1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Not in the United States because it wasn't in existence yet, but in the area that was to become the United States. We probably would have thought they talked funny, though. For those who are interested:
    1. George Washington: Pope's Creek, Westmoreland County, Virginia (February 22, 1732)
    2. John Adams: Braintree (Quincy), Massachusetts (October 30, 1735)
    3. Thomas Jefferson: Shadwell, Goochland (Albemarle) County, Virginia (April 13, 1743)
    4. James Madison: Port Conway, Virginia (March 16, 1751)
    5. James Monroe: Westmoreland County, Virginia (April 28, 1758)
    6. John Quincy Adams: Braintree (Quincy), Massachusetts (July 11, 1767)
    7. Andrew Jackson: Waxhaw, South Carolina (March 15, 1767)

2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

People in America love foreign accents as long as they can understand them. I doubt Melania will be doing much talking because Trump always calls on his daughter Ivanka (2nd from the right wearing white). She's very well spoken and professional and works with her father so he probably feels comfortable with her answering questions. I've heard Melania answer an interviewers question and she sounded intelligent, had common sense, and kind.

I heard all the candidates speak on Face the Nation this morning and no one is planning to leave (well Bush of course). In fact, they all think they're doing well…even Carson and Kasich.

29AC979D00000578-3126728-image-m-8_1434475547145.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Now here's one for the ladies, or guys if the guys are into what the 1st lady of the White House does.
    Nearly all of the 1st Lady's of the White House have had some kind of initiative they had as a pet project. Hillary with Hillary care, Michelle screwing up school lunches, others with personal foundations, homeless children initiatives, selling war bonds etc.

If Donald were to be elected into the big office, what pray tell would Donald Trumps wife do? Decorate the White House as Jackie Kennedy did? Work as an ambassador as Adam's wife did? Or maybe just lay around in the rose garden with a bikini on making sure the sun isn't too hot in this age of global warming. Yeah, that would be a good job. She could give live reports from the garden on CSpan.

Finally we guys might just get interested in what the 1st lady does, because after all, it would be our duty to do so.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

From Wikipedia:
    In 2015, asked about her husband's presidential campaign, Melania said, "I encouraged him because I know what he will do and what he can do for America. He loves the American people and he wants to help them."[29] When asked by The New York Times what her role would be if Trump were to become president, Melania replied: “I would be very traditional. Like Betty Ford or Jackie Kennedy. I would support him.”[5]

5. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I think Melania is coming along fine with her English. She's from Slovenia and became an American citizen in 2006. She designs watches and jewelry so she's very creative and artistic. She's very good with children and insisted on being a hands-on mother. So, my point is that she's not a slacker. She'll add enough to her role….maybe in the arts, maybe with children, but being supportive of her husband is the top priority and she seems to have her priorities in order.

Below, she speaks in 2011 (1st video) and currently with Barbara Walters (2nd video) …

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  6. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmmm... that's very interesting, @Martin Alonzo ... and when I think of what the implications of "who was behind 911" might possibly mean, it's a bit alarming, isn't it? I have a feeling that means it would be a very close ally of the U.S. that no one has wanted to "out" for fear of souring relations. Do you get the same impression?

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  7. Mari North

Registered

Traditional sounds good when I think back over... well, skip that. hehe NOT going there. :) I think Laura was traditional, as was her mother-in-law. Nancy Reagan was more verbal, but it was very needed. I don't remember much about Betty Ford at all... Jackie... who didn't love the elegance that Jackie brought to the white house? Elegant, but also very smart... not just window dressing, so to speak.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm watching the morning news right now and listening to the Commentator's take on the Candidates. etc. There's so much sensationlism and exaggeration of everyone and everything now days that I feel the media has to take some responsibility too for all the mess we are in.

9. Mari North

Registered

I'll overlook that last remark. You can thank me later. :confused: @Bobby Cole See, that's what... uh. Yeah, I'll overlook that.

I would think that Mrs.Trump's pet project might be literacy on some level... most likely something to do with language since it's a subject she's familiar with and near to her. I can also see her working with children's issues.

Since you mentioned the current First Lady, I will say that the thing I will always remember her most for was embarrassing her beautiful daughters in front of the world by saying they needed to lose weight. Any respect I may have had (NOT saying there was much or any ;) ) was gone after that.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I can tell you one thing...Melania is an accomplished woman in her own right but she also is a smart woman who realizes her husband needs to be "top dog" in their relationship and public life. And I believe that Donald Trump recognizes and appreciates her accomplishments and intelligence and will encourage her to use her gifts in the White House. This couple as a team could do a lot of good to help right some wrongs in America...especially if Trump can learn some self control in certain areas.

Mari North likes this.
  11. Mari North

Registered

Yes... but just so it's self-control and NOT catering to and caving in to what others think he should be. If he stops speaking his mind to kiss up to what others think he should be, he suddenly won't be any better than the rest of the puppets. :( I think Trump knows this... as soon as he "pipes down" then the "oh, he's being bought and he's been shut up!" talk will start. I have a feeling he has much more of a handle on this than we realize.

I guess that old saying of "accept our brothers and sisters just as they are unconditionally" flies out the window and doesn't apply when there's a life to control and mold. :mad:

12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe if he lives to be president they will be transparency in the white house. If the government lies to the people nothing is done about it but if you lie to a public official it is a felony. I think people are ready to hear the truth and what the people in power are hiding. Even a lot of the government does not know what they are passing into law until after they sign it. There is just too many secrets. GO DONALD

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think any of us will have to worry about Trump catering or caving in. This man did not get where he is by doing that and I do believe that with all he has been through he has gained some wisdom. And he has proved he certainly knows how to push people's buttons...but does he have control over which buttons he pushes? That's one of my questions.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Betty Ford's focus was on drug and alcohol treatment programs, including the Betty Ford Centers and the "just say no" campaign.

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think Trump has a very good looking family, I especially like his daughter Ivanka. And yes, his wife is very attractive but she really isn't that young. (45) so not like some 20 yr old trophy wife. She also has a degree in architecture and interior design I think, plus speaks several languages which is definetly a plus. If she does become First Lady I'm sure she'll find her calling.

Sheldon Scott and Lara Moss like this.