Trump To Stand Criminal Trial

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Richard Whiting, May 23, 2023.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Because the majority of those on the left aren't able to justify their positions or opinions with anything that resembles common sense or reason, they devote their energies toward banning dissenting opinions or even facts.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Refer to the posted in Pollical Memes re: Frederick Douglass.

3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The strange gag order placed on Trump has been lifted by an appeals court, it "raised serious legal and constitutional questions". Trump also won an apparent judicial review of the Georgia voting machines as being insecure and perhaps are not secure enough to be usable.

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I believe he also won the case (or blocked efforts) regarding keeping his name off of the ballot n Michigan.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I so hope you're right about that John I'm getting sick of the way they're able to get away with breaking law after law, thanks for the good news once again, Denise

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

Trump to remain on Michigan ballot after judge rejects another 14th Amendment challenge
    CNN
    Nov 14, 2023

A Michigan judge on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit that tried to use the 14th Amendment’s “insurrectionist ban” to remove Donald Trump from the state’s 2024 ballot.

This is not about Trump. This is about Democrats destroying anything that stands between them and power, including our election system. And the media repeats the mantra that Republicans "disenfranchise" voters by enforcing voting laws.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

It seems the only things that Democrats are able to do anymore like cheat sneak and steal because they're unable to do their thing within the law any longer not and survive as a quote un quote "party".

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

And Republicans just sit back and watch. Democrats constantly fight for their agenda, while Republican "leadership" takes a "why bother" stance if victory is not assured.

The only thing behaviour can guarantee is defeat, and Republicans do little more than just show up.

9. Denise Evans

Registered

But the Republicans I see fighting John are speaking the truth and they are at least much more moral and law-abiding than the Democrats liberals are not from morality and most liberals that I've heard speak are absolutely not for God at all there they stand for everything that is immoral and wrong so there are some bad Republicans of course there's bad people in every group that will do nothing but the ones I see doing things are at least doing the right thanks and I do mean the people that are on the right side because we are at on sides and I don't think anybody should be half-assed about it but a lot of people are they want to be in the middle they don't want to take sides and those are the people that are causing a lot of our issues

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No, the Republicans squabble among themselves and call each other names. Very effective leadership.

John Brunner and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I think Trump has won most if not all of the court cases that are actually heard. There are reports in the media that he loses, but those are cases that are not heard, either because the judges are jaded and biased, or they are afraid of what will happen if they enforce the law, or try to make others do so.

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

After all appeals are exhausted, I believe we will see that Trump stands convicted of nothing. None of this legal grandstanding is intended to address criminality. It is simply propaganda wrapped in litigation. It is designed to keep a negative image of Trump in front of as many people for as long as they can. This has nothing to do with criminal conduct. It has everything to do with trying to keep Trump from running or from being elected. Period. $0.02.

13. John Brunner

I read that Trump's lawyer's request for a mistrial in the civil fraud case was denied by the presiding judge.

Politico article

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, we are dealing with "humans" here so maybe AI wouldn't be such a bad idea, except for the fact "humans" are doing the creating, not a reliable endorsement:rolleyes:

15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Of course it was. He is the presiding judge. Will have to go to appeals. More stress, time and money.