Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't recall anything like this being done to Perot. He was Clinton's ticket to the White House, and Republicans aren't bright enough to pull something off like this persecution even if they had the guts to do so. So many voters thought Perot was a Conservative/Libertarian when in fact he was a life-long Democrat voter and supporter until he thought he might be able to gain the White House. He was, after all, the one who said he saw no future for computers in people's homes. Lots on insight there.

John Brunner and Vada Bloom like this.
  2. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If you go view the 1992 Presidential Debates which can still be found on YouTube, people who aren't already bought and paid for by the duopoly can easily see that Perot was the same kind of "threat" as Trump is today.

I was present in the audience for this one:

3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

He was seen as an outsider that the mainstream didn't want, but he was not sued, and prosecuted for imaginary crimes like Trump has been, nor was anything done to Perot's family as has been done to Trump's.

Marie Mallery and Vada Bloom like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

How refreshing to see how people used to behave. Makes me nostalgic.

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I thought Perot did not actually want to be president. He just didn't want Bush to be.
    He shot himself in the foot with his VP pick-- a good man but not capeable for the job.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We had just moved onto property in 1998, so didn't pay much attention to politics until after the election.
    I did like Perot.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

If you have watched some of the MSM lately, they are absolutely apoplectic over the Supreme Court accepting the Smith prosecution but putting it on their calendar, not complying with his wishes! They requested an expedited hearing, bypassing the entire appeals process, then complain terribly about it when it derails their use of the legal system (lawfare?) against Trump. Whatshername on MSNBC claims that if Trump gets elected, he will never leave the office. How stupid is that? Dems have been claiming stuff like that for decades and it never comes true. How sad for our nation....

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Perhaps you don't remember the debates?

Perot's treatment was covered in the video above, right from the horse's mouth.

Of course since I was there maybe I remember it better.

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I would have voted for Perot if I had thought he had the slightest chance of winning.

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

He couldn't win without votes. :D

11. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Really been enjoying the Trump Rally in Virginia. Seems like he is taking a lot of States and I'm wondering if he goes all the way, which I'm believing he will, will he then be able to stop these mocked up charges they've put on him? I just don't know how this will work, but I believe there is a way, I just don't know it.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

Trump is the Boogey Man to the Left, they are messing in their panties, I mean, put yourself in their shoes not their panties though LOL!! They could be finished if we all stand behind and with Trump. He is inspiring to me, he's got more guts then anyone I've ever seen or heard in my time on Earth. He doesn't know the meaning of quit! He's a true Alpha Male and I'm damn glad we have him.

He said so much at this rally I didn't know about, especially about the Green New Deal plans, he calls it the Green New Scam!!

13. Denise Evans

Registered

I tried to think of who I see/hear speak that would be someone I think could fill Trump's shoes, if anything happened where his VP would have to step in. I can't think of one single person, male or female that I think would be a great President. We not only need President Trump, we need a great VP as well, what do you all think?? :rolleyes: I do understand after kamal-toes almost anybody would be better, but I just don't want better than her or Pence, I want a great VP!!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump had a poll asking for opinions on who his VP should be and why. We don't just need a good person who makes Trump happy. We need an honest person who can stand up to the slings and arrows of the opposition which will continually try to wear them down. I like Vivek. He wants to make America what his family came here to find. Peace, opportunity for himself and his family, and freedom. I don't agree with absolutely everything he says but he listens and. when needed, can come out fighting bare knuckled. He understands running companies (government is like a big convoluted company), the law and how to cut waste. He would be a good help mate and then be able to carry on after the next Trump term is up. I even think he could get along with Trump, biding his time.:rolleyes:

Jenna Parnellson and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

I've yet to see what is really good about Tim Scott being considered as someone that could take over should have should Trump not be able to continue for any reason I see that he's a good friend to president Trump but as president of the United States I just can't see Tim Scott. He's just maybe too good a guy you know not an alpha male I keep saying that ever since I heard Kerry lake say it and I think we need a fighter in there a real fighter I vote for Vivek before I would Tim Scott I'll say that much at this point I like Tulsi gabbard, but I'll say only at this point I heard her speak once only at CPAC I don't know much else about her except that she was and still is in the military which is to me an excellent attribute I think that's the right word I just feel I need somebody that inspires me and that I can look up to I've never thought that much about the VP but after Kamala I can tell you I'm going to really be paying attention who Trump picks for VP because there's always a chance that VP is going to become president I just heard president Trump say that while being interviewed by that gal from Fox the blonde I can't think of her name now Laura ingraham I think is her name Ingram and that's exactly what president Trump said after I had thought of it an hour ago when I first posted this but I think president Trump is really looking to pick someone that he knows could carry on if anything happened to him I pray to God that nothing happens to president Trump but we never know

Mary Stetler likes this.