1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

When was this speech Denise? Recently? I'm not going to watch it now, 41 mins is too long and I have a slight headache today....rare for me.

Denise, I was going to vote for him before I starting digging deeper. Not saying Hillary is any better, she's not.

I'm saying there are some things I'm not liking about Trump at this point. There's nothing I like about Hillary so he's ahead there.

I'm also pointing out the fact that there are many Republicans that won't vote for him. I just think no matter what
    The US is in a mess and it's going to get ugly no matter who wins.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Today in New York City at 10:30 a.m. I hope I had that right, I looked it up and saw today's date, so figured many hadn't seen it. I listen to Hillary as well, because I don't want to take anyone's word on what is said. I hope you'll find time to listen Chrissy, but I do understand if you can't.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I will , just not tonight. I have pressure in my head, not bad but enough to where I'll be getting off my ipad soon.

See ya tomorrow. :)

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think we'll find that there are quite a few Bernie supporters who won't be voting for Hillary,

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I believe that as well Ken. He had some very, loyal followers, and I think they stuck by him because they didn't want Hillary in there. I think that Donald's strongest appeal is to the "working men and women", as well as the young people that have been so discouraged about their futures. This country has become depressed. The lack of jobs has driven many to near poverty, welfare, even ending up on drugs and drink. Ruining their bodies until the file for disability. I see them everywhere, every day. Trump gives me so much hope that I'll even have a job again. I'm too young not to have a regular job, or at least part-time.

Honestly, if I'd had only to choose between hillary and bernie, it would have been bernie. I don't know how many people are actually listening to what Trump says, but I believe his speeches, God only knows if he can succeed with what he wants to do for America, but I am so for him. I listened to that video that started with him talking/being interviewed when he was very young, and up until now. He is someone many of us (hopefully most of us) can truly relate to, and trust because we know he knows;)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't really understand the dislike some have for Trump. He is a far better person than Hillary, he is not a political insider, ruled by the party elite and he is certainly not the lesser of two evils as some say.
    I think he has the potential to be a great president.

Yvonne Smith and Denise Evans like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm sure there are but the ones I've seen on various sites are biting the bullet and voting Hillary.

I see more anti Trump Republicans than I see anti Hillary Democrats. Guess it depends on where you look.

I would say on Facebook my friends and family are split evenly between republican and democrat. Although some of the Bernie supporters aren't posting pro Hillary stuff, they are posting anti Trump.

I don't post political, nor do I share or like any political or religious posts on FB.

Neither candidate will unite America and that's what I see as the real problem. There is so much hate and it will just get worse.

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

I can't understand it either Sheldon. But if I look back over history, it seems to me the most loved presidents were either military men, or working men, like Abe Lincoln (the first that comes to mind). I don't see how we can get a good "leader" out of someone that isn't, and has never been, truly "part of" "we the people".

The evidence against Hillary's wrong-doings is beyond anything I've ever seen our government do wrong, at least not get caught red-handed, and still not be put in prison. I saw/heard her make the statement that "there won't be any indictment" and I'm telling you, she had no doubt imo. How can she be so sure unless there are higher-ups pulling strings. And no, Donald Trump is not the lesser of 2 evils, I have some discernment, that hopefully makes up for my lack of political knowledge, and what I see is what I get imo, or he'll at least try to carry out what he has planned;)

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

No one in the presidency can ever manage to unite all people, so I agree on that Chrissy, what I do see is Donald Trump has woken America. There are incredible numbers following Trump, more than any other campaign in history. That's what's amazing, I meet people every day that are actually excited about, being part of America, not just living in.

If he never accomplishes more than just waking the sleeping Americans, so sick of the bs feeling no hope anymore, why try, then he is already down in history as one of the greatest gifts America ever got. My heart goes out to those that have always been a part of, and voting, but then seeing how many have not contributed even their vote. Watching America crumble.

