Trump To Stand Criminal Trial

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Richard Whiting, May 23, 2023.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

A ray of hope and sanity?

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m confused.
    Beyond the nit picking, we have a judge who placed a gag order on Trump and his lawyer but meanwhile was providing links referencing the Trump case in a school newsletter?
    To me, that would constitute a mistrial.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

With Trump, it's more opportunity for the corrupt and incompetent to "out" themselves.

4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't blame many of our "right side" folks for not participating more, and actually "show" which side they're on, when they do share. I'd like to get their paycheck for just raising their hand to vote.

Every group of people seems to be like that imo. You take a group of 30 humans, and maybe 5 actually participate, the rest sit on their asses warming the benches. Why do the rest of us sit back and say nothing?? I can't say we really have anything to add, let alone "judge" others, or complain. Just like me, I like to sit back and read the news coming from others here. They're actually participating in news gathering and I rarely want to even look. I'm warming my part of the bench :rolleyes:

5. Denise Evans

Registered

I meant to quote your other, recent post @John Brunner , sorry bout that :(

John Brunner likes this.
  6. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Funny story, can’t remember if I read it here or on another forum. Anyway, some junior associate had used Chat GTP to build a case to argue which he had been assigned. When it got to trial, it soon became clear there was a problem. None of the cases cited as legal precedence existed. The A.I. had created them as pure fiction, then used them as the basis for arguing the case. Judge threw out the case of course.

It would have been interesting to see the instructions the associate used when instructing the A.I. For example, did he ask it to argue a defense using established statues and case law? Or did he ask it to develop a winning argument for the case? You have to be careful what you ask for.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

I really don't want AI taking over the world, that would be probably way worse than humans running the show ;) Very interesting post/article you read @Thomas Windom There's always those that want to use new things, like computers, robots, for bad things. You can't keep things that were meant for the good of the people out of the wrong hands :(

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

See, there's an example of a Republican standing up for what's right/Truth (I so hope this bill passes) so I refuse to blame anything on ALL Republicans, or even imply they are worthless.

I really believe in focusing on the good that's being done, or the good many are working towards. I especially love hidden parts of bills being revealed because there's always a hidden agenda that we the people aren't told about, and I've noticed that most in the "lefts" bills they want to pass.

I "hear" there are actually good democrats as well, but I had to laugh outloud when I heard Schummer standing against anti-semitism, wondering what ulterior motive that guy has :rolleyes:
    Thank you @Mary Stetler for sharing the video. I just don't believe, and no one will convince me, the main purpose of the biden administration is to destroy President Trump, or at the very least, his rights as an American, especially his right to run again for 2024 election.

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Amen!

Mary Stetler and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Well, I can see both sides. The Dems would have spent even more money and a larger than ever package of our borrowed money would have gone to Ukraine. I would have liked to see the Republicans do something positive though instead of just stopping Democrat nonsense.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

I think republicans in the House are battling as hard as they can, just most of them it looks to me, like I said, just warming the seats. If I was in there I would be so tired of the democrat opposition, and how could they be so wrong to support biden plus all the other other "crimes against America" with their big money-providers paying off the money-worshipping people and the flat-out loonatics! We left the doors open, and the snakes got in:rolleyes:

There's people in our House and Senate that have out-lived their usefulness on both sides, term limits, I'm all for that, and if they. Or maybe a giant weed-eater.

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The judge picked by the Democrats to try the Jan 6 trail against Trump just postponed the trial beyond the date that the Special Prosecutor chose (Super Tuesday) in an attempt to keep Trump off the campaign trail and in court. Actually she just ruled that the appeals process must be complete before the trial can proceed. The Special Prosecutor--a political activist for Biden--demanded that the Supreme Court rule on the case before his selected date. That is unheard of and very unlikely in any case. Apparently both Biden and DeSantis are very disappointed in this development.

14. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

This is just foolishness. Congress had a hearing yesterday where they played part of the tapes and this Big guy in a red hat, Ray somebody, was calling for breaking into the Capital. The FBI knew who he was and He was never arrested. But still many are in prison without a hearing.
    Another section of tape showed Trump calling for a peaceful march on the Capital.:mad: .