1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know how many have seen this, but I would love some feedback. I think this guy is right on about the whole "Judge" thing. I read somewhere else this a.m. that they are trying to get Curio (spelling) off the case, which I do believe there might be a conflict of interest. I mean, he would not give Trump a fair trial. I know I am adlibbing what it said, but many of you will know what I mean.

http://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/4...n-trump-university-case-should-recuse-himself

2. Denise Evans

Registered

all good info bobby. I don't know much about Rubio. What I think is, Trump didn't get where he is by "hiring/picking" folks to work for him. I am hoping he is good at picking a VP (chewing my nails here). I was taught that people at the top of the heap are not always the real brains of the bunch, I mean they admit to not knowing all, so they hire folks that do know. I mean they are the "brains" for knowing that they don't know, so they hire those that do.

From the tiny bit I know about Rubio, I'm glad he is on the Trump Train. My worries come from things that trump blurts out. I hope he'll seek some "wise" counsel in these things, from here on out too. These debates between him and most likely, Hillary scare me. You never know what he's going to say, and I don't think he "thinks" before saying some things. Like it or not, in some ways we all have to be "people pleasers" as long as it is right to do so. I mean, like being kind, humble, unselfish. Those things people please too. It is also good not to think before we speak, wow, I am learning that thanks to online forums, lol;)

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Excellent, and a lot like the one I saw by Hennisy?? Also, I was disappointed in Newt, I was really for him and thought he was smart, but seems he is also a turn-coat.

5. Ken Anderson

Gingrich is a very intelligent man but he is a neoconservative, and he had hoped to be Trump's vice presidential candidate. When Trump turned down an offer of $200 million to name Gingrich as his VP, I guess Gingrich is a little butt-hurt. Ronald Reagan was also not the neoconservative's choice when he ran for president and, much like we're seeing with Trump, the neocons who were even then in charge of the Party threatened to derail his nomination, first with an open convention, and then with non-support during the general election if he didn't agree to name Bush as his VP and to fill his cabinet positions with members of the Council on Foreign Relations, so that his presidency would be a managed one. While Reagan was able to accomplish some things, he really didn't accomplish very much. Someone in his Administration later said that Reagan gave the speeches, but Bush made the decisions. That's what they're trying to do with Trump.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump needs to find someone the neoconservative dislike more than him like Jesse Ventura. They say he needs someone who is in the government to help him and that’s the exactly who is be doing a lousy job so far. He can hire someone who has the knowledge he needs and not rely on some neoconservative.

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, I was so glad to see Mr. Trump turn that offer down "buying the Vice Presidency"?? Geez, how wrong is that!! Good for Trump. Never heard the term neoconservative but don't like the way it sounds. Sound too much like neo nazi and I know that's no good:(

Probably why Reagan was shot at. I worry they'll set that up for Trump, I pray every day. It's only the good ones that take the bullets seems like:( I still think Trump will make a good decision, if he has some people to choose from, I mean a good one amongst them. Ben Carson I think is a good man, but I don't know everything I probably need to know to make that statement. I know he stands for a lot of things I believe in for my country.

I find it hard to believe Trump would actually allow anyone else to make his final decision, unless the decision can't be made by him, or made alone I mean. He's just not the type to be anyone's puppet. Doesn't seem like that to me so far.

I talk to I'll bet maybe 100 women a day, new ones all the time on the facebook pages for Trump, friends up Trump, Trumps own FB page etc. and I'm tellin you, there are a heck of a lot of women that see right through Hillary's phony bologne.

Avigail David and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

I don't think the offer was made by Gingrich.

9. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok @Ken Anderson , I didn't realize that, or even think of it. Should have read what you said more closely. So the powers that be in the Republican party were trying to get Trump to choose?? I think I get it now. I do think Gingrich is smart, but why didn't he look at the whole picture of what happened in Indiana. That to me was stupid of him to blurt out how inexcusable it was. Was it?? I'm reading more about what exactly happened, what "is" happening with Trump University, and I am seeing some things. Newt seemed like the type to me that would wait and check it all out. But see, that's what they get after Trump about, but it's all about derailing Trump. Doesn't matter what Hillary's done, or Bernie or anyone else, it "destroy Trump" using whatever means possible.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Trump found out pretty early in the game that he had to surround himself with the best he could find in order to manage through the political arena. In this case, Trump has Carson and his team to sort out the data regarding the VP hopeful.
    As Trump has stated, he really needs someone who knows their way around the Senate, but the problem with that idea is he needs someone who can preside over the Senate but be able to straddle the two branches (executive and legislative) successfully.
    While Gingrich knows his way around he also leans heavy toward the legislative branch which if left unchecked can lead to a lot of good, sensible bills not making it to the Oval Office. We can see the tie in by examining the tryst that seems to have occured between Biden, Pelosi, and Harry Reed. They gave Mr. O his pen and phone and instruct him on how and when to use it without going through Congress. Plus, ya don't have to veto or sign anything into law if it doesn't find it's way to the desk from the Senate.

My book is still on Huckabee. While he may have been a governor and not a congressman I do believe he could be a healthy bulwark between the life time politico's and an unconventional presidency that D. Trump might bring to the White House. Plus, I think Congress in general is pretty much afraid of him.

11. Denise Evans

Registered

I really liked reading this Bobby, I learned a lot from it, and a I feel you are really onto something good. It makes some real sense to me, especially where I wasn't doing much thinking about, like the fact that there will have to be some "hopefully" good relations between a Trump presidency and the "politicos". If I'm understanding your statements. The only thing I know, or have believed in the past about Huckabee was that the seculars did not want "that much" religion in the Whitehouse. I could be wrong about that, and a lot of things, because again, I really don't understand how it all works in government. I can only go with what I learn from you guys, and my gut instincts.

Thanks for the post!

Joe Riley likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

This may be off topic, but Bobby bringing up Huckabee and the thought of christians in government. I was reading somewhere about a guy that used to be Chaplain for the Senate. Does our senate today have a chaplain?? We should have for sure.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

It is perfectly lawful to ban further muslims from entering the country, There is nothing legally nor in the Constitution that states that states we have to take in anyone from another country. America can not possible continue to take in immigrants when she can not take care of her own impoverished citizens.

14. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, so true Beth, but I see those that choose to make it a "racist" thing, which is a lie from hell. Muslim is not a race first of all, and it is proven that "many" Muslim believers hate America. So yes, the brakes have to be put on immigration until we can get a handle on it. But as you said so well, we need to first take care of our citizens we have now. I've always said we cannot help others if we are down and out ourselves. Build America strong so that she can once again, be the strong ally to other countries that may need us, as well as refugees that may need sanctuary. All of us have mixed lineages. America is great because of her diversity. The "terrorists" coming here in the guise of "immigrants", and those drug-dealers, or illegals are not coming to build up America, or become a part of. They either want to destroy America, or use her for their own gain from illegal activities.

Diane Lane and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Although Trump is guilty of repeatedly making Politically Incorrect statements, he in my opinion is no more racist, bigoted or sexist than I am. To accumulate his huge fortune internationally & nationally, required him to hire and conference with too many people, male and female of diverse back rounds. The press as well as his political opposites have milked his PIC statements for all they are worth.