that the just be might change his mind on this trial as well, if there are enough protests from the people in New York about not receiving any supplies.

3. Mary Stetler

Registered

Add Sweden and Germany now. Standing against the EU and WEF.
    !!!!
    But Andy the Crabby Cabby says the EU directive bans Car Repairs on older cars. Fight the insanity!
    Did cash for clunkers work here?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
    Jacob Petersheim likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Whilst the boycott may make a difference, the problem with food and supply shortages is that it can create a state of anarchy.
    Since anarchy can take several forms by different groupings, there’s no telling which direction or by whom it would start.

5. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

True enough.

But what is the point of warm and fuzzy toothless inconsequential boycotts?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Like the 12 hour hunger strike that some 60 students from Brown University had to urge a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel, it produced nothing Internationally but it probably made the students feel good about themselves.

On the contrary, I wouldn’t call a massive trucker embargo on New York City, “inconsequential”.
    Note: To be true, philosophically speaking, everything including the hunger strike I wrote about has a consequence.
    I digress.
    Any major interruption of supplies going to a city as large as NYC will definitely be noticed. Now, whether or not it has “teeth” and does what it is intended to do is a crap shoot but at least someone is doing something besides sitting on their hands whilst observing a travesty of justice.

7. Mary Stetler

Registered

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It won't take long for NYC to collapse whether the judge reverses or not. If the truckers really do follow through with this, New York will be in serious trouble with food riots. Nothing causes revolution faster than no food.

Bobby Cole and Jacob Petersheim like this.
  9. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Maybe I drowned my message in sarcasm?

I was saying that if a boycott's consequences include no pain it serves as a symbol and a possible "feel good," but without results.

Interruption of supplies into NYC and other "discomforts" in Hillary Country are indeed "teeth" in my mind. To avoid the "bite" the grievances behind such actions have to be taken seriously and tangibly. Talk and symbolic gestures have gone unheard and been mocked outright.

Jenna Parnellson and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

The truck drivers are also talking about stopping deliveries into Washington DC, so this might really start making itself felt if it keeps going. I think that DC makes sense, because that is the epicenter of the whole anti-Trump thing anyway, and who is pushing to get Trump off the ballot, any way that they can do it.
    There are a lot of truck drivers on Twitter, so I will be following this story and see what happens.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Except that the DC bureaucrats live in the areas surrounding DC and not in DC proper.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

A post from Tucker's X/Twitter account. It explains the attacks on Trump's Presidency and how it was begun at Brexit.

Just skip through the self-promotion of the poster.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

And it depends on how many trucks participate, I have heard that several trucking COMPANIS are now refusing to accept deliveries for this week, so that holds some hope. Independent truckers depend on regular business to pay the bills. That is why the Canadian government had to prevent people from supporting them. Trudeau had to choke them any way he could, even using means that were later declared unconstitutional.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I was looking at that earlier and yeah, some scary stuff.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I was going to mention just about the same thing.
    The government elites “might” care should their constituents become hostile but other than that, they have the wherewithal to do and go wherever they wish to fulfill their own personal desires.
    A prime example:
    During the Covid-19 scare, everyone was pretty much on lockdown and masked in California but “Newsom the jailer” had the gaul to go out and have dinner [sans masks} with guests at a high class restaurant.
    Nancy Pelosi went out to get her hair done at a time when beauty shops were supposed to be closed down.

Jenna Parnellson and Don Alaska like this.