Sorry that I get so emotional but this is an emotional time in my life, as in lots of others I meet. If any one of the other candidates was running, and Donald wasn't in the picture, I'd be totally disinterested. I'd be sitting back saying "oh well, here we go again, same ole crap, why bother". I am seeing all hell break loose because this man is running for president and he is no puppet. Washington is freaking, and those in power do not want to let go of that power. They don't want to work for "we the people" they want to rule over us.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm happy for you, Denise....I really am. I hope he wins for your sake at least. I really don't see much of a difference whoever wins so don't really care.

Just one thing...Trump is not "we the people" He's lived a rich life so different than most. Only difference with him is he wasn't a politician but a businessman and a celebrity. He will do whatever will make him and his family richer.

His views on things have changed many times over the years, nothing wrong with that though so have mine but it's really hard to get to what he really believes in not just what he wants the common man to believe about him.

The things you like hearing about him, like build a wall, etc. probably won't even happen. The reality od some of the things even though they are right won't be very good for the common man.

If you got rid of all the illegals in California, food prices would go sky high. I see them hunched over every day in the fields picking the crops in the heat with hats and long sleeves, it makes me shudder to think what it would be like to trade places with them. I'm sure they get less than minimum wage. Most I see are older, maybe 40's.

I'm sure there are lots of Mexicans that aren't law abiding hard workers....mostly the gangs but all the ones I've come across are very honest and hard workers...they usually aren't the ones on disability or welfare. They get by with having many families live in one house, cheap food like rice and beans, etc. most are very religious usually catholic. I'm sure they get Medicaid help but I don't see too much other funding going to them.

I'm only speaking about what I see her in Central California. Yes, the gangs are a problem but we have Asian and Black gangs also.

Well, I don't know how I got off on this rant but I did.

Also want to say that Trump isn't using only his money, I just had a donate to Trump post pop up on my Facebook page.

I'm not writing this as an anti Trump piece but I think people only look at info from sources that will be pro whatever side your on.

I was all pro Trump til I read he's into conspiracy theories and you know how much those upset me, I can't even read them because I'm afraid I'll reply and get banned.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

I just did a post on past-presidents, and the jobs/work/military positions they held before they got into the Presidency. I didn't know where to post it, in history, or in politics, so I'll just place a link. It's an interesting chart imo. I don't know all about the different presidents, but the ones that stand out in history as being "greats" seem to me to be military, or working men. A statement was made on an anti-trump site that said "history shows" that businessmen do not make good presidents. I wonder, and would love feedback.

http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/list-of-presidents-of-the-united-states-by-occupation.4095/

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump wants to give back to the country what he took. this is where he made his fortune. and I believe him. Clinton s made no such claim. she's a taker. all the way IMO

Yvonne Smith and Denise Evans like this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

Not sure "what" conspiracy theories you are talking about, but I am not to quick to call them that in case they are indeed, just seeing things with my own eyes, and no theory at all. People sometimes don't want to look at the truth, or see it. Like the person that gets cancer will sometime completely go into denial about it. Open-minded, staying teachable is my goal in life, and I have a few others, but those should be kept at the top of my priority list;)

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Listening to a speech doesn't do it for me, all politicians say what their supporters want to hear. Then when they become president none of it happens anyway.

I liked Trump in the beginning because I didn't like any of the other choices, so he was my choice by default. Now I'm just taking a closer look that's all. Trumps main goal in life is to make money and be famous. He does have a huge ego.

I don't like Hillary at all so I don't even bother with her, so that's why I'm focusing on Trump. There must be a reason all these Republicans aren't liking him and I'm trying to see him from another angle than the Trump worshipping one.

As for the conspiracy theories, most are debunked a hundred times over but it makes no difference so I see that as a negative in a candidate.

I won't go further because I'll just say something that will offend someone.

I really think I'm not voting this time, nobody to vote for. I may vote but not a straight ticket like I've done.

When I worked elections and we were running the ballots through the counting machines, you should see how many wrote in a Disney character. Quite a few. :)

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ok, I don't even know how I spent so much time in the political board and wrote so much.

Hope everyone gets who they want! :)