Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think I see @Ed Marsh post on another forum that I sometimes read on. This person uses another username but the words he uses are almost identical. I haven't joined there because those people are nuts. :eek:
    :D

2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

:(

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So….for your type of class, 1+1=2 because I said so? So much for the mindset of a teacher.

Although, I do suppose when you teach mythology all of your professional career, if ya can’t dazzle ‘em with brilliance then ya just gotta baffle ‘em with BS.

Question:
    Why is it that you only come on board to tell us again and again how you feel about D. Trump but can offer nothing else on any of the other topics?
    Even with what you do have to offer, you assume that everyone here is stupid and cannot form their own opinions cultivated by research so you just throw out a lot of adjectives and that’s it.
    To be truthful, that doesn’t show anyone the type of intellectual being that you pretty much pretend to be.

Oh yeah, from the information I gathered on YouTube, Loki got his butt whipped by the Hulk. Yup, now I are smart.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
    Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    Bobby, with all due respect, I can't tell what the hell you are trying to say here.
    If I ever did teach basic math, I'd teach 1+1 = 2 because that's true.
    And I never taught mythology- I taught literature and composition.

And to be honest again, I did have my moments of brilliance.

good day to all- Ed

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

1+1=2 is indeed true but but if you did teach math, would you tell us why the equation is fact or simply state it as fact because you said so? WHY IS IT A FACT!

Is not composition and literature comprised mostly of myths ergo mythology?

Prove to us that you have moments of brilliance by being an educator instead of wasting bandwidth with the same crap over and over.
    Prove that you’re just not some internet troll who wanders about writing the same words about the same person as if it’s the only thing you have an opinion on.

How’s the weather where you are Ed? Dunno…Orange Man bad.

Note and edit:
    Perhaps it’s just the way I was raised because when I was younger, I absolutely did have more than one occasion to have to outright nail someone.
    When those times came about, I would have to stand before whatever leadership was around including my dad and explain EXACTLY why I did it.
    I couldn’t say, “because I think he’s a creep or he’s an idiot”; I’d have to give a full satisfactory explanation or else I’d get my own butt beat by said leadership AND my dad.
    All that said, to this day I am very careful about knowing why I have an opinion and also able and very willing to explain that opinion.

Too bad Ed and a couple of others can’t manage to explain things instead of insinuating that everyone is too stupid to understand.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
    Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-

Bobby, I would like to meet you some day. I expect that we would disagree about many things- especially anything political in nature, but I would like to determine if there might be anything we find agreeable.

And the weather where I am right now is quite warm- thank you for inquiring.

And no, only some literature is composed of mythology, and NO composition is composed of mythology- just hard, plain facts of effective communication.

And as far as the specific point of this whole set of posts- if a person is not capable of seeing what a vile, destructive and very dangerous person the loser of the last election is, then it just might be that we can never agree on much. From his horrible handling of the COVID prevention and actions to mitigate the disease, to his "beautiful wall" at the border, to his pushing of "beautiful coal", to his encouraging his deluded followers to invade Congress and commit a coup to keep him in power- the former occupant of the White House deserves scorn and a good long term in federal custody. The world would be a better place.

good day to all- Ed

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh, let's not bring Hillary into it.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

One thing that most people forget is that when Trump campaigned against Hillary, he said he didn’t know everything but if something came up that he didn’t know, he would consult with the experts, hence the covid response and the response to ISIS.
    Now with that, he could have insisted that the pharm companies come up with a vaccine and we’d have to pay out of pocket for the jab on top of taxpayer funded research, but that didn’t happen did it?

So far as the wall goes, there were and are pieces and parts of walls and fences all along the border wayyyyy before D. Trump ever committed to building a wall instead of all the pieces and parts.
    Beyond the wall, since the 2020 election we have had more illegal immigrants cross the border than any other time in the history of the United States and we know that open borders isn’t just Biden’s idea.

Coal? So, Obama had much of the coal mining stopped and Hillary guaranteed that she would make sure that it came to an end no matter how many people it put out of work and how much money we’d have to spend on utilities and services that coal provides.
    The Biden administration is just a continuance of that thought process but during the Trump administration, everyone in the coal mining industry went to work as well as those on the Keystone Pipeline.
    You aren’t against people having less expensive utilities and people working are you?

Jan 6? Show me exactly where D. Trump insisted on a physical insurrection of the Capital.
    Trump already knew that Cruz and other congresspersons were going to challenge key electors which is absolutely Constitutionally valid if there is a questionable outcome.
    Of course, you will never admit that there were Democrat insurrectionists in the crowd who played a large part in how people reacted at the Capital even when it has been proven that they were there.
    They were all MAGA folks right?

So far as meeting, my own younger brother is wayyyy left and feels much the same as you do and we get along just fine. I will not allow politics to be a subject of conversation because he too cannot give valid reasons for his hatred plus the fact that he hasn’t lived in the U.S. for around 30 years so we talk about other things.

9. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

:) LOL

10. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good afternoon to all-

This is my last post on this specific discussion.
    I respect the opinions of others even if I don't agree. I would like to think I could expect the same treatment by others- but that doesn't often happen on this site. that's why I am not a regular here.

I will never accept any sort of excuse for Donald Trump and his selfish, misdirected, and profoundly ignorant actions while he was in office. He was born to power and influence and he has never done anything to help anyone else, He sees others as valuable only if they give him unquestioning loyalty- no matter what his actions are

I will continue to oppose Donald Trump in every way I can.

Last post.

good afternoon to all- Ed

11. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This (the bolded part above) is why it is important to have discussions because that is either a bald faced lie or incredibly ignorant. Even a brief read of his accomplishments, which I have referenced twice, would have clearly demonstrated the falseness of that statement. This is the perfect example of “ignorance is bliss” allowing one to go merrily about their way, hating someone for the sheer gratification it provides.

12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think every time another charge is brought against Trump while the Bidens get away with anything from bribery to extortion to violations of national security and get a pass on it, it makes those who pay attention aware that the justice system is weaponized. Biden keeping classified documents in his garage while VP is no big deal, but Trump keeping them under lock and key is a big crime.

13. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, the only question is, will enough people stand up for what they know is right and vote "against" the real criminals which appears to me they have enough evidence against the bidens to put them in jail. Atleast we can still vote instead of literally taking up arms and dethroning the bunch of them. I just hope the "vote" will still do it. Our DOJ, FBI, hopefully not our military leaders, and more all seem to be "working for" the bidens, not the people of the US, at least not the ones with BIG money :(

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My concern is whether it even matters how we vote anymore. After the last election, I'm afraid our elections are as meaningless as our votes.

15. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I sure hear that I wonder the same thing