Trump To Stand Criminal Trial

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Richard Whiting, May 23, 2023.

1. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good evening to all-
    Ms. Gallagher- With all due respect to you and your opinion, there is no "big picture" here. tRump is finally being brought to account for his bad behavior in business and politics and life. The former occupant is a felon, and even those who support him cannot deny that. He was found guilty on all counts in this case by a jury of common people who heard the evidence, deliberated, and came to a unanimous decision.

And those who hate tRump have plenty of very good reasons to feel that way. He is a very bad individual in every way.

folks, we can do better.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Mary Robi likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Ed--most on this forum know that I am not a Trump supporter. I find the man detestable; he's a walking ego with less self control than a 6 year old. That said, I am a conservative and I believe this trial was nothing more than a political stunt. The democrats sink to new depths in their underhanded methods and their desperation is showing.

Promoting a senile old fool to bring the country down to new depths is not what I want, so yes... we can definitely do better. There needs to be a total revamp of how our leaders are selected because the current method is obviously not working, as evidenced by the two individuals that we will be forced to choose from this November (assuming that Biden makes it that long.) It's almost tragic.

Last edited: May 30, 2024
    Lee Brown and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I can understand fully that Republicans can think this is all a political stunt except for one thing: the man is a criminal. He will be found guilty, or hung jury on all the cases. Why? Because he is indeed guilty. It reminds me of a highway, where everyone is speeding. An officer stops one of the speeders, gives him a ticket. The man is outraged. "I was just following the traffic, why am I being picked on? Everyone else is doing it." Yes, but, Mr. Trump, you got caught.

So, while I understand outcry that these trials are against Trump I say "Yes, you are right. It is because he is actually guilty as charged, just like the speeder on the highway."

4. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

I found the World a safer place under Trump.

5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

History shows me that those who abuse their power lose everything in the end. The hardest part for me is waiting for their end to come.

6. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My knee-jerk reaction to recent events is that New York, and in particular Manhattan, isn't part of the US at all. Not that the feeling is new, just far more reinforced than ever. We have serious rot and corruption within. It seems to emanate from the favorable environment it finds among the gullible and easily-played populations of major cities who've been bought off with bread and circuses.

7. Lee Brown

Lee Brown Active Member
    Registered

Beth,

I don't necessarily like Trump either. When he was President, I always thought he was a loud mouth buffoon and that Twitter was his worst enemy. Well, that proved to be correct.

And we do need better candidates to be chosen. Absolutely! But the voters have to select them...unless the Democrats and Republicans go to a system like what the Libertarian Party uses. And maybe the voters are the problem. Voters (myself included) need to better educate themselves about the candidates other than through social networking sites and the legacy media outlets. There are other websites and sources such as Ballotpedia and C-SPAN (C-SPAN doesn't edit videos like the legacy media networks do). Anyway it's too late to select anybody else...for either party...unless it is done at the conventions.

As you say this trial was a political stunt. Correction. It wasn't just a stunt. It was PERSECUTION...regardless of what Ed says in another post elsewhere. As it has been pointed out, the Uniparty (Democrats and a healthy percentage of Republicans) has been out to get Trump from the day he came down the escalator announcing is candidacy for the 2016 election.

And if you really think about it, this country cannot afford four more years of the cognitively challenged individual currently occupying the White House. Even though he is a buffoon, Trump could pass a cognitive test (ever notice how Biden's handlers refuse to allow him to take one). And during Trump's entire tenure as President (January 2017 to January 2021), prices/inflation only rose a grand total of just under 8% (2% more or less per year). Under Biden, the grand total of inflation just from January 2021 to April 2024 is almost 20%. Just think. Under Biden's economic policies and/ or executive orders, what $100 could buy in January 2021 would take roughly $120 in April 2024. And these numbers can be proven from government data here: https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm.

So you people that hate Trump for no other reason other than he is Trump, just remember how much it costs you to get by now under Biden's regime.

And Beth, unless you are a proponent of open borders, just keep in mind how many people have crossed over into this country from Mexico illegally under Biden's administration. And it was not as bad as it is when Trump was President.

So whether he's guilty or not guilty of a crime, as far as I'm concerned, I hope Trump wins come November.

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I appreciate your comments but you are preachin' to the choir. I never supported Biden and I never would. I do not support open borders; what a ridiculous concept. I am a conservative, not a Republican.

Tom Galty likes this.
  9. Lee Brown

Lee Brown Active Member
    Registered

Okay I understand. My post was that of being in agreement with yours and the reasons why. Any misunderstanding is purely on me and I apologize for it.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

No problem and no need for apologies, Lee. You are a good fit here and it's nice to have some lively conversation.