1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Well Obama can't use this one, since the guy didn't own his own gun evidently. It is sad, and I think if the man is not any part of radical Islam, then he is just a frightened American, so frightened by what Trump stands for. I don't understand how anyone would not want what Trump wants, but I do realize that he is pretty much the opposite of those in leadership now.

I just want to bring up the fact that a lot of people in this country are living off the government. Their incomes, EBT cards (food), welfare, and I don't think that Trump is wants anymore free-rides. I know some of the people getting help are going to be glad to have jobs. The bible says if you don't work you don't eat. I'm not sure of the verse, here it is:
    NKJV 2 Thessalonians 3:10
    For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.

I don't know if Trump believes in the bible, but I have felt so much shame for using the government for housing, as well as EBT card for food. I pray that this country stops with the free-rides, but I realize for people that are willing to work, we need jobs. I've been on a job search for awhile now. Yes I'm older, but I am able to work to supplement my Social Security that I earned while working. I earned that. But it hasn't been enough, so I realize I need at least part-time work. I would rather lose all the benefits, and have this country under good leadership. I don't think my God will let me down, I think He is going to give me work because He knows my heart.

But for those who love the freebies, I think they might believe it is best to stick with leadership as it's been. But they are selling their souls imo. That's another reason I want Trump to win, he is a working-man, like most of the people of this nation, well, I hope most of the people "want" to work and be productive members of our country.

2. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm behind the times, but I just read that Bernie is giving all his support to Hillary. He's not bowing out though, at least that's what I read on cnn site. I wish I could stay away from this all, but at the same time, I want to know what is happening. It's not like I can do anything before I vote again in November. And if I get into the ongoing "I hate Hillary" sites or "I love Trump" there is so much ridiculous statements from people, name-calling, fake pictures, etc. And I get right into it, then I feel like crap because I'm suppose to be a christian, not a very good one that's for sure.

I'm afraid sometimes, this is just getting so crazy, and I don't know how to just enjoy life, but yet, be responsible as an American. I want to work with my neighbor that has such a cute apartment, she just has the knack of fixing up old things from thriftshops or garage sales. So I asked her if she would go shopping with me. I felt so happy and like now I have this to do, something to live for, lol. Then I started feeling guilty about "enjoying life". I guess maybe I belong in a padded cell.

I guess it's that I want to work towards a future, even at my age, but wondering if there will even be a future:(

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-evangelical-advisory-board-224612

Trump's evangelical advisory board features Bachmann, Falwell
    By NICK GASS

06/21/16 02:34 PM EDT

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Former Republican presidential candidate and Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann leads an alphabetical list of names announced by Donald Trump's campaign on Tuesday as the presumptive Republican nominee's evangelical executive advisory board.

Along with Bachmann, the campaign announced the additions radio host and Focus on the Family founder James Dobson, Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr, Faith and Freedom Coalition founder Ralph Reed, among more than two dozen names.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-evangelical-advisory-board-224612#ixzz4CGNvkbn7
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Well Trump is just full of surprises. :)

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

This made my day @Babs Hunt that our Evangelical community will be not just giving some wise counsel (I know some of those pastors and they are excellent) but be truly included in things of government. I understand that some are not for Trump, but it is a chance for them all to work together for the good of America. I wonder if Hillary will be making "her advisory board" public, I doubt it;)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sad to say, he has just lost my vote. I can't stand Falwell or Bachmann. I may vote democrat for the first time in my life.

I have a feeling this will cost him as I saw him as the moderate republican choice as had many others. He is all over the place and he's starting to seem a little crazy to me.

I also see he's a conspiracy theorist and that also doesn't sit well with my views. I hope I'm allowed to voice my opinion on here and how I feel but I really wasn't paying attention to this side of him til now.

This just depressed the heck out of me. Maybe it's true what's said and he's doing this to get his friend Hillary into the White House, that seems obvious to me now.

I really fear for America now....it's a lose/ lose situation. :(

I'm so disappointed, going to bed and hope when I wake up it was just a bad dream. I'm sure before the election, he'll manage to disappoint some more of his followers with something that won't sit well with them. There's still plenty of time.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

I think you know that we are free to voice our opinions here, this site is why so many came here, no personal attacks on anyone else's beliefs or thoughts;)

I am sorry this upset you Chrissy, I try to be a better example of who Christ really is, and I know I fall terribly short. But for me, it is a great thing to have the church involved, not left out. Imo, God has been all but wiped out of America, and if nothing else, I think we need to get back on a moral track. I don't think this means that christians are in anyway, going to be taking over government, I think it simply means that Donald Trump wants to work with all people that truly love America.

