Truth Social

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

(1789)

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dern and I knew that too! Thank you sir and I do stand corrected.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Hmmmmmm…..you could be partially right in that Joe Biden is indeed mentally unbalanced but so far as being an actual ally of his I don’t know.
    I mean, he did keep buying oil from Russia until it was pointed out to him that strategically, it wasn’t good for his party. Financing Russia in their fight for domination of Ukraine just wasn’t a good thing to do.

We’re still a democracy? Then Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny are real too.

Your pledge of allegiance was a lot different than mine. What country are you really from? Russia? Venezuela ? Cuba?
    Let’s try Constitutional Republic shall we? Ya know, “and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation [under God] indivisible with liberty and justice for all”.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

No, I did not join Truth nor do I plan on doing so. Now, as for Donald Trump; I doubt that I'd care to have him for a personal friend, but he's a shrewd businessman and I feel that since this government has become such big business, he'd serve it well. He proved me right. But, he has a mouth that spews forth before his brain catches up with it. If he'd stayed away from Twitter in the first place, it might have made a difference. His long standing feud with the press was already legend and they went after him tooth and nail. Steven Stanik suggests that Trump is an ally of Putin and Russia without presenting one hard fact, among his other allegations against Trump. Steven Stanik does not deserve one response to his irresponsible remarks. If another shrewd businessman can capture the presidency and pull off what Trump did, I'll be satisfied. He believes in small national government with each state assuming its own self determination and so do I. We all live in a state that has the three branches of government and each legislates accordingly. What South Dakota needs, NJ does not and vice versa. The U.S. Code covers all national laws. I am considered and Anti-Federalist for my beliefs and so was Thomas Jefferson, so, I am in good company. Our Constitution did not get ratified until The Bill of Rights was included and we can thank the AF's for that.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

And suddenly, to no one's surprise...
    Donald Trump Is Back On Twitter
    Mon, May 16, 2022, 7:34 PM

Former President Donald Trump is back on Twitter.

His messages from his own operation, Truth Social, are now being posted under the new Twitter profile “President Donald J. Trump’s Truth Social Posts.”

The description for the account @PresTrumpTS adds: “President Donald J. Trump’s Truth Social Posts on Twitter — Making sure President Trump is heard on Twitter while he and Devin Nunes focus on Truth Social.”

The tweets available Monday included 210 messages Trump has posted on Truth Social since February, which are now also tailored to Twitter. Each tweet pleads: “Please Follow and Retweet.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-back-twitter-003403140.html

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I thought the Musk purchase was on hold? I've not read details, just seen headlines.

Lois Winters likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Last I read, Musk says the deal is on hold; Twitter says the deal is done.

Hoot Crawford and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

That's pretty funny.

9. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I opened a twitter account when it first came out but never used it. Not interested in Truth Social. I waste waaaay too much time on line as it is. I need to go out and get some fresh air, or something.

10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I think when the stock price went down, Musk wanted to renegotiate the price.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

From what I understand, they had vastly inflated their true number of subscribers, which effects the actual value of the product. Let's say that I never did any pruning of the membership numbers here, or that I manipulated the numbers to make it appear that this forum was hugely more popular than it is, and then I tried to sell it to someone based on its popularity, that's pretty much what is going on with Twitter, but on a much larger scale.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

From Business Insider...

"Twitter and Musk set out terms and conditions last month to ensure that both parties stick to closing the buyout deal, which is expected to end in October. Each side agreed to pay the other party a $1 billion penalty if they don't honor the agreement.

Should negotiations look shaky, Twitter could also enact a "specific performance" clause to force Musk — through a lawsuit — to close the deal if there's already financing in place and all conditions are met.

Twitter's falling share price suggested that investors were convinced that Musk's current buyout offer might fall through. It closed at $38.32 on Tuesday, almost 30% lower than Musk's offer at $54.20 per share."

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Steven Stanick

Steven Stanick Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I forget, how much money did Mexico spend on building the wall? What's that? None?! It came out of our military budget?!:(
    For me, any president that takes the word of the communist tyrant Putin over our FBI and CIA is my kind of guy.:confused:
    Did any nation take Trump's idea of setting off nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes?:eek:

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Mexico's President said in no uncertain terms that Mexico would not pay for the wall. But Payment might have come in other forms--tolls, tariffs...Right now, all the money is in the toilet and we have been invaded.
    Trump took no one at his word. He knew everyone lies. Look at Hillary.
    He was in talks with Putin, knowing that each did not trust the other but each respected the other.
    Did Trump actually set off nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes?
    He definitely blew smoke too much on twitter.
    But he set us up for energy independence and eventually could have eased in renewable sources when they were capeable of producing what we needed instead of putting the cart before the horse.
    He actually got covid vaccines produced for those that would want them.