Trump To Stand Criminal Trial

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Richard Whiting, May 23, 2023.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That'll be tough. Standing on principle goes against the grain of too many elected Republicans - just enough, anyhow. While Democrats vote in concert on every issue that is important to them, there are always just enough Republicans willing to vote with the Democrats to keep the GOP from actively and effectively governing. Look at the slate of contestants for the GOP presidential nomination. Except for Ramaswamy, they were all willing to talk about Trump's interference in the last election (after the fact) while none of them would suggest that the election was stolen by the Democrats. Republicans are good at attacking fellow Republicans, but timid when it comes to actually doing anything to interfere with the Democrat agenda.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

You're right Ken, well said and I understand it to be true when I thought about what you say, it sunk in. Funny how I can live in lala land and think "we" republicans and/or conservatives will stand together, it's just not true. No matter our labels, right/left, whatever, I wonder why it seems that most (and enough) dems stick together. Maybe they are just more like stupid sheep that will follow anyone of their own kind, even biden.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  3. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    Or perhaps Democrats stick together to oppose the conservative agenda because Democrats have just a little bit more decency and intelligence about them..
    Anyone- even politicians- who could blindly stand in line for most of the things that conservative today are putting forth- well, those folks are past being "stupid sheep".
    Maybe they are just plain evil.

Oh, and by the way- it was pleasant seeing the former occupant's mug shot- now, isn't that a thing to be proud of for his supporters.

you all be safe and keep well

4. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Next election the conservatives might get some help from independents. It seems some are actually paying attention and are concerned about the Bidens' influence peddling to countries around the world for large sums of money.

Of course, Democrats won't care about that. Many are as corrupt as their senile leader.

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Way to go Ed. Keep insulting people here, defining them as indecent because they believe different than you do, calling them stupid sheep. You have nothing to contribute but your hate for anything Trump. Why don’t you just ONCE try to engage with people who think differently from yourself? Hmmm? Afraid you might learn something? I have come to the conclusion you are nothing but a troll.

Also Ed, do you know what that makes you when you define an individual by what group they belong to? It makes you a bigot. Proud of yourself?.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

This is all so wrong with what they are being allowed to do to President Trump, especially after the horrific things have been, and I'll say "accomplished" by biden in his entire career. Not to mention Obama, hillary, Fauci, the leftist liberals with their crimes against children, ad infinitum

I know that there's no one in America that hasn't had a hand in the downfall of America, even if all they did was look the other way, I know I'm guilty of it. I guess I wanted to believe maybe the bible wasn't true, but it seems to be coming more true every day

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good evening to all-
    Thomas- In my last message, I made absolutely no mention of anyone on this forum- nothing I said referred to any specific person or persons on this forum. And I never called anyone "stupid sheep"- a poster who came before my words did that
    And engaging with people who think differently than I do is something I do every day. And when I am treated with respect and consideration, that's exactly how I respond to those with differing opinions.,
    And Thomas, your opinion of me as a "troll" means nothing at all. You can think what you want.
    And if opposing the former occupant and his supporters makes me a "bigot" I can live with that, and I can live with that proudly.

I will oppose the former occupant and his supporters in any legal way I can

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

8. Ken Anderson

There's no point in getting upset just because someone disagrees with you, and I'm talking to both sides here.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Thomas Windom

Registered

‘You said, “Anyone- even politicians- who could blindly stand in line for most of the things that conservative today are putting forth- well, those folks are past being "stupid sheep".”

You know very well what the opinions are of many folks here. You can try and worm your way out of it but throwing out insults broadly to include your audience is still an insult. Own up to it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-

Thomas- if my telling the truth insults you, then I admit to the insult. But I will still keep telling the truth. And if the truth as I see it insults you, perhaps the problem lies with you and not me.

And as far as "what the opinions are of many folks here" goes- if all you want to hear is your own opinion echoed again and again, then this is not a forum- it's a cheering section.

And if what I say insults you- and I keep my statements as decent and polite as possible- and I pinpoint my "insults" and don't make broad statements- then I guess we'll both have to live with the situation. I won't stop stating the truth as I see it no matter who is insulted. It's the matter of of my words, not the manner of my words, that stings some people.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

11. Denise Evans

Registered

What in the world is going on?? I've always heard that every person accused of a crime (6th amendment) has a right to a "speedy trial"?? March 24, 2024 is speedy?? I don't know about this news source at all, but it started coming to me regarding the fires in my area:

The article also says it's just before super-Tuesday, I don't know where this is going to end, or if it ever will, but President Trump doesn't seem to have anyone that can come to his aid in this :( I'm disgusted with this country. We are ALL responsible (save a few of our "fighters") whether you want to say so or not.

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/28/1196309946/trump-trial-jan-6

12. Ken Anderson

They arrest his attorneys,

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Your opinions are not necessarily truths in that to you, a personal characterization absent from empirical fact is indeed a truth but not The truth.
    Like your characterization of those who are ardent D. Trump followers. You call them names and have little regard for them nor their feelings which to me, leaves your own character deeply in question.

There’s a vast difference between having an opinion and fact. No matter how educated that opinion might be. an opinion is simply a personal view and probably based on emotion and nothing more.
    No matter how strongly you may feel about Trump or anything else, again, a personal opinion still isn’t as strong as having a full knowledge absent from emotions.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Please, let's reach down deep within ourselves and find a way to discuss these things without personal attacks.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Thomas Windom

Registered

Personally, I’m not really interested in anyone’s opinion. I’m interested in knowledge, truth, dialectic. What you say does not offend or insult me. It irritates me that you just glibly throw out an opinion and then run off, offering no evidence for it other than your opinion. Also, personally, I don’t think you would recognize the truth if it hit you across the face. I respect people who argue a position and who can actually teach me something. One of the main ways we learn something once we get out of school, or outside of job training, is when we’re proven wrong. Every time one is proven wrong, one learns something. If one refuses to engage in dialectic, to be proven wrong, or have their knowledge validated, then they are stuck in mere belief with no room to increase knowledge.