I don't know who will be president, but I can tell you I just spent time with my neighbor Tanya, praying for our country. Neither of us are religious fanatics but we do believe there is a God, and that He is in control of the situation. We have the hope that no matter what, we have a hope in something that is infinite, not finite. I have been reminded today not to put my faith in men/women or the things of this world. They all turn to dust. But the God of my understanding is eternal.

At the same time, I admit I am frightened too. All the things going on, not knowing who's lying and who isn't, and that violence is getting more and more prominent. I think when we can gather together, here or in real life, we best do it, and even if we have doubts as to whether or not there is a God, we need to pray as if there is. Many of my prayers go something like this Chrissy, "I don't know if you are real God, but I am going to talk to you and ask your help anyway". I am a doubter, lots of times, but I always come back to my faith in the hope of a higher power than just people.

Big hugs, Denise

Babs Hunt and Ken Anderson like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Religion to me is a very private thing and that's the way I like to keep it. It's personal.

Besides that the conspiracy issue is also a very big negative for me more so than anything else. I only realized that about him tonight when I was doing some research. I guess I should have looked sooner.

It takes all my control to not look on that board that's how much it upsets me. People can think what they want but those aren't my views and I certainly don't want a president thinking like that.
    I'll research some more tomorrow on his conspiracy theory views and hope to God it's not true.
    People I know voting for Trump won't have issues with religion but they sure will about the conspiracy theories, I have a feeling they don't know either and I'm talking about my kids now.
    Nite nite Denise, hopefully America will survive. It's far from being a United States though.

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad to see Trump making an effort to find out what all of "We the People" want. The people who chose to be on this Evangelical Adivory Board are not obligated to vote for Trump, nor did they have to choose to be on this board. I can't even tell you if all or any of them are really Christians...though many may be "religious". Trump knows America has fallen into moral decay along with its corruption in Government. Even if one doesn't believe in God or the Bible...one still can believe in good and decent values instead of corrupt and evil ones.

Is this a ploy by Trump to get the "religious" vote? Maybe...and maybe not. But evidently those who decided to be on the Advisory Board feel they can share some wisdom with Trump, some wisdom he seems open to listening to and maybe heeding. Being willing to listen to all the people is a very good thing to me and both sides may learn something from this.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It won't get Trump the religious vote, Babs. I've been following some religious, very right wing Republicans on Facebook and seeing what they are saying. They hate Trump more than the liberals hate him.

I don't know how the numbers are in the US in regards to democrats vs Republicans but I'm pretty sure that all the Republicans that were for Cruz won't vote for Trump, they won't vote Hillary either. Trump doesn't have the support or vote of all Republicans, I don't know if that will matter, I'm just saying what I see.

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.jpg This is a photo off someone's FB page....there are many like this but this is the nicest one I could find and post. Republicans against Trump are even uglier than liberals against Trump. I think some of you are forgetting about this pretty large group. I'm not one of them, I've never been far right but moderate.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

When I first joined here I was thinking of telling her about this forum because I thought her views were so similar to Ken's, in everything but Trump. As time went on I saw she supported Cruz but didn't realize how much she hated Trump. If you were her friend on Facebook and you are voting for Trump, she'll unfriend you. She unfriended me a long time ago but for another reason.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My only opinion here is that I am glad Trump has an Evangelical Advisory Board and I think it's a good thing. This is a really strange Election year...and I don't think anyone knows what is going to happen...and who will be President. Right now there is just a lot of speculation, a lot of bad mouthing of both prominent Candidates...and a lot of people claiming that just because they feel one way...everyone else does too. And honestly, although I hope a President is elected who will help end clean up some of the corruption in our Government...the outcome is not mine to control. And I'm actually glad this is not my responibility. So while I pray for God's will to be done here...and not man's (or woman's)...my days of worrying about who is elected are over with.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Doesn't really sound like a friend at all to me...since you are not entitled to have your own opinion on things. o_O

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

She was a forum friend, admin on Yankee Patriot. I really haven't looked into these Republicans too much til now
    And Facebook is full of republicans against Trump pages. This lady belongs to at least 20 different ones. This is just one thing I clicked on and read so far.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/goodbye-republican-party-and-good-riddance/

It's becoming obvious that the issue won't be getting undecideds or some Dems to vote Trump but getting a large number of Republicans to do it. I'm starting to believe that Hillary will win.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

I love what Trump has to say, this was an excellent eye-opener, although I've heard him talk about these truths before;) I hope you will listen to this, and check it out if you don't believe it "is" truth.

Joe Riley likes this.