1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Another thing I'll mention then be quiet til I get another brain-storm, is that why don't we have Presidents anymore that served in our military. I don't think anyone should be able to send men off to fight, and very, possibly killed, without knowing that president would do the same himself. It's like they can't know one of the most important experiences to know as a president, unless they served themselves:(

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Had to bring mine in because of the wind, too... always hate doing that for whatever reason it becomes necessary... I like it to be flying high. But anyhow... you said "I think that something just might be happening", @Bobby Cole Did you mean the "non-politician" Trump issue alone, or other things as well?

Do you think Condi would ever run with Trump as Veep? (Just thinking aloud here.) Or is even she too much of a politician? I asked someone that a week or so ago in another thread, or maybe even this long one. If it was you and you already answered, forgive me. I'm more disjointed than usual today.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We did that with Ronald Reagan.

I like the idea of a civilian leadership, but not that the leadership needs to be restricted to civilians. Several people have advanced the idea of requiring military service for presidential candidates but, while I do believe that military experience is a plus, I like that it's not a requirement. Too many countries around the world, and throughout history, have been dominated by strong military leaders, and this sets us apart in a good way.

Mari North likes this.
  4. Mari North

Registered

Ah yes, Reagan... if only.....

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno about Condi. Certainly she did make a good Secretary of State and I even liked the idea that she ran for the NFL commissioners job, but I'm not too sure if her heart would be in the politcal scene that far up. That said, I would be pleased if she did run for the second highest job. She has a brain and a heart for the American people which is a whole lot more than I can say about Hillary.

I am still looking to find out what Huckabee is planning to do. I really believe he would be the direct opposite in temperament and experience of Trump and if he were to share the responsibility with Trump it could bring that part of the executive branch into a broader and more balanced complexion.

In regard to "something might be happening" I know that every candidate, whether dem or rep (except Bernard) is now having to rethink what Americans really want in a president because of Trump. Perhaps it is his non-political and anti-PC stance but whatever it is, it's working and working for every United States John Q. Public American citizen.

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  6. Mari North

Registered

Yeah, therein lies the problem... she doesn't have a heart for those high offices, sadly. Then again, I don't think anyone could really blame her for that. There was a time years ago when I thought a Powell/Rice ticket would be a good step for the country. Brains, compassion, and a military man to boot. Neither one of them wanted it. Again, who could blame them?

I'm not sure that it matters if the candidates are starting to "see" what the people have been saying for a long time... because they're not really in charge of what they do, say, or probably when they're allowed to go potty. Uh... MARI !!! :eek: That was snarky. Yeah, I know, but do we know who *really* makes all the decisions on how a candidate acts? All except Trump... yes. Thanks for answering my questions, @Bobby Cole

7. Ken Anderson

In many respects, Trump is currently conducting a general election campaign against the Republican Party, the Democrat Party, and the media. If he can pull it off, he will go down in history as a political genius. In another respect, he is the capable figurehead of a non-violent revolt by the American voters. To a lesser extent, and not as capably, Bernie Sanders is having an effect on the Democrat Party.

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Deja Vu? Even though this article was written last year...it's revelant for what is happening right now. If back then many said some of the same things about Ronald Reagan...well it gives this woman hope for Trump after all.

http://spectator.org/articles/63436/yes-trump-can-win

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Getting ready to go cast my vote for Trump here in Louisiana even though I do it with some qualms. I found it strange last night on our local news that they hardly mentioned today was voting day...usually that's all the News will talk about. Thanks @Ken Anderson for sharing all your knowledge, this was a big help to me in helping me make up my mind to not sit this election out.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Idid it! I came out of voting retirement today but the funny thing is when my Honey and I got to our voting place and he handed his card to the person who checks it....he found out he could not vote today because his Party says No Party instead of Republican like mine. I know we both were registered as Republicans so this is an error that someone in the main office made. But they wouldn't let him vote just the same so I cast my vote for both of us!

IMG_1916.JPG

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  12. Ken Anderson

13. Denise Evans

Registered

That last one, as well as the rest Ken, is a good point I hadn't thought of. We could get someone that's military, but not be a good Pres. Like "too" militant I'm thinking. So thanks for the input, I see that as a good thing, not to be a requirement to fill the office;) denise

14. Denise Evans

Registered

I think Trump is onto something, I'm willing to give him a chance. I mean, I'm not going to say "all will be well" because I do not believe that for a second. But for a very, uneducated about politics person like myself, I have gut-instincts that seem to serve me well in choices. I do not think Hillary is Presidential material, I'll even go out on a limb and say, I do not want a woman running this country. I am a woman, and I know a lot about my own kind. A man is meant to lead, that's all I'm saying, except that I believe that, it's my opinion only.

Frank Sanoica and Sheldon Scott like this.
  15. Mari North

Registered

Yay, @Babs Hunt ! I'd seriously suggest removing that picture, though... that's a hecka lot of private information showing.

Babs Hunt likes this.