Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I know a few people personally that just hate Trump for no good reason, and couldn't even tell me the difference between now and when Trump was in office because they are too busy counting all their money.

It wouldn't burst my bubble, the airs been let out of it for quite some time now. But I'm not one that wants to live in a "protective" bubble, I want to know what's going on. The older I get the more I want my eyes, and ears open to the truth, no matter how ugly it gets.

2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think one other factor plays into American gullibility. We have not, as a population, suffered any recent consequences of failed leadership. Not like in other countries who have experienced war, famine, enslavement, financial collapse. We have had things too good, for too long, and fail to see veiled threats and insidious rot. Too many don’t recognize the signs.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

and too many don't look, too busy looking at their good life thinking it will go on without any help from them ;)

Thomas Windom and John Brunner like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yup. The frog in the pot of water as the heat is slowly turned up to boiling.

5. John Brunner

But the perverse thing is their lives are not really all that good. I think many people are highly dissatisfied because they have all the trappings of riches. But this external orientation and validation is less than satisfying...it is destined to fail.

6. Denise Evans

Registered

That's a pretty close comparison but I feel much sorrier for the poor little frog that allow meaningless things to take up all the space in their brains.

John Houlihan likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

You mean like a child that's given everything and appreciates nothing, and probably because he actually see's there is no satisfaction in "things" if that's supposedly the most important thing in life. He/she is longing for something else, to fill the emptiness he feels. I sure get that anyway, yes I like to eat, and have some clothes on my back and a roof over my head, and some dollars to spend/blow, but it's meaningless without the other things that are not material.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

And back to Trump... I've been reading that with his recent criminal charges his polls have gone UP. Also that if he is elected before any trial starts all those 37 charges will go away.

DeSantis as much as said he would pardon Trump if he is convicted. It was interesting to read what the other GOP candidates had to say about Trump's criminal charges. Chris Christie has really shown his true colors; he needs to go away. It's not like he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning the nomination. :rolleyes:

9. Denise Evans

Registered

I heard De Santis say he would be doing some pardoning but I didn't know he meant Trump. I hope he doesn't need to since I think Trump will get in, I guess I should say I sure hope he does. I hope you're right about Christie. I saw Pence "rallying" and wonder how far he'll get, I would not vote for Pence, I think he was just biding his time as VP and was supporting whatever he had to in order to keep his post. I think he might believe he can get the conservative christians vote but I was never convinced of his "wonderfulness". Seemed a little to good to be true.

Vada Bloom and John Brunner like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Walter was certainly a liar, but everybody believed him since they had been trained to trust the MSM then. I haven't heard anything bad about the two NBC guys yet. Dan Rather probably was the worst of the well-known broadcasters as is demonstrated by the quote.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

Well I'm glad I was young and innocent back there when old Walter was spouting lies and the peacock was still showing up on NBC and Walt Disney was actually a good program to watch those were the days long gone

12. John Brunner

When I was a kid, I fished in the pond on Eric Sevareid's summer place in Marshall VA (about 50 miles west of DC.) Back in the 60s it was waaaayyyyy out in the country. A family friend's father was "caretaker" for the place (meaning in addition to his real job, he cut the grass and made sure no one was squatting in it.)

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Trump's latest rally in Erie, Pennsylvania set an attendance record for the arena there. Trump drew more people than Elton John or Alan Jackson. Erie has always been a Democrat stronghold and has voted for Democrats in Presidential races for as long as I can remember.

Strange goings-on surround the drowning of Obama's personal chef (Clinton's chef also drowned) and the 911 call was late and not fully documented. The location that was documented was incorrect. I wonder what is being covered up there? Perhaps we will never know.

The Secret Service has denied a FOIA request from the Heritage foundation regarding who had access to the White House area where the cocaine was found. The reply stated that that was covered under the Presidential Records Act. Hmmmm. Yet another coverup as a principal witness scheduled to appear before the House Oversight Committee who was scheduled to begin a year-long prison sentence on an unrelated issue has had his date of imprisonment moved forward to the day before his scheduled appearance.

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  14. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Vivek speaks out about Trump’s latest indictment.

He’s also suing the DOJ for records.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ramaswamy-sues-doj-files-fresh-004621038.html

“Ramaswamy, who’s running against Trump for the GOP nomination, said the indictments against Trump “selectively omit relevant facts and law” and argued “the corrupt federal police won’t stop until they’ve achieved their mission: eliminate Trump.”

According to the new filing, Ramaswamy’s campaign submitted a FOIA request in June seeking “documents and records in DOJ’s possession related to the decision to bring a federal criminal indictment” against Trump, after the former president was indicted on charges related to his handling of classified materials, following a separate DOJ investigation.

“The Campaign accordingly brings this suit to compel DOJ to immediately respond to the Campaign’s FOIA request and promptly disclose all responsive, non-exempt records,” the complaint reads. Ramaswamy’s team said he’s also filing a new FOIA request for similar communications related to the new Jan. 6 indictment.”

15. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok this is something totally new, one nominee helping another, did I read that right?? Hate to sound negative but maybe Vivek feels he can't beat Trump so maybe VP?? That wouldn't be a bad thing at all imo. I gotta admit I was pretty moved to trust the guy in what and how he said it, thanks for sharing it @Thomas Windom

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023